Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Doctor Sleep Colorado 9/25/2013

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cleared it with work, the wife, and the kids (not in that order) ... I am in!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Cleared it with work, the wife, and the kids (not in that order) ... I am in!
    Have fun!!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The folks at The Stanley are very kind. Just received this response to an inquiry I made:
    "Mr. Smith,
    We did have room 217 available for the night of your stay, so I gave you a complimentary upgrade into that room. Unfortunately, our regular tours of the hotel have been suspended through the end of October. But if you would like to arrange a private tour, you are still able to do so."
    Nice! I also got a complimentary upgrade to one of their haunted rooms. Would have preferred 217 but a raven beat me to it.

Hey TN - Last PMs between us were re the EOTD proof, two weeks or so ago ... .
    You and I didnt have PMs re meeting at the Stanley?? My box has been cleared out since then so cant check but Im pretty sure we did...

Highly unlikely.
    Wow. After seeing those photos Id have to agree...
    reality continues to ruin my life

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You and I didnt have PMs re meeting at the Stanley?? My box has been cleared out since then so cant check but Im pretty sure we did...
    Nope, wasn't me ... wish it had been! All good in the end though, will be nice to meet everyone. Is the plan to get together at the Stanley (or elsewhere) before or after the reading? That'll decide when I drive up on Wednesday and whether I stay overnight or not .... only about a 1.5 hr drive to Boulder from here.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be at The Stanley Tuesday afternoon and overnight. I believe TwistedNadine and her guest will also be their Tuesday night. Explorer is in NYC Tuesday night for the King event and comes into Colorado on Wednesday.
    Wednesday, AFAIK Myself, Explorer TwistedNadine and our guests are staying at Chautauqua park where the King event will be held. There are numerous cottages within easy walking distance to the hall where the event is being held. Mine looks to be ~150' from the venue.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The folks at The Stanley are very kind. Just received this response to an inquiry I made:

"Mr. Smith,

We did have room 217 available for the night of your stay, so I gave you a complimentary upgrade into that room. Unfortunately, our regular tours of the hotel have been suspended through the end of October. But if you would like to arrange a private tour, you are still able to do so."
    Lucky bastard!!! Have a ball!!! Post plenty of pics!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is cool, you are one lucky (but deserving of it) guy!

Hope everyone going to this event has a really fab time, give my regards to Mr. King too.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just made my reservations at the Stanley for Tuesday night! Not sure what time I'll be able to make it up there, depends when I can get off of work. Looks to be about a 1.5 hour drive from C-Springs to Golden and then another 2 or so to Estes Park via Hwy 7, so with traffic and darkness probably 4 hrs or so altogether ... likely up there between 8 & 10 pm. I'll be in the main hotel, don't know what room (except that it's not 217!). Will join the festivities at the Chautauqua on Wednesday afternoon, then depending how late the reading goes will either drive home afterwards or grab a hotel in Boulder for the night (Chautauqua is sold out). Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hoping against hope that there will be a signing opportunity, so am bringing either my Gunslinger 2nd or Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption (my favorite, and you never see it signed).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just made my reservations at the Stanley for Tuesday night! Not sure what time I'll be able to make it up there, depends when I can get off of work. Looks to be about a 1.5 hour drive from C-Springs to Golden and then another 2 or so to Estes Park via Hwy 7, so with traffic and darkness probably 4 hrs or so altogether ... likely up there between 8 & 10 pm. I'll be in the main hotel, don't know what room (except that it's not 217!). Will join the festivities at the Chautauqua on Wednesday afternoon, then depending how late the reading goes will either drive home afterwards or grab a hotel in Boulder for the night (Chautauqua is sold out). Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hoping against hope that there will be a signing opportunity, so am bringing either my Gunslinger 2nd or Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption (my favorite, and you never see it signed).
    Have a blast!!!

Bring me back some "Redrum" beer!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Have fun everyone.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is very similar to the drive we will be taking up Highway 7 to The Stanley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiV3J_e977Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL_qN8WRG6o

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJHy-3mptmY

Note:
    Not my wife. She is far prettier. I will take and post a picture of her in the tub.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Note:
    Not my wife. She is far prettier. I will take and post a picture of her in the tub.

Yes Jerome, she is indeed

Have an awesome time (and the other members lucky enough to attend) and I (we) look forward to some happy snaps upon your return
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post

Note:

Yes Jerome, she is indeed

Have an awesome time (and the other members lucky enough to attend) and I (we) look forward to some happy snaps upon your return
    Dare I say, "Ditto"? Have a blast folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck everyone! Have a great time there!

AND DON'T DO THE GHOST TOUR!! Worst 15 bucks I ever spent.

Go to the Brewery. They have for sale The Shining labels and beers (even when the beer is not that good).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Ari_Racing;803133]Good luck everyone! Have a great time there!

AND DON'T DO THE GHOST TOUR!! Worst 15 bucks I ever spent.

My friends? I'll take any "The Shining/Dr. Sleep" promotional items you can bring back!!! I sooo wish I had signed up for this venture!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My friends? I'll take any "The Shining/Dr. Sleep" promotional items you can bring back!!! I sooo wish I had signed up for this venture!!!
    Nothing says you can't catch a flight to Denver tomorrow or Wednesday, Bill, it's an easy plane ride away. Come for the company, if nothing else!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have a great time everyone, I too look forward to seeing photos and reading your stories of the event!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, have a blast folks!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stopped in Idaho Springs today for a beer at a local brewery. Tonight we stay in Black Hawk, and tomorrow morning drive up to the Stanley.
    The country and mountains here are stunning. Here at Black Hawk we are over 8,500 ft. elevation. We actually will end up going down to 7,500 ft. for Estes Park.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I remember first reading about tommyknockers in a Hardy Boys book -- they were a well known legend among miners.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I would just like to wish everyone going to The Stanley Hotel and to the event in Boulder safe travels and I hope y'all have a great time. I am sure your visit to The Stanley will be memorable. Have fun and post pics!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ask a Cornish tin miner from my neck of the woods about the knockers, they always throw the crust of their pasties down the shaft for the knockers.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Ask a Cornish tin miner from my neck of the woods about the knockers, they always throw the crust of their pasties down the shaft for the knockers.
    In the US "pasties" cover your nipples. The Cornish tin miner's wearing pasties provides a rather humorous visual. I have no idea what use the Tommyknockers would have for them.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stayed in Black Hawk last night. They had us on the 27th floor. Here is the view before sunrise this morning:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast