Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Book collection: RC65

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

The collection and book cases are beautiful.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely brilliant layout you have there mate - envious as all heck with your layout (and the books, of course, let's never, ever, forget the books)
    We all float down here!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Thanks, everyone. I still have plans to do some close-ups...all shelves might be more ambitious than realistic, but at least some select choice shots. Stay tuned.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Great looking bookcases - and great looking books! Very nice display
    100% what she said
    Very Nice RC65

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Groomp will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

beautiful!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Stunning!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Resurrecting this collection thread for grins and giggles.

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to upload a number of recent prides and joys every day. Some of these purchases may have been done within the last week, some perhaps as old as a couple years ago. The only thing that most of the pictures will have in common is that few are related to Stephen King...so if that's your sole interest, you probably won't find much of interest here.

But since I have a repository of such images, I thought it might be nice to share some of them.

Here are the first of the bunch:

A MOUNTAIN WALKED anthology, Centipede Press:

Centipede Press titles: Michael McDowell's BLACKWATER saga in slipbox and LOGAN'S RUN:

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice additions. Love me some CP books, obviously you do too!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice books. I was going to order that chapbook from WNP but passed. Great to see a photo of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Very nice additions. Love me some CP books, obviously you do too!
    I do indeed. Photos of more Centipede titles to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Nice books. I was going to order that chapbook from WNP but passed. Great to see a photo of it.
    I love the work of both Strand and WNP, so ordered this one as soon as it went live on Monday.

I don't order a lot of chapbooks -- though I do enjoy the form -- but I do order them from time to time. Here's another recent signed/numbered chapbook:

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! Another Jeff Strand fan!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for posting on your page...Jeff is a good guy and so is his wife. Excellent people.

[IMG][/IMG]

Jeffs the skinny guy.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I love the work of both Strand and WNP, so ordered this one as soon as it went live on Monday.

I don't order a lot of chapbooks -- though I do enjoy the form -- but I do order them from time to time. Here's another recent signed/numbered chapbook:

Very cool! I'm a Strantzas fan. A highly overlooked author/poet.

Agreed; I have all of Strantzas' collections. Richard Gavin, Simon Bestwick, and Simon Unsworth are a few other great UK (though one or more may be Canadian) authors of similar style.

Speaking of chapbooks: I have Nathan Ballingrud's THE VISIBLE FILTH on order...apparently my copy got lost in the mail, so am awaiting my replacement copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Keep em coming! I love looking at different books and learning about authors I haven't heard of/read yet. I learn so much off of these boards!

No apologies necessary, Ben -- great to see another Strand fan. I agree: good guy. I've had the pleasure of speaking with him several time on-line, and he comes across very friendly and affable.

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan J View Post
    Keep em coming! I love looking at different books and learning about authors I haven't heard of/read yet. I learn so much off of these boards!
    Okay, I'll toss on a few more for today. I'll continue on with more pics over the next few weeks.

1st ed. HC of the book that was the basis for the movie Willard. Along with NIGHT SHIFT, Willard was a seminal piece of entertainment in my development as a horror fan:

Two signed/numbered HCs from PS Pub.:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Strand is a cool dude, I follow him on twitter. Funny guy.

Not familiar with the other authors named, other than Gavin though I have yet to explore his work. I think Simon's a Canuck though.

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Okay, I'll toss on a few more for today. I'll continue on with more pics over the next few weeks.

1st ed. HC of the book that was the basis for the movie Willard. Along with NIGHT SHIFT, Willard was a seminal piece of entertainment in my development as a horror fan:

and that is exactly what I'm talking about! I never knew that Willard was based on a book. I'm gonna have to find a copy of that and read it.

[QUOTE=Meagan J;920633][QUOTE=RC65;920443]

. . . and that is exactly what I'm talking about! I never knew that Willard was based on a book. I'm gonna have to find a copy of that and read it.
    Then here's another one you may appreciate:

A NF/NF 1st edition/printing hardcover of a rather obscure favorite of mine: Harry Kressing's THE COOK. Kressing (a pseudonym) was doing Bentley Little before Bentley Little was doing Bentley Little. Imagine one of Little's horror satires set in a fable'ized Downton Abbey setting, and imagine it's one of his very best works, and you have some small idea of the imaginative power and magic of this novel. Regrettably this cult-classic masterpiece is the only such novel he wrote; a second novel, MARRIED LIVES, was released, but it's better forgotten.

For those wanting more info on it, you can find write-ups here:

http://prettysinister.blogspot.com/2...-kressing.html

and

http://neglectedbooks.com/?p=2077

and

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/di...pick_1297.html

and

http://chiseler.org/post/8618010180/grilled-to-a-turn

and

http://wwwbillblog.blogspot.com/2011...great.html?m=1

and etc. Well worth keeping an eye out...paperback copies pop up every now and then for $30 or $40. I can't recommend a book higher.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

A whole lotta' nice books there!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    A whole lotta' nice books there!
    Thanks -- here're some more!

Signed, matching-number set:

All signed/numbered:

Trade HC (Sub Press):

Trade HCs (PS Pub.):

Signed/numbered HC, final book of trilogy (PS Pub.):

Trade HC, but with a small bonus:

...it's from Vance's estate, and is signed by his son:

A feel-good apocalyptic novel...believe it or not. Signed/numbered special edition:

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice additions. Congratulations.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I would buy A Mountain Walked and Masters of the Weird Tale for the cover art alone. Very nice!

The rest looks great too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast