Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marisha Pessl "Night Film"

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Default Marisha Pessl "Night Film"

I think this new book is worth looking into...def. has a King vibe to it, and it's very creepy, especially the first 300 or so pages.

I have a full review on Amazon, and check it out for more info - but the book was very good, and I don't throw around high praise that lightly!

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3272HY...cm_cr_rdp_perm

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like she will be doing a signing in the area on 9/4, may be I will check it out.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this book. I've got a copy coming to me soon. So far what I've seen reminds me a little of House of Leaves by Danielewski.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I took Rahfa's advice and bought an ARC on eBay. I am starting it today. I also bought a copy of her earlier book for later on.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Yes. I took Rahfa's advice and bought an ARC on eBay. I am starting it today. I also bought a copy of her earlier book for later on.
    Hope you like it!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

I just bought it too.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I am about 2/3 of the way through this book and liking it quite a bit.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

She had posters made for 6 of Cordova's films and wrote a few trailers and short films for the book as well.

Posters

Videos

Interview
    Mark Twain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

She will be in Philly so I'm going to try and make that event!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If I can clear my work schedule I may head to one of the Chicago area signings on Wednesday.

I have an ARC on the way to me, so it would be nice to get that signed.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't able to make the signing, but I did call ahead and order a signed copy.

Arc and signed 1st/1st:

I like her signature:
    Mark Twain

I really liked this book. I was able to get a copy from the event on the official publication day in NYC. The guy I got it from said he thought he was the only dealer getting copies for resale. Might be a tough one down the road for those of us who obsess over dated signatures.

The UK proof.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Based on all your comments, I just ordered a signed copy from a bookstore on her tour. Looking forward to reading this.

P.s. Congrats, Bob.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, her signing was cancelled in Philly. Poo!

Patrick, what store did you order from?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Ugh, her signing was cancelled in Philly. Poo!

Patrick, what store did you order from?
    Here are some listings I found:

http://www.iowabook.com/nifibymapesf.html
    http://www.strandbooks.com/product/n...ilm-140006788x
    http://poisonedpen.com/?STG=19386894...x=-1036&y=-185

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered from the store in San Francisco. The book arrived the other day. They ensured it was a first printing and they packed it well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I'm enjoying this book despite it moving so slowly.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I want to get a signed first edition of this but can't seem to pull the trigger.

This book is now out in paperback...I really liked it. You can read my Amazon review at the top.

Creepy, well-plotted, good use of images within the text. Unsettling in a good way.

+ Reply to Thread