So I'm new to the world of more "serious" collecting. I've been a King fan for about a decade and over the years (like many, I'm sure) my collection began with soft covers and has shifted towards more serious collectors territory. The first King I read was a copy of Christine. I devoured it, and to this day it may be my favorite. I've read many better King novels, but it's nigh impossible to recapture the feeling you have as a young teenager being exposed to something you love for the very first time.

So the collection started with any and all copies I could find, specifically soft covers, I did not enjoy the feel of a bulky hard cover in my hands. My how things have changed. Once I had all of the regular print books, it started to look good on a shelf and I thought to myself..."You know, hard covers would probably look a lot nicer than all those beat up paperbacks". That was that, I made a full shift to hardcovers.

Then it was trying to get firsts. Now, it's trying to get gifts and S/L editions. Most of my hard covers aren't firsts yet, but I'm working on that, and I've lucked into some neat items over the years.

Got into Joe Hill fairly early, after he'd only published 20th Century Ghosts and Heart Shaped Box. Met him for a signing in Toronto, and then I got on the Owen King bandwagon more recently with his publication of Double Feature. I've chatted with him via twitter and even received mail from Owen on one occasion.

So without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give you my modest collection.

Over view of the book shelf. Yes, I know I should not stack them like this, I'm working on getting more space soon.

And onto the cooler stuff...

Second edition Grant Gunslinger (in rough shape, the original owner signed it and taped the dust jacket up around some tears):

My Bachman Soft Covers :

The infamous "$5 Rage" :

My only Stephen King Signature :

The Joe Hill Collection :