Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Book collection: RC65

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Love all of those. That's quite a signature of Bentley Little.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Definitely big and bold.

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Richard Matheson rocks.
    Signed/numbered HC w/ aftermarket slipcase:

Tony Richards, THE UNIVERSAL AND OTHER TERRORS, Renaissance Books, signed/numbered HC:
    That slipcase is really nice! And I've never heard of Tony Richards or that book, but I want it just because of the cover. That is great!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Was the JOYLAND slipcase from The Collector? I missed that one.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Yes, it was...glad to have it. :-)

This morning's batch:

This Vol. II joins my Vol. I:

Having #1 is always fun:

A few odds and ends:

Hey -- a King-related item!

I also have the aftermarket slipcase for this one, but it isn't shown here:

This one has a pretty cool back jacket cover:

Trade HC:

Signed/limited HC:

I'll end with some more Centipede goodness, both by Gresham (matching numbers, I think):

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

More cool adds! Seems like you know your crime fiction well enough, how is Lawrence Block? And where to start with his work?

I enjoy Block a great deal. I'm not much of a series guy, so prefer his standalones, and have read just about all of them. That said, I do love his Keller series (HIT MAN, HIT LIST, etc.) as I'm a fan of both hitman and antihero protagonists, so that series hits all the right buttons. If you want to sample his standalones, several of his early Hard Case Crime reprints are the place to start (plus they're easy to find), namely GRIFTER'S GAME and THE GIRL WITH THE LONG GREEN HEART...those two are, IMO, the best of his HCC reprints. His short stories are outstanding as well -- ENOUGH ROPE is a massive collection of 84 stories and and is excellent.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoy Block a great deal. I'm not much of a series guy, so prefer his standalones, and have read just about all of them. That said, I do love his Keller series (HIT MAN, HIT LIST, etc.) as I'm a fan of both hitman and antihero protagonists, so that series hits all the right buttons. If you want to sample his standalones, several of his early Hard Case Crime reprints are the place to start (plus they're easy to find), namely GRIFTER'S GAME and THE GIRL WITH THE LONG GREEN HEART...those two are, IMO, the best of his HCC reprints. His short stories are outstanding as well -- ENOUGH ROPE is a massive collection of 84 stories and and is excellent.
    Cool! Thanks for the write-up RC!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the new books!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like you can still order these for $32.95 from The collector.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great new books! Congratulations on the Michael Marshall Smith number 1!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love your books.
    Now I'm trying to hunt down the Bradbury/SubPress edition!

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cordial Jim View Post
    Wow. I really, really want those Jim Thompson and Bradbury books! I'm so jealous!
    Don't know if you caught it, but at the start of this list -- on page 2 -- I show my recently acquired copy of Bradbury's DARK CARNIVAL...that was a bit of a minor Holy Grail for me...very excited to finally have that one!
    I did see that. Congrats man! I'd give my left pinkie for that book... and that Matheson... and that Lansdale!

Thanks, everyone. Will have more on Monday.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I loved RED DRAGON, couldn't put it down. That'll teach me to mess with crazy glue when I'm reading a book. I also like that Simak, he's one of the few authors I've met, he signed an Ace paperback 4th printing of CITY for me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved RED DRAGON, couldn't put it down. That'll teach me to mess with crazy glue when I'm reading a book.
    This cracked me up.

More Centipede goodness:

...and lastly (for today):

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those look great. Congrats.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! That Centipede edition of The Dark by James Herbert is one of my favourites!

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Congratulations! That Centipede edition of The Dark by James Herbert is one of my favourites!
    I also have Centipede's editions of THE FOG and '48 -- and am awaiting delivery of THE RATS trilogy. Good stuff.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I also have Centipede's editions of THE FOG and '48 -- and am awaiting delivery of THE RATS trilogy. Good stuff.
    I am a big James Herbert fan and have all his books in one form or another. I have yet to get around to getting his Centipede limiteds. Too many other books to buy.
    Congratulations on all the new additions especially Shadowland and The Dark!

I really like Herbert's early works, that ones King says contain "raw urgency," but from about '85's MOON , I fell away from him (with the exception of '48 ) as his style grew far less raw and urgent and, instead, rather overly polished and surprisingly sedate.

Thanks for the congrats, everyone.

More on tap tomorrow...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Killer stuff! Impossible Monsters looks like a cool anthology. And yes the Herbert CP editions are fantastic, especially The Dark and The Fog.

John Fowles' THE COLLECTOR:

Ira Levin's ROSEMARY'S BABY:

Signed HC:

Won in CD's promotional contest:

Some noir paperback-original (pbo) goodness, several of these signed:

A couple PS Pub. HCs:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast