Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2014

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there poetry in this one? Whats the breakdown? Stories vs. Poems.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Browning/Jean!

Glad to be involved in this book. By my count, there are 4 of the previous authors in the second book? Is that correct? I did not expect to be accepted this time. Thank you.
    I count six ... Hannah, David, Krystle, Jean, Jeremy, and Thomas. Just curious, as I don't know everyone's real name vs avatar name; how many of the 2014 authors are members of TDT? And who are they, so we can say congratulations!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I am Jeremy Gooch.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats everyone! and Happy New Year!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm David Swearingen, and thrilled to be a part of the second installation of In Mint Condition. I've only written two stories in my life and, well, I've surprised myself by both of them making the cut.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

There are six returning authors from the first edition. I can't mention who is or isn't a member of the website, as it's up to them to reveal themselves.

The breakdown is 0 poems and 18 short stories. The poems this year just didn't wow any of us, unfortunately. But maybe it's for the best. We'll see.

We received quite a lot of short stories and poems (not included in the 133 final submission count) that were already published online or in print, so that might be a reason for the nonexistent poem count as well.

And one more note, this should go without saying, but Hannah (our lovely assistant editor) wasn't allowed to vote on Aaron Max Jensen's or her own story due to conflict of interest, only Amber and I were, so ... there's that.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Well Tabula Rasa was in my top two for the last book, so I am sure Hannah's is superb.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you going to try to do one piece of art per story again?
    Sloth Love Chunk

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you going to try to do one piece of art per story again?
    Hope so, the art really added to the stories and made the book pop!

The breakdown is 0 poems and 18 short stories. The poems this year just didn't wow any of us, unfortunately. But maybe it's for the best. We'll see.
    You know, I've never been a fan of poems at all, so even though I submitted a quasi-poem (my rejected one) I can't say I'm disappointed that it will only be short stories. Love short stories!

There are six returning authors from the first edition. I can't mention who is or isn't a member of the website, as it's up to them to reveal themselves.
    Hope they do! I'm G. Howell White, "Slice" is mine.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Congrats to everyone! I had such a wonderful time reading all of the submissions. I feel lucky that I got to be a part of the process.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats everyone! I bailed out of submitting stories and artwork for both 2013 and 2014 but I'm definitely going to do something for the 2015 edition! Even if I'm not a native English speaker (and writer!)... Jean did it, so....

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well if Jean can do it ...

Yes, each story will be illustrated.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

And Ari of course!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations everyone.

I better get to writing if I want to be included next year!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to everyone, truly. Even though I wasn't a part of this one I brag to everyone I know that you guys were able to come together and pull this off. Can't wait to get my copy and experience the epicness for myself.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And now two things will be happening at once:

1) On the short story side: The editors and I will be working with the authors on proofreading and polishing their short stories.

and

2) On the artwork side: The artist search continues until we have eighteen total (twenty if two of our artists can't pull double duty with the covers), and we will be matching up stories with artists and they will start working their magic.

I guess it is time to start revealing the wonderful artists that have so graciously accepted to be a part of In Mint Condition: 2014. I have already revealed one, so here is a better look:

Artist Number One: Peter Deligdisch
    Website

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, I like that style of ink art ... I'm sure it's got a name, I don't know what it is, but I'd guess middle eastern pattern influences.

Hey Shannon, here's a question for you; do you plan on branching out to another form of publication such as a magazine (monthly, quarterly, whatever) where the artists and authors will be paid, or is the immediate plan to keep doing what you're doing with the annual anthologies?

If anthologies, any plan for a larger 'mainstream' distribution, such as Amazon (where putting it up as an e-book would not be a bad idea at all), Barnes & Noble, etc? Let's face it, every one of us aspiring writers want our stories to reach as many people as possible so that we get more interest, more readers, and eventually 'the call'. We want to go international, baby! (that should be done in a Dick Vitale voice, by the way)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the detailed style of it. VERY interested to see what he will do with an actual subject matter. Excited.

I'm not at liberty to go into our plans too soon, but let's just say that a magazine is out of the question for the moment. Too many moving parts going all the time for just one guy. One day, I'd love to, Just not today. 2014 will be a year full of surprises from Ambannon Books.

All of our books will be available on amazon.com. IMC2013 will be there soon. IMC2013 has "gone international" and IMC2014 will as well.

George, my goal is to reach as many people as possible as well. It's a slow process.

What "call" are you looking for exactly?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not at liberty to go into our plans too soon, but let's just say that a magazine is out of the question for the moment. Too many moving parts going all the time for just one guy. One day, I'd love to, Just not today. 2014 will be a year full of surprises from Ambannon Books.

All of our books will be available on amazon.com. IMC2013 will be there soon. IMC2013 has "gone international" and IMC2014 will as well.
    Very cool! We like surprises too.

What "call" are you looking for exactly?
    "Dear Mr/Ms (insert your name here),

We greatly enjoyed reading your story (insert your story title here) recently published in IMC 20XX, and would be interested in reading more of your original work with a goal of inclusion in our publication (insert your favorite one here)."

Yeah, I know it doesn't really work like that, but that's the dream!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Your dream is to be included in another publication? I think I'm a little confused here, lol.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Your dream is to be included in another publication? I think I'm a little confused here, lol.
    Well, after making Ambannon Books a household name and getting on as an assistant editor, of course ... that goes without saying! Can't get to publishing that magazine without a bigger staff!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, how about this:

Dear Mr. White,

We greatly enjoyed reading your story ("Slice"), recently sent to us by ... you, and would be interested in reading more of your original work for publication in later anthologies ... and we will be publishing "Slice" in In Mint Condition: 2014.

Sincerely,
    Shannon John
    Ambannon Books, publisher
    In Mint Condition: 2014, editor

Better? lol

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, how about this:

Dear Mr. White,

We greatly enjoyed reading your story ("Slice"), recently sent to us by ... you, and would be interested in reading more of your original work for publication in later anthologies ... and we will be publishing "Slice" in In Mint Condition: 2014.

Sincerely,
    Shannon John
    Ambannon Books, publisher
    In Mint Condition: 2014, editor

Better? lol

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Artist Number Two: Erik Wilson
    Website

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast