Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Book Collection : SystemCrashOverRide

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well my holy grail rolled in this week, and I've been meaning to update my thread to include it - so here we go!

A bit of context, Christine was the first King novel I ever read and this edition has been essentially at the top of my list since I discovered it. I was able to buy this through a fellow DarkTower.org member (Thank you!) - and through the help of another member, was able to source a new replacement dust jacket to complete it. It took a little doing, but I'm thrilled with the result.

A shout out to the seller who included a surprise audio book version of Christine and a kind note:

"Chase,

I hope you enjoy Christine. It was the first limited edition book I had ever purchased, but it is time 'she' found a new home!"

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

A hi-octane purchase!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yea. That's a good one alright. I love having it in my collection. A big congrats on getting something you really wanted.
    P.S If I remember correctly. Christine was the first King book I read as well in JR High. Paperback of course.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Thanks for posting the pictures of the illustrations in Christine. I have never seen them before. The ones with the skull look amazing!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BEAUTIFUL BOOK, big big congrats !!!

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shout out to BJF and Mindy over at Cemetery Dance for finding this tucked away somewhere.

Country
    Country Flag

Newest addition:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice pictures.
    How do you get them to come out in such a large format?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nice pictures.
    How do you get them to come out in such a large format?
    Are they still too large? I mostly browse this site on mobile so I never know how things are displaying on a desktop web browser.

I just take cellphone photos, which are inherently large > upload them to imgur > copy the url of the photos > use the image link tool and paste them in > adjust the size using [resizze="enter percent number"] img link here [/resizze]. There aren't two z's in resize, but if I type it normally then it's treated as an html tag and I can't show it to you as text.

I hope that helps. If you go back in this thread the process on resizing was explained by others.

No, they are NOT too large! I like the larger size because it shows more detail and seems to be a much sharper image.
    I also use imgur, so I must look up that resizing option.

Country
    Country Flag

Three and a half hours of driving later...

The "Doubleday Employee Book Sale" stamp gave me pause, and I'm sure there are some opinions on how it effects the value - but seeing as the stamp is direct from the publisher, I'm okay with it. Anyone else have a Doubleday book stamped like this?

I have a book stamped from the Doubleday Library but I can't remember which one it is!
    I think it's a King title though.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the cover art on Christine.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

More obscure weird books!

Nice!
    I think I spotted Waldo.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Is it just me, or is the gold outline on the cover misaligned?

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post

It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure looks crooked.

Country
    Country Flag

You're both correct. The title isn't properly aligned, the spine is bumped a bit on both the top and bottom as well. The seller also did not disclose that this was a rebound paperback edition (unlike the rebound trade edition I got from Amereon House previously) so it's smaller than expected. Just weird all around. I've requested a partial refund. I may order another from a different seller and hope it's in better condition.

Country
    Country Flag

Overdue additions:

The library wants them back!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Got my copies from the Simon the other day.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats !!!

Country
    Country Flag

First update in a few years, I've gone through a move and have begun the process of setting up my new library space. I don't have photos of it yet, but here are some additions to the collection that I've made but haven't shared since my last update.

Various editions of Fairy Tale, US 1st, US Limited, UK 1st, UK 1st Indie Bookstore and UK 1st "Collector's Edition"

Some of the spine variations:

Some More PS Publishing editions with slipcases:

Cujo

Needful Things

Slipcased Blockade Billy

The Long Walk - Centipede Press

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9