Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2014

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE all the artwork posted! Congratulations!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I, for one, would have waited to publish. I have no immediate intent to submit my story for publication elsewhere, so if it comes to pass that another project comes about, maybe my story will find its way into the table of contents. I would, however, LOVE to see any artwork that was produced for my story. It was called "A Mother's Love", and I don't even know who was illustrating it. But, if it was a member here, and they would be willing, I'd love to see it. You can pm it to me if you don't want to post it. Shannon, if you have it, I'd love to see it.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see the artwork for The Dollhouse Hypothesis... if possible

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Both emailed.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

mine (by Peter Deligdisch) is amazing

I can't believe it will never be seen in connection with my story. Or my story be read with that artwork.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My mother told me "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" and while I have been known to break that rule before, I will not here, but by the same token the "Move on" tone of this thread so far does not sit well with me, personally. The man has had an atom bomb explode in the midst of his family. Shouldn't we be more concerned about him and his well being than "Publishing" or "Art"? Just an oddball observation. I consider, Shannon my friend and I do worry about him and his daughter, Rose. Maybe just a little retrospect. I know we are just "Virtual Friends", but this community has always amazed me by it's closeness. Isn't there something more constructive we could be doing? Open to suggestions. And I am not throwing darts at anyone, just stating my "feelings" is all. I have been told I am wrong before and no doubt will again.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Bill,

I personally understood it that Shannon didn't want his personal tragedy discussed in public here. I can only speak for myself, but I believe many people will agree that our hearts go out to him and we are trying to use other means of communication to express our sympathy and support.

I also hope that you agree that the project was outstandingly good and Shannon is a superbly talented publisher and editor; thus, that you won't find anything tactless or disrespectful in expressing either sorrow about its termination, or hope for its revival.

P.S. If you can suggest anything constructive, just say; you know I am with you on whatever you may have in mind.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    My mother told me "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" and while I have been known to break that rule before, I will not here, but by the same token the "Move on" tone of this thread so far does not sit well with me, personally. The man has had an atom bomb explode in the midst of his family. Shouldn't we be more concerned about him and his well being than "Publishing" or "Art"? Just an oddball observation. I consider, Shannon my friend and I do worry about him and his daughter, Rose. Maybe just a little retrospect. I know we are just "Virtual Friends", but this community has always amazed me by it's closeness. Isn't there something more constructive we could be doing? Open to suggestions. And I am not throwing darts at anyone, just stating my "feelings" is all. I have been told I am wrong before and no doubt will again.
    Bill, I agree. I personally feel uncomfortable discussing the dissolution of his family, which is why I haven't mentioned it.

John

Traveler Ravenstone is on a distinguished road Ravenstone's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry to hear about Shannon's personal issues as well, and wish him all the best going forward. Perhaps someday this project will resurrect itself (in the best Steven King tradition), but until then, I hope Shannon does whatever he has to do to speed the healing process. I've been in his shoes, and understand what a huge shake-up this is.

Until then, I'd love to see the art for my story, "The Doom That Came to Roanoake," if it's available.

John

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My mother told me "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" and while I have been known to break that rule before, I will not here, but by the same token the "Move on" tone of this thread so far does not sit well with me, personally. The man has had an atom bomb explode in the midst of his family. Shouldn't we be more concerned about him and his well being than "Publishing" or "Art"?
    Bill, this is a thread to discuss the art and writing of a prospective (now cancelled) book. It's not a thread to discuss personal situations. I don't see any harm or callousness in continuing to discuss the project, or the individual elements thereof. If Shannon wants to start a thread on his personal situation, then he is free to do so in another section of the forums. Until then, I don't believe it is our place to turn a writing/art thread into anything else, no matter how badly we feel for Shannon's situation.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Love ya Merlin, but think you're a tad off on this one.
    I personally don't think wanting to show, wanting to see, or wanting to read the stories and art from this project diminishes anyone's feelings about Shannon... I'm pretty sure he realizes we all consider him a friend and valuable member of our community.

If anything, it demonstrates how he has been able to excite the community and prod us into a state of creativity that we otherwise might not have attempted.
    Don't really think expressing appreciation for the work people have done for this project (including Shannon) should be viewed as dis-courteous or unsympathetic. Shannon's a big boy and knows where he stands in our hearts.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Firstly, John ... I never received any work from Mr. Wilson for your story, sorry.

Secondly, for everyone else ... I appreciate the sentiment, but this is a thread for a book. As far as I'm concerned, my world isn't destroyed, I'm not depressed, everything is fine. It's more of a pain in the ass than anything else. Pettiness, frustration, money issues, moving, PACKING (uugghh!!!), in the middle of getting a car, so on and so on. Just a pain in the ass. But I'm fine, Rose is fine. We're going to be sharing custody of Rose so that's going to take some getting used to, but other than that, we're both good parents and Rose always comes first.

Anyway, that's about it for now, lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    But I'm fine, Rose is fine.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear you're OK, Shannon!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You all make some excellent points and it's great to hear that, Shannon is doing so well with the situation. I wasn't calling anyone out or anything. It was just a nagging feeling I had reading this thread and well I felt I had to get it off my chest. Carry on and nevermind me. Not the first time I was off base. I sure hope I didn't offend anyone. It surely was not my intention to do so. Maybe just to induce folks to stop and think, but I see there was no need for that.

FWIW some of that art is truly amazing. I especially like, Rachel's piece.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the artwork that was created for my piece. Absolutely haunting.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too. Need to get ahold of Darek and see if I can get rights to it for future use with my story; it's really perfect.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn.

A day late and a dollar short. Story of my life.

I came by here tonight to check on the status of the next book and to see if I could find any information about submitting stories for future books. I've been working on a story since April and I wasn't sure if I missed the deadline or not. I guess I can't miss what I never had.

I hope everything works out for Shannon personally and professionally. I wish the same for everybody who submitted their writings and artwork.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

. I especially like, Rachel's piece.
    *snicker*
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering if anyone has heard an update of when refunds for prepaid books might be issued?

I'm not too worried or expecting anything immediately, just wondering if there has been any news?

Thanks

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My plan is to refund everyone's money before the middle of next year. I will be able to start refunding money in a month or so.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My plan is to refund everyone's money before the middle of next year. I will be able to start refunding money in a month or so.
    Where are we on this?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have not refunded anything yet. As soon as I'm able, the plan is to do a little bit at a time, starting with any contributors that pre-purchased books. Then returning customers, then new customers, then my lifetime member, then Hannah, my editor.

Please keep in mind that I donated to this year's Haven Fundraiser with profit from a book that is no longer being made. Along with payments to two award-winning authors and an internal designer. I'm not using this as an excuse, just pointing things out.

The plan is still in motion to repay everyone back by the middle of next year. Everyone will be paid back.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have not refunded anything yet. As soon as I'm able, the plan is to do a little bit at a time, starting with any contributors that pre-purchased books. Then returning customers, then new customers, then my lifetime member, then Hannah, my editor.

Please keep in mind that I donated to this year's Haven Fundraiser with profit from a book that is no longer being made. Along with payments to two award-winning authors and an internal designer. I'm not using this as an excuse, just pointing things out.

The plan is still in motion to repay everyone back by the middle of next year. Everyone will be paid back.
    Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure everyone is looking forward to their refund.
    The donations you made were very generous. They were however your donations. Your donations are not the payments people sent you for future editions (IMC 2015). Those are separate issues.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No, of course not. What I'm saying is ... I donated funds from the profit of a book that is no longer being made. Therefore, I am even more in the red. Along with the other things I mentioned.

Everyone here knows what's going on with me, and I hate owing money to anyone, let alone fifty people. If you believe me to be fair, then great. If not, it doesn't matter because you're going to be proven wrong anyway.

This weekend was the first time in months I was able to pay most of my bills and fill up my car. I'm broke now, of course (negative seventeen dollars to be exact) but rose is taken care of, and I have enough food to eat once a day until the next time I get paid. And the next time I get money in, ill be a little ahead. And the time after that, even more so ahead. Things are finally looking up, and I can finally afford to start paying people back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast