Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2014

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

See Shannon's post 9 up. Only unpublished works, apparently.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I should have specified with the unpublished... would uncirculated publications, such as college writing showcase collections printed privately and never sold, also be excluded? These were distributed to other students on campus only, which I don't consider "published" but apparently others do.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Or you could go the fancier route of doing a hardcover with a slipcase. As Shannon can tell you, this is a much more expensive route. This costs closer to $20 to $25 per copy.

That's a very familiar looking s/l book,

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    How's everyone writing (or written) their stories? Just go off from one idea and see where the story goes, or having a plan to go A to B to C etc
    No plan! The first draft serves as outline. Right now that's where I'm at.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

First appearances only for the In Mint Condition series. After the book is published, you can do whatever you want with your stories and poems.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

So art submissions come later?

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes sir. Artists will be selected by invitation only, and they will illustrate either one of the chosen short stories or poems, or do the artwork for the paperback or hardcover covers.

This is my public invitation for you, Mr. Ryan. I love your artwork.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to announce at this time that we have found the last piece of the In Mint Condition: 2014 editorial staff:

Hannah O'Connor!

She passed all the physical and mental tests that I threw at her with flying colors, so congratulations are in order!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here, here - sterling choice Shannon !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Yes sir. Artists will be selected by invitation only, and they will illustrate either one of the chosen short stories or poems, or do the artwork for the paperback or hardcover covers.

This is my public invitation for you, Mr. Ryan. I love your artwork.
    We all float down here!

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Hannah!

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Hannah!

You'll do wonderful!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

God. We are in trouble if she passed the tests you (yes, You!) threw at her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I would like to announce at this time that we have found the last piece of the In Mint Condition: 2014 editorial staff:

Hannah O'Connor!

She passed all the physical and mental tests that I threw at her with flying colors, so congratulations are in order!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, even though my story is written longhand at this point, I was curious about the word count. So I counted it 1990 words, and I figure I am about half through. So should be roughly 4000 words. Just getting to the good part. This is fun, never made it this far in a story before.
    Sloth Love Chunk

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be submitting for sure. My story in In Mint Condition 2013 was just short of 9,000 words!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    I should have specified with the unpublished... would uncirculated publications, such as college writing showcase collections printed privately and never sold, also be excluded? These were distributed to other students on campus only, which I don't consider "published" but apparently others do.
    I honestly really don't think that counts. That should be fine, I would think. A publication of such a piece in "In Mint Condition" would certainly be considered first publication.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by woodpryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    I honestly really don't think that counts. That should be fine, I would think. A publication of such a piece in "In Mint Condition" would certainly be considered first publication.
    I would agree personally.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone other than yourself and maybe one or two other people have seen your story or poem, then it has been released publicly already.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sent. I wish a portion of the profits were being donated to the authors and artists

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Sent. I wish a portion of the profits were being donated to the authors and artists
    Actually, they are, through the "Haven Fund", which is a support charity for artists and such who do not have medical insurance. Ambannon, made a substantial donation and is continually a supporter of the charity. He may be my "Bastard Son", but he is definitely a great "Bastard Son" to have!!!

Spoiler:
    Was that a "Bitch slap", Shannon? Sorry if it was, but you know a "Dad's gotta do what a "Dad's gotta do!!! LOL LOL Stebbins? I still love ya, dude!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

On the horizon, there may be an edition of In Mint Condition that raises enough money so that I can pay the authors and artists a fair amount of monetary compensation.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, nothing but love here for ya, friend. I know any ribbing from you is good-natured.

Looking forward to this anthology

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, nothing but love here for ya, friend. I know any ribbing from you is good-natured.

Looking forward to this anthology
    It is, my friend. Shannon, is a "stand up" kinda guy. He will come through, have no doubt. Plus, it will be wonderful!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

How's everyone doing on their short stories and poems for In Mint Condition: 2014? We have about seven weeks until the deadline closes. We've received quite a few entries so far, and I'd like to keep the ball rolling.

For all authors, both new and old, this is your time to shine. Do you have it in you to be an Ambannon Author?

See more information here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Condition-2014

And don't forget ... the deadline is:

Saturday, October 5th, 2013

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

So nonfiction IS appropriate?

Any thoughts on what you'd want to see as far as true stories/creative-nonfiction essays?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast