Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Samanth Shannon, The Bone Season, who has read it? Next J K Rowling???

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered it yesterday.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I thought the first was very good. You could always cancel your preorder if you don't like it or just sell it.
    I'm trying to figure out if I want to use the space on my bookshelves for a seven book series that may have no collectible value down the road. Other than the Goldsboro website, I have not heard anything about the series in the states. I doubt anyone is going to make a seven movie series like Harry Potter.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I thought the first was very good. You could always cancel your preorder if you don't like it or just sell it.
    I'm trying to figure out if I want to use the space on my bookshelves for a seven book series that may have no collectible value down the road. Other than the Goldsboro website, I have not heard anything about the series in the states. I doubt anyone is going to make a seven movie series like Harry Potter.
    I thought Disney had bought the rights to this series??

Actually, I see it's Fox.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, after a year - Is she the next JK Rowling ?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Reviews have not been kind to her and one point that constantly comes up is that being compared to Rowling was actually a disservice. Read a few reviews on Goodreads and you'll see what I mean. People got mad because they expected a competent, well-written story.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received my UK signed copy of The Mime Order from Waterstones

DJ is damaged with huge black (oil?) stains... WTH ???

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Looking at the artwork online, it seems to be a part of the design not actual damage.

Country
    Country Flag

Looking at the artwork online, it seems to be a part of the design not actual damage.
    Joe - You may be right. I looked again closely and it could be the cover design. If that's the case - the design not looking so good....

Along the Path of the Beam Topo77 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, if someone is interested Goldsboro Books is selling signed 1st UK edition of The Mime Order.

http://www.goldsborobooks.com/books/...tion-4310.html

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Joe - You may be right. I looked again closely and it could be the cover design. If that's the case - the design not looking so good....
    I think the Bone Season has the same look, it just didn't translate well to a red cover.

Country
    Country Flag

Signing tonight in PA. Anyone going?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Signing tonight in PA. Anyone going?
    I'm going tomorrow to Nashville signing

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody have the ARC? The one I picked up has this section 109 sticker on it (resale law under the US Code). I'm trying to decide whether to remove it...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Anybody have the ARC? The one I picked up has this section 109 sticker on it (resale law under the US Code). I'm trying to decide whether to remove it...
    I would take it off. I had that same sticker on two different proofs from seller "gmedia" on ABE that I got very recently. I don't know the meaning of the sticker but I don't think it is specific to any particular proof or title.

Country
    Country Flag

Very low key signing tonight. She was with Sarah J. Maas so there was lots of "girl talk" between the two, including "hot guys & sexy times". I was cracking up but my husband couldn't take it. LOL.

I ended up standing at the table for quite a while waiting for Sarah to sign, so I got to chat with Samantha. She ended up doodling in my books while I waited. I'll post pics tomorrow. They are quite funny.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Very low key signing tonight. She was with Sarah J. Maas so there was lots of "girl talk" between the two, including "hot guys & sexy times". I was cracking up but my husband couldn't take it. LOL.

I ended up standing at the table for quite a while waiting for Sarah to sign, so I got to chat with Samantha. She ended up doodling in my books while I waited. I'll post pics tomorrow. They are quite funny.
    Becca - did she signed other books than the Mime Order ? I'm planning to bring my proof to the signing tomorrow

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I would take it off. I had that same sticker on two different proofs from seller "gmedia" on ABE that I got very recently. I don't know the meaning of the sticker but I don't think it is specific to any particular proof or title.
    Mine came without the sticker, but with the letter

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Of all the gin joints at ABE we bought at the same. Sticker removed, altho I don't know why they felt a need to put one on.

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Mine came without the sticker, but with the letter
    Trade you my sticker for your letter!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Of all the gin joints at ABE we bought at the same. Sticker removed, altho I don't know why they felt a need to put one on.
    gmedia listed a lot of proofs on ABE recently and I have seen that sticker on the books that I and others acquired from her. I wonder if she is putting them on all of the proofs she sells to cover herself legally somehow?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone interested in the Signed/Numbered edition of The Bone Season from Goldsboro Books? I bought it but never read it and don't need it on my shelf. I have number 94/250 available for sale. PM me if interested.

Country
    Country Flag

Signing pics from last night. Samantha will sign anything you bring.

I picked up Sarah's books because she was hysterical plus I'm a sucker for cool cover art! I'll give them a try.

Because Outlander!

I have a pic with Samatha but I look like a troll (she's 5'11") and it won't be posted

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! I think Samantha Shannon will be a force to reckon with.

"A Troll"...I love it.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - looks great ! I'm getting ready for tonight.

Thanks for sharing Becca

Country
    Country Flag

Came back from the event - it was great. Samantha talked and read from the new book. Then Q&A - she is so funny - long answers to short questions. You can tell she is young and not used to talk in front of big crowd (and she said that...). Had the chance to chat with her while she was signing my books (got few mime order and some books I brought with me). I told her about our SK group and that she has some SK collectors fans... She loved it.

Finally I took a photo with her - Becca was correct !!!

The bone season 1st

The bone season ARC with Paige doodle

The mime order

The mime order ARC signed and doodled

With Samantha

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Stuff! Thank you for sharing.

If anyone out there has a first UK signed The Bone Season for sale...please PM me.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast