Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Doctor Sleep Sept. 24th NYC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Explorer left me a VM saying he met/saw King before SK went into the the Good Morning America show. It sounded (VM was garbled) like he got some stuff signed.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

GMA! That explains why I did not see him on TODAY!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wizardsrainbow just texted me and is furious. He asked me to post this:

"Pissed off here at king nyc...they changed from 1 book per ticket...i have 6...to one book per person...arrrgggghhh"

"Pls post that on site"

"I have 4 extrtrfa tix from a customer...now they are selling the extra seats...double selling the shits...reduces further chances of getting signed copy"

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

"Pissed off here at king nyc...they changed from 1 book per ticket...i have 6...to one book per person...arrrgggghhh"

"Pls post that on site"

"I have 4 extrtrfa tix from a customer...now they are selling the extra seats...double selling the shits...reduces further chances of getting signed copy"
    TRANSLATION = Cluster Fuck

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Text him back and tell him to grab the smelliest homeless people he can find, and bring the into the venue.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

They better not try to pull this crap in Cambridge on Friday! King's website and Harvard's website very clearly say "Each ticket will include a first edition of Doctor Sleep. Mr. King will pre-sign a limited number of copies of Doctor Sleep, which will be randomly distributed, along with the other first editions, to ticketholders at the event." Seems pretty clear to me from both websites that if I have extra tickets then I am entitled to one of those copies, signed or not.

This is from King's website on the NYC event "Tickets are $40 for premium seats and $37.50 for rear, side and balcony seats and will include a copy of Doctor Sleep. The event will not include a book signing, but Stephen will be pre-signing a limited number of copies of Doctor Sleep, which will be randomly distributed at the conclusion of the event." I would shove this in their face and sue their asses - the problem is that the Center for Fiction's website is more ambiguous "The event will not include a book signing, but Stephen will be pre-signing a limited number of copies of Doctor Sleep, which will be randomly distributed at the conclusion of the event."

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Just heard from one of the folks I sold a NY ticket to....she got a signed book!

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    BUMP

Anyone see King before the event?

Explorer??????
    NO.... other than at GMA

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I got a signed one too.... Awesome!!!
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

"Pls post that on site"

There were ways around that..... A Little Finesse works every time. I was able to use all my tickets..

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

"Pls post that on site"

There were ways around that..... A Little Finesse works every time. I was able to use all my tickets..
    Due tell, I am going to Cambridge on Friday! Did you get a signed book?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

"Pls post that on site"

Yes a couple.... and two other member/friends wound up with 3 out of 4 signed in their group

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

"Pls post that on site"

Yes a couple.... and two other member/friends wound up with 3 out of 4 signed in their group

I had 12 tickets. 2 from twisted nadine and 10 that i purchased. I advertised on craigslist looking for humans to use my tickets free of charge, all i want is the book. I had over 10 calls and gave away my tickets at the event. Ended up with 4 books signed. 4 books out of 16. it was not my lucky night. 16? because people gave me 4 tickets in disgust, i went in line and got 4 more unsigned books.

TWISTED NADINE, We found another copy signed just not on the title page!! some body wasnt paying attention!!!

TRUE STory. Eddie - my brothers friend was so bored in the event he walked out of the event and watched the workers pulling signed copies from the piles. Students also were eligible for signed copies!! they had free tickets.

Worst run event ever!!! i ran into sk on the way out. he signed Thinner for me!!!!!!!!!! yeah made it worth while!!!! 2 more bachman books left!!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got completely shut out...WORST run event ever...nothing to do with not getting a signed book...just POOR event planning

Anyone selling??? I'm buying

david@bettsbooks.com

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

[QUOTE=Kingfan24;803351]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

"Pls post that on site"

I had 12 tickets. 2 from twisted nadine and 10 that i purchased. I advertised on craigslist looking for humans to use my tickets free of charge, all i want is the book. I had over 10 calls and gave away my tickets at the event. Ended up with 4 books signed. 4 books out of 16. it was not my lucky night. 16? because people gave me 4 tickets in disgust, i went in line and got 4 more unsigned books.

TWISTED NADINE, We found another copy signed just not on the title page!! some body wasnt paying attention!!!

TRUE STory. Eddie - my brothers friend was so bored in the event he walked out of the event and watched the workers pulling signed copies from the piles. Students also were eligible for signed copies!! they had free tickets.

Worst run event ever!!! i ran into sk on the way out. he signed Thinner for me!!!!!!!!!! yeah made it worth while!!!! 2 more bachman books left!!!
    I'm not real sure how you can say that is "unlucky". I agree the event wasn't that greatly run but c'mon you got SIXTEEN BOOKS with 4 signed so you got 25 percent signed. Plus four totally free books.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

EVENT Update. This was the most disappointing SK event for me yet. Organizers pulled a fast one yesterday with an email Only one book per live person. The good news was that it was a complete cluster f... i walked in and got 4 tickets for books. unfortunately the system was rigged from the beginning workers *verified* were taking signed books for themselves random my butt!!!

event started 15 minutes late. weird weird format. Owen read from SK book, SK read from Owens Book they had a 7 minute chat - each asking one another 1 ONE did i say one! yep one question. Then Owen read from his book, SK read from his own book and then time for my favorite part!! questions from the audience. 2 questions from the audience screened by the event organizer. then it ended!!!! then the cluster f started. stand in line for what was supposed to be a 1 in 2 chance for an sk book. Not going to happen!! I turned in 4 tickets got 0 books signed.

Eddie got one and one of my guests got 1 not sure how we missed the other one, but i am glad i looked through all the books! one was signed on a wrong page.
    then the best part ran into SK on the way out and got SK sig on Thinner and another Dr. Sleep!!!!

I will never, ever do a random signing book signing again!!! Eddie didnt think to record them "stealing" signed books, but he stayed out there. He called the organizer a liar. She said she was removing damaged books. she said one page was upside down. complete BS he said he was going to tell everyone that was coming out - good luck folks they have already been picked through the staff friends.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

I'm not real sure how you can say that is "unlucky". I agree the event wasn't that greatly run but c'mon you got SIXTEEN BOOKS with 4 signed so you got 25 percent signed. Plus four totally free books.

I was about to say the same thing....I think you did just fine.

If you don't count the four tickets, that someone gave you "in disgust" that means you got four our of twelve (33%) plus your Thinner signed..... I think you did better than most....David got ZERO.

It is shitty the staff workers were pulling the signed copies.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

And on top of that...if you don't count the four tickets, that someone gave you "in disgust" that means you got four our of 12......and I think you did better than most....David got ZERO.
    I will be calling center for fiction tomorrow and giving them an earfull

My Mood
    Asleep

And on top of that...if you don't count the four tickets, that someone gave you "in disgust" that means you got four our of 12 (33%) plus your Thinner signed..... I think you did better than most....David got ZERO.

It is shitty the staff workers were pulling the signed copies.

Feeling better now!! I just had to vent. I should be happy with my success! My friend was texting me while i was in the theatre and it was driving me insane! He was telling me what they were doing out there!

It was fun to see owen and sk interact. i was over reacting and calming down!!! all the organizers were driving me crazy! Breathe relax and be happy!!! I hope i can forget the stealing part and i am extremely happy about thinner.

The worst part is, my other friend had a dr sleep in her hand, and i said no grab the paperback. by the time she found a richard bachman book in the bag he quit signing and jumped in the taxi!! I did not explain to her that Richard Bachman was Stephen King. she thought that wa s a different author. Lesson learned! everyone gets a sk biography update!!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well shit...another person I sold a ticket to just posted one on ebay....bought my last three tickets yesterday for $108 total...less than what I paid for I think....but at least I did not get stuck with them.

Lucky bastard.

Doubt he will get the $500 he is asking...but if he does...more power to him!

AUCTION LINK

redsoxfan565 (nicksportautograps) got one too..

LINK
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

I ended up with a couple, but I agree it was a complete mess. I've got a bunch of tickets for Harvard, and I'm contemplating just taking a loss on the tickets. Not sure how to play it. Hopefully they figure it out tomorrow in CO.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I would not touch this one if the buyer offered it for $10...

LINK

The signature is highly suspect....shitty picture....maybe on purpose...or maybe just to get it on ebay asap.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

TOTALLY saw Explorer but didn't know it was him... but, I got my signed copy!! It was an AWESOME charity event!!

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this evening:

First and foremost, this event cost me $40. Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. I spent $200 for VIP at the previous Mark Twain House event and was naive to expect tonight's event to run as smoothly.

Entrance to the event was odd as some people were swiping CUNY ID cards to enter the turnstiles, others were walking around them. Just total disorganization. The line to enter the theater moved quickly and a pamphlet containing event info. served as your redemption certificate for 1 copy of Dr. Sleep. The event started approx. 20 min late, as previously mentioned. Owen and King collectively spent about one hour reading us a total of 4 passages from their respective books. Conversation between Owen and King was highly enjoyable but extremely brief, less than ten minutes. The Q&A consisted of two pre-selected audience questions handed to Owen via a stage hand.

Silly to advertise an event as "a conversation" when that wasn't the case.

Total cluster eff leaving the theater to the book piles, where crew took your pamphlet and handed you a *random* book from the pile. I don't doubt accounts mentioned earlier of signed books being removed by crew. On line to get my book, I observed a ticket-holder flipping open book covers on the pile to seek out a signed copy, which the crew should have prevented.

Out of my three friends, one pulled a signed.

The fact that these books are already on ebay for $500+ literally makes me sick. I'm truthfully not upset over not getting a book, but the total lack or organization and format of the event left a bad taste in my mouth.

Kudos to Mark Twain House last month.

(Please don't think I'm not grateful I went. Hearing King and Owen converse was warming to my soul)

End rant.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    TOTALLY saw Explorer but didn't know it was him... but, I got my signed copy!! It was an AWESOME charity event!!
    Sorry I missed meeting you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast