Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : SystemCrashOverRide

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Something wonderful came in the mail today. I can thank a certain Caretaker for taking care of me and my collection.

Lined up with some other pieces. It feels SO good to have the Grant line up.

Congratulations that is a nice view
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Traveler Jeffbx will become famous soon enough

Dang, that's a sweet collection. I'm going to have to get back to scouring the local sales... ebay just isn't what it used to be :-/

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffbx View Post
    Dang, that's a sweet collection. I'm going to have to get back to scouring the local sales... ebay just isn't what it used to be :-/
    You made it! Glad to see a fellow Redditor.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been stock piling a few new additions. Time to photo dump before Christmas hits. I've also discovered how to edit photo size, so it should be a little more reasonable from here on out.

First things first, It's ALWAYS nice to get mail Directly from King himself...

And you thought I meant Stephen. Shame on you. You know what they say about those that assume?

Signed on the package;

And the book:

I got something from the other son as well

Last edited by SystemCrashOverRide; 10-05-2023 at 08:51 PM.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Exciting! Congratulations! And you had me going there with the mail from King..

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice new additions. I like the Owen King book. Are you going to keep the signed packing?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Very nice new additions. I like the Owen King book. Are you going to keep the signed packing?
    Absolutely.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice new KING/HILL stuff !!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That shirt looks great on you!!!! LOL Merry Christmas!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool additions, I especially love the Owen King signed package.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Something wonderful came in the mail today. I can thank a certain Caretaker for taking care of me and my collection.

Your copy of Wastelands seems incredibly Black. I have seen a couple of others that look black as well. Mine and the majority of others I have seen for sale (including the image posted in the Catalog) is far more blue. Were there different variants for this or were the extra DJ's sold by Grant blacker?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's just the photograph and the lighting. Hopefully we don't have another DJ variant to deal with!

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely blue. Forgive me for sounding like a bit of an ass, but to me it's quite clearly blue next to the black of Wizard and Glass. Have you had your eyes tested recently?

Country
    Country Flag

Here's hoping I have some new additions tomorrow morning!

Country
    Country Flag

Trying me hand at remarque's, I've promoted it in my Haven art thread but I hope more people will see them here.

First remarque, soon to be auctioned; Dreamcatcher 1st/1st

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The "Don" approves!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Country
    Country Flag

Recent additions. I will be selling/trading the previous copies I have of these books as these new ones are all in better condition. Please feel free to make offers on my other copies of The Gunslinger,TDotT and Wastelands. Also, I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but for the sake of protecting the books and retaining value, should these be opened and brodarted, or left alone?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To each his own. I personally remove the shrink wrap the minute I own the book. I put them in Brodart covers and/or slipcases. Either way, nice additions!!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice additions Chase. My wastelands is still in shrink wrap 15+ years after I bought it.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new additions.... Many collectors will say to remove the shrinkwrap. It has been known to stick to the cover over the years and thereby damage it... I'm one of those guys who generally does not remove shrink wrap. I have lots of books with the plastic still on...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I almost always remove the shrink wrap. The only exceptions are some of the UK limiteds that have additional information on the shrink wrap. Those, I carefully slit the wrap so I can inspect the book.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I almost always remove the shrink wrap. The only exceptions are some of the UK limiteds that have additional information on the shrink wrap. Those, I carefully slit the wrap so I can inspect the book.

John
    I agree with, John. I used to leave the shrink intact and then I learned that the shrink can actually degrade the book over time to a degree. Now I always open and inspect them and then brodart the DJ. I also try to slipcase them whenever I can.

Hey, how's the next art piece coming along?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice new books Chase !!!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great. Congrats !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast