Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : SystemCrashOverRide

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Some very very nice stuff here. Always great to see collections that are new to me.
    Thanks Mike! I frequent the forums in fits and starts, so I'm not surprised that my collection would be new to you, glad you like what you see.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice, Chase! What's the story behind the inscribed copy of FK?
    Yeah I was just gonna ask the same thing! VERY cool!
    I thought that was well known! But I suppose it's going back a few years now - That was the grand prize for the Haven Foundation raffle draw back in 2015, I got very very lucky.
    I probably forgot or it was early in 2015 before I was a member.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some other new additions:

And just yesterday I received both Ghost Boxes - thrilled with these, great presentation. If they make another next year, I will happily purchase it as well;

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Chase! Love seeing the Hill stuff.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I rarely update this thread, but there's a bunch of things I've picked up in the last year. Photos aren't great, I'm not really trying to showcase things so much as document them -

First up, my new barrister bookcase. It's a Prestonia, made here in Canada. I was forced to move some books around so here's part of my collection hastily populating the new bookcase, in no significant order.

Newest Signed King Book:

Another bookcase that's haphazardly populated with books. Clearly there's not enough space here, but I'm slowly working on adding an additional bookshelf. This is an issue I've had since I started collecting. One day I will have a proper library space.

Some Hill books;

More King and King related books:

That's all for now, until I get it into a better space and more organised.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very nice photos!
    Makes me (almost) want to take my Ghost Boxes out of the shrinkwrap.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice stuff
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Great new stuff.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SUPERNICE !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Loving all the Hill love! And the purple and sprayed edges.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Very nice photos!
    Makes me (almost) want to take my Ghost Boxes out of the shrinkwrap.
    Thank you! You've reminded me that I forgot to take photos of this years Ghost Box, which I was lucky enough to pick up. Sadly I missed out on the Special Edition, but C'est La Vie

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Very nice stuff
    Thank you very much for taking a look!

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Nice adds!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Great new stuff.
    Cheers Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    SUPERNICE !!!
    Thank you! I don't really have the money to purchase the crazy S/L's, original artwork, early proofs and the like - but it's nice to know that my meager collection is still worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Loving all the Hill love! And the purple and sprayed edges.
    Cheers man, I want to take a moment to thank StroppyGoblin for helping out the community and sending me the UK editions, I really appreciate that. Also a shout out to Becca for helping quickly sort out our shipping mishap.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some awesome new books there, Chase. Worth the wait!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Some awesome new books there, Chase. Worth the wait!
    Thank you very much!

Country
    Country Flag

A few fun editions to add to the collection. One came in the mail a few days ago and the others I picked up just today.

Starting with the mail item, I received my copy of Revival by Letterpress Publications. Very pleased with this.

And then for today's items. These were all in a cheap Ikea frame when I purchased then - that I've already disposed of. I've order a few replacement simple black frames and these will soon be on display in my bookshelves:

"Copyright 2002 Ronda Sheel" is hand written on the back, this is a 4x6 photograph, presumably from a Rock Bottom Remainders show?

This is also a 4x6 photograph, with a postcard backing applied to stiffen it and presumably to convert it to an easily mailed postcard.

This 4x6 also has the postcard backing applied, with "The Stanley Hotel, Estess park CO" written on the rear.

And lastly, the reason I picked these up in the first place:

I wasn't familiar with these hand signed cards, but a quick google showed me some for sale online, so I suppose they're not all that rare? The woman I purchased these from said she wrote King hoping to get him to sign a book and this was sent back to her. Based on the text, it's clear this was mailed out by King in 2003, sometime after June 23rd but before the publication of the Wolves of the Calla.

If I remember, I'll post some updates once these are in their little frames.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice stuff indeed!
    I'm STILL waiting for my REVIVAL!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Big Congrats !!!

Country
    Country Flag

I got some additional details from the seller, apparently the three 4x6 photos turned postcards actually came from Betts Books. She said her boyfriend knew she was a fan and picked them up for her. They've been re-framed but I'm still waiting on an acrylic frame for the Signed card from King before I post the new photos.

I will say, the little postcards look much nicer in a simple little frame. They're pretty plain images on their own (I actually really like the Rock n' Roll King image), but look smart in a frame next to some books.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Nice adds! Rhonda Sheel was a good friend of mine that I sadly lost touch with. She was a King fan/Collector from the Denver area and an excellent photographer and artist. The one of King and the guitar was most definitely from a Rock Bottom Remainders concert, I believe from about 2001...might even be the same one I went to with Rhonda and sat in the front row!

The Stanley Hotel postcards were a series she did and I think sold them through Betts Books. She even had some where she played with the colors making it a blood red sky background and added matts to the pictures for framing and signed and numbered them if I'm not mistaken. I have some buried in a box somewhere. Very nice to see that these are still floating around...brings back some very fond memories of hanging out with and talking to Rhonda.
    ~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Nice adds! Rhonda Sheel was a good friend of mine that I sadly lost touch with. She was a King fan/Collector from the Denver area and an excellent photographer and artist. The one of King and the guitar was most definitely from a Rock Bottom Remainders concert, I believe from about 2001...might even be the same one I went to with Rhonda and sat in the front row!

The Stanley Hotel postcards were a series she did and I think sold them through Betts Books. She even had some where she played with the colors making it a blood red sky background and added matts to the pictures for framing and signed and numbered them if I'm not mistaken. I have some buried in a box somewhere. Very nice to see that these are still floating around...brings back some very fond memories of hanging out with and talking to Rhonda.
    I love the additional information! I found her old website, however it's no longer hosted - so I tried to look up old save states of the website to see if I could find out more information, sadly it looks like her website relies on Flash, so those cached pages wouldn't display anything and I couldn't dig up much at all.

I've reframed those images now, and I got a neat clear frame for the signed King card to showcase both sides. I'll try and post some photos later tonight.

Country
    Country Flag

Some quick photos now that everything has been framed;

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the case you choose for the postcard
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Love the case you choose for the postcard
    Thank you! I had initially intended to put it in a matching small black frame, but it was a half inch too big, so I had to find another solution. When I stumbled across that one, I thought it was a perfect way to showcase it!

Country
    Country Flag

Well I realize there's plenty of other smaller pieces I've added that never made it to the collection page. So here's a mix of more 'normal' books, nothing fancy but some are interesting.

"Halloween" Editions:

PS Publishing Anniversary edition, Just an AGE - not signed:

Gwendy's Magic Feather, Signed :

Some King "Library Edition" books:

19th Edition Guide to US First Editions of Stephen King:

With a fun number!

Some UK editions I didn't have (Not 1sts, not super nice - but they were almost free)

And a really odd edition of Christine I hadn't seen before stumbling on this copy:

Elevation 1sts :

There are probably more kicking about, but I think that's it for the moment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast