Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2014

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that's an absolute shame.

Shannon, sorry to hear of the situation. Keep strong and we look forward to getting you back here when you have time.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I sent out a cancelation email to my contributors and team but haven't sent an email out to customers yet.
    That was probably the notice I received versus it being for ordering of 'extra' copies of the S/L ... sorry for any confusion.

Take care of personal business Shannon ... all will be well in the long run. Looking forward to you returning to the business soon. Don't be a stranger here on the forums, especially when the going gets tough ... we're a great group for sounding off and bitching to .
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That explains why I was a little lost, I didn't get any of the earlier emails only got the one yesterday.

Really sorry to hear of your situation Shannon, sad news indeed.

As others have said, you know Mick and I are here anytime you need anything, if we can help we will!

I left it for the time being as I figured you would be getting lots of mail from many people asking about everything. I didn't want to bombard you with yet another email when I'm sure you have more important things to deal with. I'll be in touch, or if you prefer drop me a mail when things calm down.
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

so does this mean we can share the artwork here? I'd love to see what the other's had going on for theirs... if they wanted to share it.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear all the bad news

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be happy to show the artwork I did. One pencil on Bristol board which was for "My Crush Is Dead" and two oil paintings which were the cover art for the Hardcover, which are still drying. Have to try and get some decent photos of the oil paintings though.

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd really like to see them Rachel if you are willing to share?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll try and get some photos but as it is wet they might not be easy to get due to reflection, the pencil won't be any problem though.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

well, since the book is officially dead... guess I'll go ahead and post the artwork I did for the book....

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is amazing. I'd buy the book just for that alone.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK peeps, here's the pics. These are not professional scans or photos prepared fully for publishing.

My thinking behind the images came from the title "In Mint Condition".

Books come from trees and you can't get more 'In Mint Condition' than straight from the tree...

From The Roots Of The Earth 1

The wood man represents the authors and illustrators making their mark in the book(s). Also a kind of organic natural representation of the stories and images being fresh and new, IMC.

From The Roots Of The Earth 2

Initially I was thinking that the wood man image would go on the back cover so it would be like you were looking at one side of the tree on the front and turn it over and you see the back with the wood man hidden in there. However it could be reversed so the wood man is on the front.

My Crush Is Dead

Obviously there are very few people who have read the story 'My Crush Is Dead'. I hope that you all like the image and that those of you who have read the story feel it captures the essence of the beautiful but sad story. I particularly hope that the author is pleased with it!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachel and Terry, great work!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    That is amazing. I'd buy the book just for that alone.
    yes

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

nice work Rachel!

piece of side note trivia.... as kind of a nod to the book's Stephen King website connection ....

the black ribbon tied around the package in my art piece is the same piece of ribbon that originally was used to tie up a promo package I have for Joe Hill's Heart Shaped box novel.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, you too Terry. Your image has an air of Doctor Sleep to it. What camera(s) do you use BTW.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Obviously there are very few people who have read the story 'My Crush Is Dead'. I hope that you all like the image and that those of you who have read the story feel it captures the essence of the beautiful but sad story. I particularly hope that the author is pleased with it!
    I haven't read the story, but I am in love with the picture. I hope the story lives up to it.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    I haven't read the story, but I am in love with the picture. I hope the story lives up to it.
    didn't use the shown speedlight flash... used 2 large Chimera soft boxes

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Beautiful, Rachel. "My Crush is Dead" was a very short but very poignant and sweet story. I think your art perfectly represents the story.

Sir Boomme - Which story were you illustrating again?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome work! I am impressed with both of your efforts.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

not sure why the camera pic didn't load the first time... edited the post above to where it does now...

Hannah... Don't remember the exact title....and since I'm at work I can't look it up- but it was something like "Of Women and Cats"...or "Of Cats and Women"

somebody help me out here...

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Captures contrasts and textures really well Terry, I need to invest in some more photography kit myself.

Thanks everyone, if I was able, I'd put the story up here for you all. I don't even know who the author is. Last year I read all the stories and knew all the authors names, this year I only know the titles of a few of the stories and none of the authors names.

I hope Shannon pops in here as he hasn't seen the illustration for MCID and only got very rough pics of the cover art. He can probably answer a lot of the question too!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    not sure why the camera pic didn't load the first time... edited the post above to where it does now...

Hannah... Don't remember the exact title....and since I'm at work I can't look it up- but it was something like "Of Women and Cats"...or "Of Cats and Women"

somebody help me out here...
    "Of Cats and Women" by Nicki Scalise
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the artist for "Madison Men" is a member here, I'd love to see what he had in mind.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

well, since the book is officially dead... guess I'll go ahead and post the artwork I did for the book....

Love it!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post

Love it!
    There is quite a bit more clothing than I would expect from your photos

I love it by the way! It has such a subtle creepiness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast