Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collections: Zaius

Hybrid View

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collections: Zaius

I thought that I would throw my books in the ring. Not as impressive a collection as some others, but some that deserve recognition. Pics to follow soon. I will probably post them slowly. Bare with me - it's all new!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to seeing them!

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah me too!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Still trying to get the size right. If this works, then what you see is my Main King Case

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not familiar with the auctions? Do Tell!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I'm not familiar with the auctions? Do Tell!
    Oh my Lord, you did not just ask me that did you????? OMG here I go!!! LOL LOL The "Haven Fund Whore" has found a new source!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Fundraiser

Every year, we have a fund raiser for the "Haven Fund", see the "Wall"....

http://www.thedarktower.org/

We raise funds for the benefit of Mr. King's charity utilizing ebay auctions and private donations to fund the cause. Typically, we come up with unique auction items that generally include the support of many artists to help out the cause. Last year, we surpassed the previous one by raising over $12K!!! The artist's do amazing things to HF donations to make them more collectible. Just ask, Bad Penny!!! He has quite a few. Many are "HF" specific and therefore not available to the public.

And the "Grand Prize" drawing typically includes a "personalized" King signature in a book!!! Last year's winner was "Cit74"!!!

You're gonna love it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops! You will have to be OK with remarques from my Full Dark, No Stars. This one took a while to amass because it had to got to so many different artists, with vary schedule commitments. In the end Vinny Chong, Glenn Chadbourne, Jill Bauman, and Alan M. Clark were all very generous to work with. As a side note I tried to get the fifth artist involved with this book, Tomislav Tikulin, but I became hesitant about shipping the book to Croatia. He had agreed to do it but the shipping was very confusing and expensive. I may still try. Anyone out there work with Tomislav in Croatia. I would love to hear how you did it and how it turned out. In the meantime, enjoy 4/5 of my Full Dark, No Stars.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, so that one worked. What follows are photos from my Donald Grant signed limited edition of Desperation. I am posting this first because I had so much fun working with Don Maitz on the color remarque, and because this is the one that got me hooked on remarques. He allowed me to pick one of my favorite scenes from the book and then we exchanged some ideas. He is so professional, and is a joy to work with. I will be posting some work he did in my copy of The Talisman next. I have posted the color remarque in the book and the original sketch he did beforehand. I anyone is interested in purchasing the original sketch please contact me.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is one remarque sure to get some talk going. I know there has been some debate on another chat about whether or not there is a any value, or devalue to having an artist remarque a book, especially, as in this case, the artist had nothing to do with the original book. In this case I had become bored with my limited edition of Cujo - let's face it, it's not a great looking book. So, I decided to get Glenn Chadbourne to do his magic on it. Controversial? What to you think the has happened to the value of this one? Open for debate!!! Keep in mind, there is no debate on the quality of the remarque itself.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Gang,
    Thanks for being so welcoming. I got another treat to put up tomorrow with my remarqued Blockade Billy!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful!

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. Wonderful start to the thread.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great to see you here on the forum posting your goodies at long last mate
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No need to apologize. I knew when I did this particular remarque I was doing it for myself - this is one of the only limiteds with no art. As I said, I had lost my love of Cujo, or vice-versa. You are correct in that as long as I love it, and I do very much, then all is well. You can tell I love it because I still own it.

On a side note, I have something really special from the remarque world I have been working on for months. Going to be one-of-a-kind stuff! If I play my cards right I may have two (one for me and one to sell). You won't believe it!!! Don't bother asking me anything about it because I don' t want to jinx it! How is that for a teaser?

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On a side note, I have something really special from the remarque world I have been working on for months. Going to be one-of-a-kind stuff! If I play my cards right I may have two (one for me and one to sell). You won't believe it!!! Don't bother asking me anything about it because I don' t want to jinx it! How is that for a teaser?
    Awesome Greg, nothing I enjoy more than a good remarqueing !!!! Mate, I'll look forward to seeing the results of your project in the near future (we know where you live, so there's no hiding )
    We all float down here!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay, a new collection thread! Welcome, and great start!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome looking case. Some great editions in your collection!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great start for a new collection thread.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Next up in Remarque-Land are ones that Vinny Chong did for me. I had seen a lot of his previous remarques for Stephen King Goes to the Movies and I had told him I wanted something that had not been done in the book. I suggested some of my favorite King movies and I turned him loose. The results are stunning! My personal favorite is the dual one - Misery and The Shining. Vinny also did some Joe Hill remarques for me and one in my Full Dark, No Stars that will go up soon. He is great to work with, but he is so busy that you have wait awhile (I waited almost a year) - but in the end he comes through. I can't wait to get my hands on the upcoming Doctor Sleep and The Shining. As always, enjoy!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I am sad to say that these are the last of my Stephen King related remarques. The limited edition of Blockade Billy is a real special one on a number of fronts. One: an overall superbly done book/case - great job Lonely Books! Two, with the lone exception of the checks in The Regulators limited edition (I have a fantastic check by the way!) the idea of a signed baseball card is brilliant, especially when displayed with my Stephen King bobble-head doll that were give out at a Lowell Spinners baseball game - I live only a half hour away! Artist, Alex McVey just went crazy in this one, putting remarries everywhere he could fit them, even on the blue boards. If you choose to comment, let me know if you would like me to keep showing my remarques (Joe Hill, The Exorcist, The Passage) or it you would like to see my Regulators (great check) and Bag of Bones (great story and inscription). My collection is at your disposal. As always, enjoy!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I am sad to say that these are the last of my Stephen King related remarques. The limited edition of Blockade Billy is a real special one on a number of fronts. One: an overall superbly done book/case - great job Lonely Books! Two, with the lone exception of the checks in The Regulators limited edition (I have a fantastic check by the way!) the idea of a signed baseball card is brilliant, especially when displayed with my Stephen King bobble-head doll that were give out at a Lowell Spinners baseball game - I live only a half hour away! Artist, Alex McVey just went crazy in this one, putting remarries everywhere he could fit them, even on the blue boards. If you choose to comment, let me know if you would like me to keep showing my remarques (Joe Hill, The Exorcist, The Passage) or it you would like to see my Regulators (great check) and Bag of Bones (great story and inscription). My collection is at your disposal. As always, enjoy!
    I think I can speak for almost everyone here that we'd like to see them all!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

DoctorZaius,
    Always nice to see a new collection thread.
    Very nice display.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

After a good morning of golf it's time to post more from my remarque collection. Today's gem is one of my favorites for a number of reasons. One: at 148 copies, this is so collectable. Second: I loved reading so much in it's serialized form; I was teaching a high school creative class and were all reading it monthly - we had so much fun reading/writing/speculating about it. Three: I loved that Bill kept to the serialized format with the six volumes. Four: well, the remarques by Mark Geyer are great, and he was gernous enough to do one in each volume. Five: perhaps my favorite aspect is Bill's very clever idea to allow people to send in their names and have their names printed as having walked the Green Mile - my name is on the pictured page! Luckily I survived!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast