+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Music Videos.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Id have to say one of the most striking ive seen is:

Faithless - I want more

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Vxh8Gbc5c"]YouTube - Faithless - I want more[/ame]
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    I have never heard of Elliott Smith. It's always cool to learn about a new musician though!
    Elliott died in 2003. He committed suicide unfortunately. He was indie but had some comercial success with "Miss Misery" a song that he wrote for the Goodwill Hunting soundtrack in 1995. He was nominated for an academy award for best original composition but lost to Celine Dion. If you like folk/indie/singer-songwriter/emo stuff you'll love him. Very passionate. I have no idea what you think of when someone uses "emo" but keep in mind this was fifteen-twenty years ago. Emo has become a really stupid fad in my opinion. It (Smith) was emotional, it was raw, it was beautiful. The video I mentioned is actually on U Tube. Check it out by all means. I love introducing people to Elliott. Let me know if you have any questions.

Do you like Iron and Wine? I always end up listening to Elliot Smith and Iron and Wine around the same time.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

The video Phil Collins and Genesis did for "illegal alien"-you might still be able to find it on YT.

"She's Got Issues"-the version starring Zoey Deschanel-by The Offspring.

The Fields of Athenry done by that awesome kid singer in Veronica Guerin.

The one where Sara Slean is in some stop-motion puppet fantasy.

Prodigy's Smack My Bitch Up.

That Crazy Bastard's Going To Hit Me, TMBG

Hard Rock Hallelujah, Lordi

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nobody can honestly say that they don't like Genesis.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Meh, it's an allright book. I've read better though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    *rim shot*

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    *rim shot*

I just couldn't help it.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Book? This is about music videos.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yeah! I know. I was just kidding.

If you rescue me

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

You callin' me a liar? I like Steve Hackett's guitar playing in the original incarnation of the band but that's where it ends for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Really? Well, I guess that everyone has a right to an opinion.

That's mighty diplomatic of you William.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice Dud-a-chum? is on a distinguished road Dud-a-chum?'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Disturbed (a band that I do not like) tried to re-make the song. Ruined it!

Dissagree completely with that, but okay. Dan Donegan is a fantastic guitar player; better than Genesis'.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dud-a-chum? is on a distinguished road Dud-a-chum?'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just some examples of why I love Tool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7fF1P3qwDE"]YouTube - Tool, Schism[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4"]YouTube - Tool, Parabola[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXBCdt5IPg"]YouTube - Tool, Vicarious[/ame]

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I was going to put Schism and Prison Sex on my list, but it was already a long list.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Beastie Boys - Gratitude

Remind you of anything Dad-a-chum?

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=q6UXqjYzrOI"]YouTube - Beastie Boys - Gratitude[/ame]

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Armand put The Hardest Button to Button on the previous page, I liked that and also Seven Nation Army because I loved the visuals - very basic but strong images.
    I also appreciate some of the more cheesy pop videos, like Gwen Stefani's What You Waiting For - I loved the Japanese pop culture element to it, and again the images and use of colour.

I'll just post this clip of Supergrass ~ Alright - British summertime anthem
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeaQStoNCno"]YouTube - Supergrass - alright[/ame]

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Beastie Boys - Gratitude

Remind you of anything Dad-a-chum?

YouTube - Beastie Boys - Gratitude

Haha! Hopefully it's their way of showing tribute, and not actually "mocking" or "making fun" of LIP

It's total loving tribute.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. 8)

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Armand put The Hardest Button to Button on the previous page, I liked that and also Seven Nation Army because I loved the visuals - very basic but strong images.
    I also appreciate some of the more cheesy pop videos, like Gwen Stefani's What You Waiting For - I loved the Japanese pop culture element to it, and again the images and use of colour.

I'll just post this clip of Supergrass ~ Alright - British summertime anthem
    YouTube - Supergrass - alright
    I bet you ninety-nine percent of the population over here doesn't realize what that band's name refers to, which might explain why it's never crossed over. I've heard good things about them though.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

They are great! They got more serious as they went on, their last album was excellent.

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

Default more from various

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4hFwJm41h4"]Where's Your Head At[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2asIbbS9aQ"]Gimmie Some Mo'[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZwZiU0kKs"]Weapon Of Choice[/ame]
    Everyone likes a little mystery.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5X7HKxpiQA"]Just[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzAJs7NutM"]Not really a music video per say....but I sure like it.[/ame]
    “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

good call on the "just" video armand. all these years and i'm still wondering what the hell he says at the end...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast