Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book collection: RC65

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, VERY VERY NICE NEW BOOKS !!!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Matching #d set of the Jim Thompson books by Centipede Press:

A couple of Bradbury limiteds:

A great read:

Some dapper yet macabre mystery stories:

A sci-fi classic:

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice additions! I remember reading Flowers for Algernon in high school. I also grabbed the Jim Thompson set, not matching unfortunately.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Yeah, ALGERNON is a sentimental favorite of mine. I re-read it upon getting this new edition, and appreciated the subtext of the book a lot more than I did when I was a kid back in school.

I hope this first set of Thompson book is the first set of several to come; my understanding is that it is, contingent, of course, upon how this first set sold. As I recall, it seemed to sell out fairly quickly.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love all the Bradburys!

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the Centipede Press stuff, their releases always look so nice. btw is Bad Bratwurst any good? I was debating grabbing a copy. I like that they come with the butcher stickers.

I haven't read the Strand chapbook yet, so am afraid I can't say...but knowing Strand, it's almost certainly a good one.

All signed w/ matching number:

Some King stuff (finally):

More Centipede...you can never have too much Centipede:

...and an anthology from CD:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW... Those are sharp looking man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

More cool adds! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    More cool adds! Congrats!
    Yeah, though these go back a few months, because:

Quote Originally Posted by RC65
    Over the next few weeks, I'm going to upload a number of recent prides and joys every day. Some of these purchases may have been done within the last week, some perhaps as old as a couple years ago. The only thing that most of the pictures will have in common is that few are related to Stephen King...so if that's your sole interest, you probably won't find much of interest here.

But since I have a repository of such images, I thought it might be nice to share some of them.
    ...so stayed turned for tomorrow's batch.

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

awesome!! That Werewolf of Paris cover is beautiful! Cant wait to see what you post next!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, those are some beautiful books! Love the Centipede Press titles!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All good ones but I love the Werewolf of Paris
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I really, really want those Jim Thompson and Bradbury books! I'm so jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    All good ones but I love the Werewolf of Paris
    Interestingly (and disappointingly), the cover is not textured as it appears...it's just a flat image. Still a great book and a great production, but it was a bit of a letdown when I received it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordial Jim View Post
    Wow. I really, really want those Jim Thompson and Bradbury books! I'm so jealous!
    Don't know if you caught it, but at the start of this list -- on page 2 -- I show my recently acquired copy of Bradbury's DARK CARNIVAL...that was a bit of a minor Holy Grail for me...very excited to finally have that one!

No sig pages shown, but both are signed and numbered HCs:

Both signed and numbered:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

more nice adds. I'd been considering about adding Hot in December to my collection, have you read it yet?

more nice adds. I'd been considering about adding Hot in December to my collection, have you read it yet?
    I have. Having read just about everything Lansdale's written, I would categorize this among his lesser works...relatively predictable and slight, it's not particularly original and is missing that richness of character that his better works have.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I have. Having read just about everything Lansdale's written, I would categorize this among his lesser works...relatively predictable and slight, it's not particularly original and is missing that richness of character that his better works have.
    Well that's unfortunate...
    Was just hoping for a good fun crime novel. Thanks for the input though, guess I'll skip it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Richard Matheson rocks.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Richard Matheson rocks.
    Indeed he does.

Okay, this morning's batch:

Signed/numbered HC w/ aftermarket slipcase:

More signed/numbered HC Centipede goodness:

Both signed/limited HCs:

Tony Richards, THE UNIVERSAL AND OTHER TERRORS, Renaissance Books, signed/numbered HC:

Signed trade HC:

Even more Centipede signed/#d goodness: John Farris' DRAGONFLY:

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome stuff, keep em' coming!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man... this is NON STOP! Love it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast