Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2014 Call For Submissions

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default In Mint Condition: 2014 Call For Submissions

Hello, I haven't heard from too many people outside of Calvin's Corner, which is surprising, so I wanted to make 100% sure you guys know about In Mint Condition: 2014.

Ambannon Books, in connection with TheDarkTower.org, is proud to announce In Mint Condition: 2014. The In Mint Condition series is an open-genre collection of short fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry exclusively from the members of TheDarkTower.org, with each entry including one accompanying art piece (more to come about artists later). There will be a Trade Paperback Edition, and there will also be a Signed, Limited Hardcover Edition with different dustjacket artwork and interior design than the Trade Paperback Edition. The Hardcover Edition will also be numbered, signed by the editor, and limited to a print run of 100 copies only.

This is an official Call For Submissions. We here at Ambannon Books are looking for talented authors both new and established alike to come together and help us create something wonderful. We would like the anthology to include all types of writing styles. We would like a short fiction story about werewolf babies on page three, and then on page eighty-seven, we want to read a creative nonfiction essay about the time you and your significant other got lost in the woods and somehow came across a psychotic man that thought he was Bigfoot. I personally would like to read a poem describing the lives of suicidal aliens. Maybe that’s just me though. Essentially, there are no guidelines. You may write on any topic, although topics considered highly highly highly offensive may not be allowed publication. The length is also up to the writer. Keep in mind, however, that a short story should not be a novel, nor should a short story be too small that there isn't much of a story.

All works submitted to In Mint Condition: 2014 must be original and previously unpublished. Additionally, authors must notify us immediately if their work is being published elsewhere before this anthology is completed. You may submit multiple works. Each submission must be saved as its own document.

Submissions: Please send your submissions and/or any questions/comments to shannon@ambannonbooks.com. All submissions must be formatted as a Microsoft Word document. We are not accepting artwork submissions at this point.

Notification: After we have read your written work, we will decide whether or not to include that work in In Mint Condition: 2014. Once our final Table of Contents is decided, we will personally notify everyone that submitted something as to our decision. For written works, those works that are accepted for inclusion may undergo a recommended editing and revision process between the author and the editors. We will not change your work ourselves, but revisions/edits may be requested. If an agreement between the author and the editorial staff cannot be made on the potential revisions it might affect inclusion.

Compensation: If your written work is included in In Mint Condition: 2014, we will send you one (1) copy of the Hardcover Edition as our personal thank you. A percentage (to be determined later) of the profit from the Hardcover Edition will be donated towards Stephen King's The Haven Foundation.

Due Date: All submissions will be due on Saturday, October 5th, 2013 Saturday, November 9th, 2013. Please do not submit a “rough draft,” only submit work that you feel is finished.

The staff of Ambannon Books and the editors here at In Mint Condition: 2014 are really looking forward to reading your work! Thank you!

Reasons Why Stories/Poems Got Rejected For In Mint Condition: 2013:
    • Too short.
    • Nothing interesting happened and/or we didn't care enough about the characters.
    • The story was based on something/anything to do with Stephen King/other authors.
    • Your poem wasn't understood/felt by any of the editors.
    • Extreme typos. We can handle typos and errors, but when it feels like you don't care, then we stop caring.

And for anyone who is not aware of the amazing Table of Contents for our first publication, In Mint Condition: 2013:

Table of Contents:

1. “Mr. Scratch’s Murder Circus” by Jeremy Gooch. Artwork by Erin Wells.
    2. “The Receptionist” by Bob Ireland. Artwork by Allen Koszowski.
    3. “The Train Graveyard” by Ariel Bosi. Artwork by Heather Armata
    4. “Seagrass Encounter” by David Swearingen. Artwork by Rachel Readman.
    5. “Brother” by Ryan Wood. Artwork by Dustin Amato.
    6. “A Place on Pine Island” by Matthew Biddle. Artwork by Terry Newsom.
    7. “Pumpkin” by Krystle-Dawn M. Willing. Artwork by Erik Wilson.
    8. “Excelsior!” by Jean Melkovsky. Artwork by Edward Ziniti.
    9. “My First Book” by Jeannine Bulsara. Artwork by Krystle-Dawn M. Willing.
    10. “The Rule of Three” by Thomas Cranham. Artwork by Jill Bauman.
    11. “You’re the Best” by Tim Martin. Artwork by Serhiy Krykun.
    12. “Darkness Rising” by Gabriel Ayala. Artwork by Vincent Chong.
    13. “Tabula Rasa” by Hannah O’Connor. Artwork by David Boehmke.
    14. “Right to Life” by Mike Ziniti. Artwork by Les Edwards.
    15. “On Monday, I ate my cat.” by Jerome Smith. Artwork by Alex McVey.
    16. “Marvin’s Retirement” by Ralph Mulleins. Artwork by Glenn Chadbourne.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Shannon

I hope many more of our talented writers and poets will participate this time!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck! Like Mr. Bears said I hope people take a shot at submitting for this.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've just come back from Lichfield - a small town in Staffordshire - and brought from there a story that I won't have the time to write before October 5, but which I hope to submit next time...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, give us a hint, bear!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know there are budding "novelists" and short story" writers out there dying to be published. Well, this is your chance!!! Submit a story!!! What is the worst that can happen? Someone says "no"? That's what you get from a major publisher anyway. At least, Shannon & Crew have a heart. Take a chance and avoid regrets!!!

You can't win it, if you're not in it!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to get my ass in gear and write the last 5 or 6 pages.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

While I'd like to submit...I fear...

Are you limiting DT poets to a poem about "suicidal aliens"?

I am more than that.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Do it. The worst that will happen is they will decline your poem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    While I'd like to submit...I fear...

Are you limiting DT poets to a poem about "suicidal aliens"?

I am more than that.

Country
    Country Flag

Jon, you must submit something.

Shannon: it's a horror story about a small, very old and sleepy, English town. I won't have the time to write it now, but I hope I will finish the one I've been writing for 2014. It only needs a couple more pages and some stuff to be added; I think I can do it between Sept 26 and Oct 5.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon, there are no limitations. But don't talk bad about suicidal aliens, they just might jump.

Jean, you can doooo it!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

It is so hard to choose just one to submit.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...need to start working on something STAT!!!

"Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Hmm...need to start working on something STAT!!!

Then log off and get busy!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It is so hard to choose just one to submit.
    submit several, and let the editors decide

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Good plan. With a few modifications I could turn "Power of Suggestion" into a horror poem. I have submitted it in it's original form.

Country
    Country Flag

Jon, it doesn't have to be horror! The only thing is that it must be what you haven't published or posted yet.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Got ya.

Country
    Country Flag

well, where is Jon again?!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I am here my friend. I am considering a fourth submission.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have seen many post/thread related submissions here over the years so, I would expect that, Shannon should have a veritable "plethora" of stories/poems to review!!! Why not take your chances? You did when you posted for the "public"!!! Get in there, folks!!! There may be a "star" among you!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

:!: Attention Please!!!

The deadline has been moved to Saturday, November 9th, 2013

I hope Shannon doesn't mind that I've edited his starter post here accordingly.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I see a few more member short stories have been completed!! Way to go, folks!!!

Anyone who needs a second opinion, it would be my honor.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Anyone who needs a second opinion, it would be my honor.

Does this look infected to you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast