Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: King Event Toronto, Canada 10/24/2013

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Default King Event Toronto, Canada 10/24/2013

Wanted to start a thread to see if there is any interest in a TDT Member get together either before or after the event?

A few of us are staying down the street at the Raddisson which might be a good location to Eat Drink & Be Merry

Any interest and if so thoughts as to Day/Time?

The event starts at 8pm so after the event might be a little late, but maybe we can meet before the event at around 4 or 5 pm?

Input Appreciated!
    reality continues to ruin my life

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

You can count on us being a part of a gathering.

John F. Kennedy k9 mommy is on a distinguished road k9 mommy's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default King in TO

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Wanted to start a thread to see if there is any interest in a TDT Member get together either before or after the event?

A few of us are staying down the street at the Raddisson which might be a good location to Eat Drink & Be Merry

Any interest and if so thoughts as to Day/Time?

The event starts at 8pm so after the event might be a little late, but maybe we can meet before the event at around 4 or 5 pm?

Input Appreciated!
    Hi.
    I missed the sale of the tickets and I have been looking for 2 tickets and would love to meet with fellow King"s fans.
    Can you help with the tickets.
    I am from Barrie.
    Thanks.
    Suzanne

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly I can't make this event. I'll be in Mexico for a week, then come back three days before the event. I just couldn't spend the extra money. I am saving for the King event(s) next year.
    I will however live vicariously through everyone else who is going.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Sadly I can't make this event. I'll be in Mexico for a week, then come back three days before the event. I just couldn't spend the extra money. I am saving for the King event(s) next year.
    I will however live vicariously through everyone else who is going.
    What King events?

What do you know man?????
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That would be a nice cover.... but I dont really know, something looks odd about it. The font maybe, and that KING is is bold contrary to the rest of his name. That looks unusual i think, but I could be wrong.
    First time i see that artwork though.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is an interesting David Bowie exhibit in Toronto for any fans:

http://www.ago.net/david-bowie-is-co...-ago-this-fall

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking at the list of events and authors at Toronto actually provides many interesting options. I added tickets to our itinerary for:
    Heroes and Demons
    Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 4:00 PM
    Fleck Dance Theatre
    Round table: IFOA
    Participants: Mark Askwith , Kelly Braffet, Thomas Enger, Owen King, Andrew Pyper
    Mystery and thriller writers Kelly Braffet, Thomas Enger, Owen King and Andrew Pyper discuss the navigation of good and evil in life and in literature. Hosted and moderated by Mark Askwith.

I think this could also be interesting.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We're in for a meet and drinks! I'd love to put a face with the screen names!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    We're in for a meet and drinks! I'd love to put a face with the screen names!
    If we're going to do this I need more input from members.
    There is both a lounge and a restaurant at the hotel but if more than 15 people we need to reserve the space.

Im thinking 5pm before the event.

Anyone thinking they might show up send me a PM so I can get idea of how many...
    reality continues to ruin my life

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i'd be in for a little lounge time before the event.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be there with my wife...think we can also meet for drinks beforehand! We are staying at InterContinental...stay in touch with me Twisted

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also....am curious to know what people are bringing to get signed....as I am getting 2 books, still retying to figure it out....as a Dark Tower nutjob I'm strongly leaning toward Viking Gunslinger proof for one....lots of contenders though...I have a triple signed Moth so I could also get ONAN signed to match it....HMMMMMMM

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Night Shift, 'Salem's Lot, The Gunslinger for me (+ my wife and a friend). I'll bring a couple extras in case King is in a good mood, probably The Shining and It.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Unlikely King will be in a good mood after signing 800 books..........
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My flight gets in at 2:11pm that day and I have shuttle bus reserved to the Hotel...We should be settled by 5pm.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How early are you guys planning on heading over to the event? We will meet for drinks too, but I'm always a nervous nelly when it comes to these events. Especially since there were no printable tickets.

I bought The Shining especially for this occasion, and I think I'm taking IT too. And don't forget your Owen King books!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I can't attend, I highly recommend all of you stay sober. Meet for a coffee well in advance (don't bring your books-coffee stains). No fun is allowed!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

IT and The Dark Tower III for me. I gave my brother in law a copy of IT signed and regretted it ever since. Even though it was for a military auction and a good cause.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    IT and The Dark Tower III for me.
    IT is such a heavy book....I would not want to haul that one around.

I too will be bringing The Waste Lands.

I may also bring the letter I received in 1977 from Warner Bros setting an appointment for me to audition for the role of Danny Torrance in "The Shining". It is light and easy to carry.

Especially since there were no printable tickets.
    I had my tickets mailed to me.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Especially since there were no printable tickets.
    I had my tickets mailed to me.
    Really? Maybe I missed a box to check. I was in a hurry to get them before they sold out!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I may also bring the letter I received in 1977 from Warner Bros setting an appointment for me to audition for the role of Danny Torrance in "The Shining". It is light and easy to carry.
    Now, that, Rick, is seriously freaking cool !!!!
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Now, that, Rick, is seriously freaking cool !!!!
    YES That is very cool... and when traveling to distant events, I tend to find lightweight items if I can and the more unusual, unique the better.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm bringing copies of Cujo and Christine that I bought when they were originally released. In previous events, I had him sign copies of Firestarter, It and The Shining. It's particularly gratifying to have sign a book that I've had for 20 or 30 years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast