Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Malazan Book of the Fallen

John F. Kennedy Dead Man is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Dead

Default Malazan Book of the Fallen

I just started reading this on a whim and because it is highly recommended. Anyone who has read this have an opinion? Preferable if spoilers are marked but I personally don't get too upset I tend to enjoy the journey even knowing a few twists.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man View Post
    I just started reading this on a whim and because it is highly recommended. Anyone who has read this have an opinion? Preferable if spoilers are marked but I personally don't get too upset I tend to enjoy the journey even knowing a few twists.
    Author and pics? Maybe a summary as well? Obviously I have not read it, but you have piqued my interest.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm always tempted to start reading the books but then I see the size of them and decide life is too short.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of the best fantasy series ever. Up there with Tolkien and (Stephen) Donaldson.
    Fortunately, SubPress is doing a great series of limiteds, of which I'm getting both numbered and lettered editions. They have a few copies left of the third book of the series.

Highly recommended!

sk

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Merlin, that's it. They only get bigger though.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Merlin, that's it. They only get bigger though.
    LOL I'm sort of "old school" and to me "Tolkien" is "Da Man" in this field. Also, back in the day, I read the living shit out of this genre. My son still complains that I can just not get behind GoT. So, I will give it a pass, but it does look very good.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I've tried reading this series a few times and just can't get into it for some reason. It has everything in a series that I normally enjoy, but it just falls flat somehow. I can't quite put my finger on it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the first four books and loved books 1 & 2. After that I thought it became kind of tedious but maybe I just became burnt out on the genre. The happens to me sometimes.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorites. Deadhouse Gates has one of my favorite storylines anywhere. And one of the best characters of the series is introduced in Midnight Tides. There is also three or four books by the co-creator Ian Esselmont which takes place in the same world but does not directly affect SE's series/
    In Digitized Remorse

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised that this series doesn't have more fans on a site full of avid readers.

I took the plunge during the lockdown and started the series and have just completed Gardens of the Moon. While the scope was pretty massive and somewhat hard to get my head around, I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading the rest of the series.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

+ Reply to Thread