Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which novels should advance?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jaws, by Peter Benchley

15 51.72%
  • American Gods, by Neil Gaiman

6 20.69%
  • The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath

4 13.79%
  • Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry

5 17.24%
  • Breakfast of Champions, by Kurt Vonnegut

11 37.93%
  • The Karamazov Brothers, by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

9 31.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top 100 Round 1-1, Group H

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Top 100 Round 1-1, Group H

In this round, consisting of two sub-rounds, we determine which of the 41 novels with 2 secondings will occupy the 11 slots left in the 100 list.

You can vote for as many as you like. Due to the unconvenient number of participants (41), this group is a lucky one: top 4 will advance to the next sub-round.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

everyone is very welcome to comment on the votes!

bears voted The Bell Jar and The Karamazov Brothers

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Breakfast of Champions.

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to vote for The Karamazov Brothers, by Fyodor Dostoyevsky...

Dostoyevsky is just GREAT
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Country
    Country Flag

yes, he is!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed about Dostoyevsky.

As a side note, I live very close to the place where he lived, and walking along those streets this time of the year (dark, rainy, gloomy weather) I can totally relate to some of the feelings/mood in Crime and Punishment.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

I grew up there. To be precise, in the house where he wrote Бедные люди.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Small world
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like both I want to advance are winning! Go Brothers and Breakfast
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Right now I am glad four of these proceed. If American Gods doesn't make it, I am no longer friends with any of you.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Cant vote, havent read any of these, though I'd hope to get to all of them eventually.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Cant vote, havent read any of these, though I'd hope to get to all of them eventually.
    why oh why didn't you read The Bell Jar before??? You would vote for it now, and it would have a chance!..

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Jean, I've actually never even heard of it.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

now you have!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

indeed
    Sloth Love Chunk

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate this mix. There are too many good books on it. Ok, my vote goes to:

JAWS
    AMERICAN GODS
    LONESOME DOVE
    BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS

Having reviewed and voted the other groupings, these last three especially need to advance.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

since it seems that everyone who was going to vote has already voted, the poll will be closed in 36 hours

the failure of The Bell Jar broke my heart

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

49 votes, so far and by cursory review that seems to be an average rate. Not too shabby for these forums. Well done, Jean!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Last chance to vote. The poll closes in four hours.

Country
    Country Flag

this poll is closed

Jaws
    American Gods
    Breakfast of Champions
    The Karamazov Brothers

advance to the next round

+ Reply to Thread