Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Our Top 100 to Stay in History!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:rose: Our Top 100 to Stay in History!!!

Guys, attention please!!!

Cemetery Dance Publications (CD) has agreed to publish our final Top 100 Novels of All Time list in it's newsletter and website!

So voting in this thread and the threads that will soon follow, will actually be published to over 30,000 of their loyal customers.

CD is a small press publisher of authors such as Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, William Peter Blatty, etc and has done numerous "Limited Editions" for these authors. Brian Freeman, V.P. at CD is a member here and visits the threads often. He has graciously agreed to do this for us!!!

So, vote now! There's still some time for nominating and seconding (which in this round counts as voting). Your voice will be heard!!

ETA: The nominations are now closed, but the voting started in Dutch Hill!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!!! Kudo's to CD for doing this for the site!!! Jean, you rock!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

CD rocks!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Jean, you rock!!!
    generally speaking, I do, but I can't take the praise for this particular event, it was a very dear and modest friend of mine who took care of the whole thing.

if the mods of this section are around... the title should be "Remain", not "Stay", in History. I typed it when under the influence, and quite forgot I couldn't moderate this section.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever, you did a wonderful thing here, IMHO!!! This will go down for "posterity's" sake and perhaps, be remembered!!! Brilliant, my friend!!!

Awesome effort!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

:!: Something to Look Forward

As soon as we complete the nominations and get them down to 100...

...and right before we start voting on the order of the 100 novels...

...something else is going to take place!

Stay in touch, everyone, awesome things will happen along the way!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    CD rocks!
    I agree, so come and help out!! The site's reputation is riding on this!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...me-NOMINATIONS!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously, we need "all hands on deck" for this competition. CD has agreed to "publish" the results and we now have a responsibility!! The site' reputation is on the line!!! Get out and vote!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

That might be a little too much pressure. I'm sure anonymous didn't want to put us on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    if the mods of this section are around... the title should be "Remain", not "Stay", in History. I typed it when under the influence, and quite forgot I couldn't moderate this section.
    Hm. I guess that sounds nice.

Should be pretty cool.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

ROCK AND ROLLLL!!!!!

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe we should make it Dutch Hill's 100 Greatest Novels of All Time and as an inset also show thedarktower.org's 20 greatest suspense novels. To promote the site as a place where fans of mystery and weird tales congregate, yet also show that special interest doesn't limit who we are. Just an idea.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Maybe we should make it Dutch Hill's 100 Greatest Novels of All Time and as an inset also show thedarktower.org's 20 greatest suspense novels. To promote the site as a place where fans of mystery and weird tales congregate, yet also show that special interest doesn't limit who we are. Just an idea.
    Good thought.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

OR... perhaps the inset I suggested should be thedarktower.org's 20 greatest suspense stories. That would allow better representation of Poe and Lovecraft, and we'd get to show how we rank the best SK shorts among them alongside ranking his best novels in context of world literature.

Country
    Country Flag

while talking about the future, please do not forget about the present! nominations/secondings will be on for only a little more than a week!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I am curious to see the outcome.

Country
    Country Flag

I wish you nominated and voted more actively

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My book reading is quite "low brow."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good thought.
    OR... perhaps the inset I suggested should be thedarktower.org's 20 greatest suspense stories. That would allow better representation of Poe and Lovecraft, and we'd get to show how we rank the best SK shorts among them alongside ranking his best novels in context of world literature.
    OR, perhaps we should just be happy that....

A) the guy who came up with this idea followed through on it with limited "official help".
    B) also, is responsible for the tabulating and correlation of the info obtained.
    C) That said "publisher" has even agreed to make the list a "public Internet record"

And then just be thankful that our collective opinion will be shared for the sake of "Internet/Publishing Posterity"??????

What do you think, folks? JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Yes!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

responsible for the tabulating and correlation of the info obtained
    Well, it shouldn't be surprising that you're impressed by that, since your own recollective powers are so dismal.
    OK, now, Mike (pathoftheturtle) has come up with this great idea: we must make our own list.
    As for myself, if I wanted to reorganize that thread, it would take a matter of hours.
    I wanted to organize a library of fiction, that would take a matter of days.
    If I wanted to get myself (gasp) published in a (omg) "real magazine," that would take me weeks.
    Oh, but I guess I should at least be grateful for this little website: if I wanted to set up a server and get myself a domain, that would take months.

So here's an idea: how about you just spare me your sermons, you jackass?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it shouldn't be surprising that you're impressed by that, since your own recollective powers are so dismal.
    OK, now, Mike (pathoftheturtle) has come up with this great idea: we must make our own list.
    As for myself, if I wanted to reorganize that thread, it would take a matter of hours.
    If I wanted to get myself (gasp) published in a (omg) "real magazine," that would take me weeks.
    Oh, but I guess I should at least be grateful for this little website: if I wanted to set up a server and get myself a domain, that would take months.

I have to applaud you. I just didn't think it was possible for a person like you to be an even bigger ass than you already are. Way to exceed my and everyone else' expectations.

The real problem in your post are the words "Could" and "would". You make rather impressive claims, but to date you have "done" nothing. I actually feel very sorry for you.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My guess is that actually "Doing" any of the above is really past your level to actually accomplish. You really are a sad, little man.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

guys, is there still any way for you to end this peacefully? if you can't end your feud and accept that you're both good people and fundamental for this site, can you at least ignore each other?

Bill, I really don't think you had to get that personal.
    Mike, I totally fail to see your point unless it is to antagonize everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast