Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Top 100 Novels of All Time - General Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Thanks so much, Jean, for spearheading and arranging this. Only thing I'm sad about is all these great books with 0 or 1. You think we might do a bonus vote on these that did not advance? Everyone lives polls, after all

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

we can do any number of polls we like! only there are only 100 slots in the top 100...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of course. These would just be honorable mentions.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes! I think we'll do it.

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to vote for the below... if it's not too late.

11/22/63
    Foucault's Pendulum
    Giver, The
    Kite Runner, The
    Let the Right One In
    Room
    Tarzan of the Apes
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is too late!!! The nominations were closed five hours ago.

Now all you can do is vote for your favorites during the voting rounds! Any votes for Foucault's Pendulum will be especially appreciated by bears.

Country
    Country Flag

:!: Attention Please

the current polls in DH will be closed in 36 hours from now

if someone hasn't voted yet, please do!

Country
    Country Flag

Round 1-2 polls will be closed in about 18 hours

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Jean can you please explain how the voting is going to done. Are you doing separate rounds based on preliminary seconding? Or is each novel going to get the same chance?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

As I said in the first post, the rounds will be based on the preliminary secondings. That's why it was so important to second.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ah ok, sorry I missed that.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

The results of the voting on the positions 90 - 100

90. The Hobbit (21 votes)
    91. Something Wicked This Way Comes (18 )
    92. Watership Down (16)
    93. The Princess Bride (12)
    94-95.The Picture of Dorian Gray (11)
    94-95. White Fang (11)

96-97. American Psycho (9)
    96-97. The Last of the Mohicans (9)

98-99. Jaws (8 )
    98-99. The Karamazov Brothers (8 )

100. The Trial (7)

It means that, while The Hobbit is at position 90, The Trial at 100 etc, the highlighted novels have yet to compete.

The new polls are now in Dutch Hill (I mean, they will be there in a couple of minutes)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Ah ok, sorry I missed that.

Country
    Country Flag

The results for positions 90 - 100 posted here

new polls later tonight

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, all three tiebreakers were won by one vote.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, but it was expected - they were tied all the time

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great job so far, bears!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

the results of voting on positions 69 to 89:

69. The Time Machine, by H.G.Wells 18
    70. Jurassic Park, by Crichton 16
    71. The Island of Dr.Moreau, by H.G.Wells 14
    72-73. The Neverending Story, by Michael Ende 10
    72-73. Psycho, by Robert Bloch 10
    74-76. The Godfather, by Mario Puzo 9
    74-76. War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy 9
    74-76. The Turn of the Screw, by Henry James 9
    77-79. The Castle, by Kafka 7
    77-79. The Great Gatsby, by F.Scott Fitzgerald 7
    77-79. Tarzan of the Apes, by Burroughs 7
    80-82. The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown 6
    80-82. The Stranger, by Albert Camus 6
    80-82. The Sun Also Rises, by Hemingway 6
    83-84. East of Eden, by Steinbeck 5
    83-84. The Terror, by Dan Simmons 5
    85-87. Glass Bead Game, by Hermann Hesse 4
    85-87. Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen 4
    85-87. Ivanhoe, by Walter Scott 4
    88. Ender’s Game, by Orson Scott Card 3
    89. Strangers on a Train, by Highsmith 2

please vote in the new polls that will determine the positions of those who tied

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on it, fearless leader!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Had I come back in time for this, I would have attempted to nominate House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski.
    In Digitized Remorse

Country
    Country Flag

yes, that's the moral

always stick around!

Country
    Country Flag

As a result of the tiebreaker polls, some novels' position has been defined, but some tied. Decisive polls up in a few minutes.

69. The Time Machine, by H.G.Wells
    70. Jurassic Park, by Crichton
    71. The Island of Dr.Moreau, by H.G.Wells
    72. The Neverending Story, by Michael Ende
    73. Psycho, by Robert Bloch
    74. War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy
    75-76. The Godfather, by Mario Puzo
    75-76. The Turn of the Screw, by Henry James

77. The Great Gatsby, by F.Scott Fitzgerald
    78. The Castle, by Kafka
    79. Tarzan of the Apes, by Burroughs
    80. The Sun Also Rises, by Hemingway
    81. The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown
    82. The Stranger, by Albert Camus
    83. East of Eden, by Steinbeck
    84. The Terror, by Dan Simmons
    85. Glass Bead Game, by Hermann Hesse
    86-87. Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen
    86-87. Ivanhoe, by Walter Scott

88. Ender’s Game, by Orson Scott Card
    89. Strangers on a Train, by Highsmith

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Decisive polls up in a few minutes ?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast