Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolso Finely crafted cases thread

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Love the work and attention to details. The Ents treasure your work and will certainly will water your grave. LOL and (of course) J/K.

P.S.

Live long and prosper.
    I was wrong about the LOTR case - the case with the Ent was on Bills "Hobbit"...

She looks after Bill to make sure he has lots of wood..........
    That is the sickest case I have ever seen... well done man.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank You -- I'm glad you like...

This is actually more of a hobby that pays for itself than it is a business. It's fun to do, keeps me occupied and out of the bars and provides a few bucks to buy more books....

Since I am his CFO, I can attest to that statement!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi All-

First off will be a case for the paperback set of Bachman Books. The customer also had some original art that we engraved on the side - but that will be up to him to post pics of. I didn't have these books so he sent the dimensions of the original set....

This is a case that I've wanted to do for some time. Our own Harrison Ryan did the art that's engraved on it -- EXCELLENT JOB - he's quite a talented guy! This case is sized for the 1st Edition but, as long as someone will send me dimensions, we can easily use the same art on a case for the Easton Press or UK edition also.This one is made out of Maple - I like the pattern of the grain.

You've seen a similar one to this before - the difference is the rose on the spine instead of a metal label.....

Hope you like -- I'll get more posted soon....
    I have one of the Bachman Books cases available for immediate shipping. The titles are engraved on the spine, it has green liner and has NO art. Remember, this is for the original paperback books. $115 plus shipping

I also have one of the DT VII cases pretty much ready to go. This one doesn't have anything on the spine so you'd be able to choose whether you wanted the engraved rose or the metal label. I should take just a few days to do whichever you preferred. $140 plus shipping.

These are brand new cases - not returns or rejects. I made extras while I was working on the backorder list.

I have a few others available that I'll get some pics of soon. Feel free to drop me a line if you want more info or more pics....
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This may have been posted before - but if so, we'll do it again. This case was ordered by someone who prefers to remain anonymous. It is for the 25th Anniversary CD Limited edition of IT. If I remember correctly, it is made out of Cherry. It has an extra layer of cushioning under the red velvet liner.

Erin Wells was commissioned to create both the interior artwork and the engraved artwork. Note the Number 28 inside the balloon on the spine and on the engraved lid. (28 is the Limitation number of his book).

Brian at CD was kind enough to allow us to use the CD logo on the spine and also consented to let us use their artwork for the title.

www.bookslipcase.com

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That is beautiful!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The CD "IT" looks great. This may have been covered elsewhere but has there ever been any interest in you creating a case (I'm guessing it would need multipe hinges) to allow for some blocking to be installed which provides support for these big books? If I recall correctly Jerome has a lucite stand which has text blocking. Just curious.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If I recall correctly Jerome has a lucite stand which has text blocking. Just curious.
    Yes.

Country
    Country Flag

The CD "IT" looks great. This may have been covered elsewhere but has there ever been any interest in you creating a case (I'm guessing it would need multipe hinges) to allow for some blocking to be installed which provides support for these big books? If I recall correctly Jerome has a lucite stand which has text blocking. Just curious.
    I'm not sure I know what you mean by 'blocking'... I have made cases that have a front support to hold the book securely in the case...

Even though this is a double book tray, it has two plexiglas bars across the front of the lid-side book. Those could easily be moved to the typical 'bed' side of a case. Is that similar to what you're thinking?

Or if you're thinking of a support in the back of the case so it will stand up for display, this LOTR case of Bills has those......

Jerome - could you post a pic of the case/stand he's referring to?
    www.bookslipcase.com

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Display easel with page block. Note; the block is separate from the easel and can be moved as needed. The block can be made of any material that won't harm the book. It provides "great support"...like an under-wire bra....:

Country
    Country Flag

So the block is used as support for the space (pages) between the two covers? If so (which now that i think about it is probably sort of obvious to everyone but me!), I have done that on several cases.The ones that come to mind are the Knowing Darkness display (the book is so heavy that even the lips on the existing case would flatten out eventually) and on a Lettered Skeleton Crew case (the SC has a soft leather binding that required support so it wasn't crushed and flattened). The SC support was built into the case and wasn't movable - the KD support was an actual separate piece like Jerome's pic.
    www.bookslipcase.com

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So the block is used as support for the space (pages) between the two covers?
    Yes. The height difference between the endpieces of the book and the page block (The Stand S/L) is~.25 inch (1/4 inch). Other large books can/will be different.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Display easel with page block. Note; the block is separate from the easel and can be moved as needed. The block can be made of any material that won't harm the book. It provides "great support"...like an under-wire bra....:
    It's always comes down to boobs with you.....
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's always comes down to boobs with you.....
    Me too.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. That is what I was referring to. Thanks for the reply.

So the block is used as support for the space (pages) between the two covers? If so (which now that i think about it is probably sort of obvious to everyone but me!), I have done that on several cases.The ones that come to mind are the Knowing Darkness display (the book is so heavy that even the lips on the existing case would flatten out eventually) and on a Lettered Skeleton Crew case (the SC has a soft leather binding that required support so it wasn't crushed and flattened). The SC support was built into the case and wasn't movable - the KD support was an actual separate piece like Jerome's pic.

Country
    Country Flag

The blocks that I've used are simply a correctly sized piece of wood with felt liners on them to protect the pages.

This case has been sitting on my desk for far too long. It was originally $190 but will let this go for $155 plus shipping. It's made of Maple and sized to fit the first editions of Talisman and Black House.

This is a case I started but the customer changed his mind on. It is sized for the 1st edition Carrie with a round window placed to show the cover art. Constructed of Cherry - It hasn't been engraved yet so you could choose what you want engraved (if anything) and what label (if any) you want on the spine.The cost is $165 'as is'. Cost will vary if you want additional engravings/labels etc.

Both of these cases are available for immediate shipping (unless you want addition engravings on the Carrie).
    www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know how any of the sewer grate It cases are out there? And what they go for?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Does anyone know how any of the sewer grate It cases are out there? And what they go for?
    Don't have a firm count but I've made somewhere around 20 of the IT grate cases.

The normal one is made out of maple and includes the carved and painted sewer grate, padded red velvet bed liner with black velvet pull, red felt lid liner, hand-painted wood "IT" medallion on the spine and of course, hinges and clasp. It is $225 plus shipping. The price will depend on whether you have any special requests or deletions from the 'typical' sewer grate case.

www.bookslipcase.com

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got one!
    It's an absolutely gorgeous case. I'm so glad I decided to treat myself!

sk

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my very first DOLSO case today and I wish this picture did it justice because it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm hooked now

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I got my very first DOLSO case today and I wish this picture did it justice because it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm hooked now
    Congrats!!! Sweet...What edition does that hold? Trade, Centipede S/L or Gift..?

Brian.......

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Centipede gift!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats. It looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Centipede gift!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I see heaps of Dolso cases at reduced prices on Betts at the mo...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    That's true. I just picked up one of The Shining cases w/ art. I think he asked $320 originally, and after much debate (and the price drop!) I picked it up for $240. It's my first and I am VERY excited to get it!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    That's true. I just picked up one of The Shining cases w/ art. I think he asked $320 originally, and after much debate (and the price drop!) I picked it up for $240. It's my first and I am VERY excited to get it!
    I was debating that case too. The case is top-notch and Erin Wells' art is fantastic! You made a great purchase!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast