Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: King Event Toronto, Canada 10/24/2013

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I may also bring the letter I received in 1977 from Warner Bros setting an appointment for me to audition for the role of Danny Torrance in "The Shining". It is light and easy to carry.
    Here's the story of the kid who got your role: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1477838

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting article. I could have been a pig farmer!

I see like me, he is a native of Illinois.

My mother told me that I got the audition because my Grandmother sent in a picture of me in response to a newspaper ad looking for a boy around my age for a movie roll. I also recall something about them wanting a mid-western accent.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Tippy Torrance. I like it!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting article. I could have been a pig farmer!

I see like me, he is a native of Illinois.

My mother told me that I got the audition because my Grandmother sent in a picture of me in response to a newspaper ad looking for a boy around my age for a movie roll. I also recall something about them wanting a mid-western accent.
    I am waiting for your release of information about other parts you played.... Was that you in Hooterville on Green Acres? Did you sing with Britney & Justin on Mickey Mouse Club?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Since I can't attend, I highly recommend all of you stay sober. Meet for a coffee well in advance (don't bring your books-coffee stains). No fun is allowed!
    Never gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    i'd be in for a little lounge time before the event.
    Yahoo! Really looking forward to meeting you Surly!

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    My flight gets in at 2:11pm that day and I have shuttle bus reserved to the Hotel...We should be settled by 5pm.
    Your hotel is right around the block. But I think a 4pm meet might be better. We may want to be first in line...

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    IT and The Dark Tower III for me.
    IT is such a heavy book....I would not want to haul that one around.

[
    Might be a heavy book but I really want my IT gift edition signed so that one is a definite. Not sure what my second book will be yet, tho.
    reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I "reserved" the Watermark Lounge for 4pm for 15-20 people. Its not really a reservation per se Just made sure they knew a larger group would be there and that they were prepared to handle the drink orders lol.

I decided 4pm would be better than 5. In fact I thought an after event meeting would be better but the lounge and restaurant close at 10pm. The event is at 8pm so no way did that work. The lounge has a short menu but does include steak, pizza, burgers and chicken as well as a few appetizers.

So official Meet Drink Eat and Be Merry:

4pm Watermark Lounge Oct 24
    Radisson Hotel Admiral Toronto-Harbourfront
    249 Queens Quay West
    (416) 203-3333

Looking forward to hanging out with you all.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Be prepared folks, force of nature! TN, you travelling solo this time or dragging your debate partner along?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Be prepared folks, force of nature! TN, you travelling solo this time or dragging your debate partner along?
    LOL. Rep points for that one.

John F. Kennedy k9 mommy is on a distinguished road k9 mommy's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you mean ..no printable tickets?
    I just bought 2 tickets from aTDT member but still have to see them!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    COULD BE a new Debate Partner as I hear she is bringing a Daughter

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh fuck. Family feud.
    Explorer you are in charge of breaking it up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZJch_gyvro

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"Mommy, why are you wearing that hat?"
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Or is it more, "Yo, ma ... nice lid. How about another swig, ay?" (the 'ay' being because they're in Canada, lf course).

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Waiting patiently for TN response to see if I went over the line ........

(Over the line? You ... you ... you're so far past the line that you can't even see the line! The line is a dot to you!)

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

TN- I'll see ya at 4pm in Toronto. I can't wait to meet everyone!!!)
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If by any chance at all someone cant make it i would love to buy 2 tickets or be happy to send you the signed Doctor sleep book that they will be selling.
    anyone???

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have an insight on how the book signing is supposed to work? I wonder if there is any advantage to getting there early. Supposedly King will sign for an hour, but I find it hard to believe he walks away if there is still a line. He signs fairly quickly and could likely knock off a couple hundred in an hour, but there could be 400 people in line.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am also interested in this answer.
    With some people we were discussing what time we should go to the Paris signing. Some people said midnight, some said the earliest metro possible (~6am)... for an event in november, starting at 1pm.
    I dont know what to think : there will be foreign people, and I am sure that they would like to get a book signed after spending some bucks, so i would tend to say that they' ll go early... but i have no idea of what that means.

If it's strictly 2 hours = 120 people i guess, with an average of 1 person per minute.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    With some people we were discussing what time we should go to the Paris signing. Some people said midnight, some said the earliest metro possible (~6am)... for an event in november, starting at 1pm.
    I dont know what to think : there will be foreign people, and I am sure that they would like to get a book signed after spending some bucks, so i would tend to say that they' ll go early... but i have no idea of what that means.

If it's strictly 2 hours = 120 people i guess, with an average of 1 person per minute.
    With the book opened and no talking, i timed him at 4 per minute 240 in the hour. NO TALKING or distractions!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I for one plan to distract him!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I doubt that it would be feasible for 2 hours
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

In Savannah Georgia, everyone that wanted a book signed got one signed. In fact, less than 300 people wanted a book signed, and we were able to get multiple signatures, because there was still time left. We started lining up at 10 am and the people that arrived at the event at 3 pm still got their books signed.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The weather is going to be cold.....that may scare some folks off.

I think he could easily sign 400 books in 1.5 to 2.0 hours.

Hopefully his handlers will move the line along. No posing for pictures. Having the books ready (DJ folded to the page to be signed), handing him books from one side, talking them from the other, etc..
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems very odd but according to Harbourfront Centre's webpage, the event is sold out but you can buy tickets right now....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
    Seems very odd but according to Harbourfront Centre's webpage, the event is sold out but you can buy tickets right now....
    I saw that. I suppose it's possible some GA seating opened up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast