Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2014

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It should be interesting. I've always thought that good nonfiction reads like fiction.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed that. Thanks.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Well, the "short story" I started writing for the 2014 IMC has turned into something longer... I might still chop it down to size, but probably not in time for submissions.
    SO I need ideas for short stories.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a few ideas, but if I give them to you, I will have none....

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but you're retired, remember?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Well, the "short story" I started writing for the 2014 IMC has turned into something longer... I might still chop it down to size, but probably not in time for submissions.
    I think I am in the same fix! too long for this and it needs to be this long for effect. I'll try somethign else!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Krystle and Bob, how many words are your stories at the moment?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    I think I am in the same fix! too long for this and it needs to be this long for effect. I'll try somethign else!
    But, isn't, Shannon an EDITOR? Send the stories and let him and his team decide and/or EDIT!! No?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

All we do is suggest changes and corrections. I'm --of course-- open to helping people better their stories, but they should be sending me their finished versions, not drafts waiting to be "edited".

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Way too many for an anthology - this story has moved past novella and into Novel territory. I have another idea and am fleshing out a short story - hope to have it to you soon! :-)

Spoiler:

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm thinking I might be able to submit the first few chapters as a "short story" and then continue the story to be published later as a novella or novel... I'm just not sure if the 'ending' of the short story will be acceptable and don't want to condense the story just to fit. Arg!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have extended the due date for submissions to Saturday, November 9th, 2013.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The hell?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

There haven't as many submissions as last time for us to sort through and choose from. I'm even considering opening up the submissions to the world outside of TheDarkTower.org.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is not good news. Given how many submissions last time I would have thought you would have had more for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    There haven't as many submissions as last time for us to sort through and choose from. I'm even considering opening up the submissions to the world outside of TheDarkTower.org.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It is and it isn't. There are only so many authors in this community, and while I've received many submissions from new/future members this round, it's good to draw from a bigger pool. Some authors from the IMC2013 might only have had one good story/poem in them, others might feel that their working for other-than-monetary compensation limit is complied with. It's all good.

We had about 50-60 submissions for IMC2013, and we selected the best of the best, leaving 16 stories and poems. If IMC2014 only has 12 amazing short stories and poems, then that's what we'll go with. If we don't have at least 10 wonderful stories and poems, then we'll push the deadline back even more and promote the book more. One thing I will not do, is put out a publication that I'm not happy with, or that I'm "settling" for. Expect quality, every time.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I for one appreciate the extra time. I haven't written a story for over 30 years. My problem isn't having a story to tell, it's putting it down in a coherent and interesting form.

Well, it's that and procrastination.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I will definitely have a submission. I have finished the draft (about 6000 words) and am in the process of doing a rewrite, but I will definitely be submitting.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That is not good news. Given how many submissions last time I would have thought you would have had more for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Heaven Forbid!!! Get writing, my fellow TDT.Org' ers!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll submit - thanks for the extension. :-)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What artists do you want to see in In Mint Condition: 2014? Let me know! Number one on my personal list: Michael Whelan. I spoke with him in regards to In Mint Condition: 2013 and he was very excited about the project, but unfortunately he was --understandably-- too busy at the moment. I haven't gotten back in touch with him yet, but he is definitely on my list. Another artist I would love to work with is H.R. Giger. Unbelievably talented and unique.

If you have a favorite non-professional/non-"known" artist, let me know! Point me in his or her direction! For example, Sergiy Krykun was an artist that had done some work for foreign publishers before, but I had only come across his work on deviantART. And the illustration he did for IMC2013 is absolutely amazing. I can't wait for you all to see it.

Some of the artists from IMC2013 will be returning for the second volume. Not going to name names yet, just know that it will not be a complete artist rotation.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Darek Kocurek (he did the art for the site's banner, and for the dt.org t-shirts).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Darek Kocurek (he did the art for the site's banner, and for the dt.org t-shirts).
    Good call!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast