Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolso Finely crafted cases thread

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    That Stand case is my all time favourite. I'm very envious of you owning that one Josh
    I'll trade you that case and book for a S/L The Stand case and book lol
    hmm....

...NO
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Those cases are BEAUTIFUL!

Dick, is it just me or is anyone else getting security errors and can't get in your website?
    Thanks Clay! I'm glad you like them.

I couldn't get to the site either so it wasn't only you. I just got off the phone with 'those people who know computers' (as far as I'm concerned, they are a different species... they think differently than normal folks). There was some sort of a problem but they 'repropagated' it -- or whatever they do to fix things -- and said it should be working fine in "1 to 5 hours"..... I just paid for a new SSL a week ago - wonder if that had something to do with it??

Anyway, give it a try in a bit -- hopefully it works.
    I'm also having problems logging into site using safari!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't get to the site either so it wasn't only you. I just got off the phone with 'those people who know computers' (as far as I'm concerned, they are a different species... they think differently than normal folks). There was some sort of a problem but they 'repropagated' it -- or whatever they do to fix things -- and said it should be working fine in "1 to 5 hours"..... I just paid for a new SSL a week ago - wonder if that had something to do with it??

Sounds like they needed to repropagate your DNS (Domain Name System).

DNS is short for Domain Name System (or Service or Server), an Internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses. Because domain names are alphabetic, they're easier to remember. The Internet however, is really based on IP addresses. Every time you use a domain name, therefore, a DNS service must translate the name into the corresponding IP address. For example, the domain name www.example.com might translate to 198.105.232.4.
    The DNS system is, in fact, its own network. If one DNS server doesn't know how to translate a particular domain name, it asks another one, and so on, until the correct IP address is returned.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is the Stand case that I did for last years Haven Fund raiser (The Peter Case). We sized it to hold the Uncut edition. Stroppygoblin (Simon), Bill and Jerome were instigators for this case. My understanding is that the publisher had this original vision for the case for S/L Stand. He didn't use this design because of the cost but didn't have a problem with us trying it out.

This is made of Dark Walnut and has a rounded solid Walnut 'door' for the slipcase.

A vial of the Captain Trips toxin along with a syringe is permanently attached to the inside the door.

It looks great on my shelf too

It's an awesome case!
    That's great - I'm glad it found a good home!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DNS is short for Domain Name System (or Service or Server), an Internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses. Because domain names are alphabetic, they're easier to remember. The Internet however, is really based on IP addresses. Every time you use a domain name, therefore, a DNS service must translate the name into the corresponding IP address. For example, the domain name www.example.com might translate to 198.105.232.4.
    The DNS system is, in fact, its own network. If one DNS server doesn't know how to translate a particular domain name, it asks another one, and so on, until the correct IP address is returned.
    Yep - still doesn't seem to work.
    Simon- it sounds like you know computers MUCH better than most -- I just got off the phone with them (again) and there seems to be something about the new SSL needing to re-load and that can take quite a while to happen? I don't have any reason to distrust them but does that make sense to you? especially since I think that is what we did yesterday?

(I guess I should be more careful what I say about you propeller heads....)
    www.bookslipcase.com

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Simon- it sounds like you know computers MUCH better than most -- I just got off the phone with them (again) and there seems to be something about the new SSL needing to re-load and that can take quite a while to happen? I don't have any reason to distrust them but does that make sense to you? especially since I think that is what we did yesterday?

Makes sense. Basically SSL is making sure your site is secure. if they just replaced your certificate for SSL it can take a little while.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Working now!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    Working now!
    That makes me feel better!!
    www.bookslipcase.com

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Makes sense. Basically SSL is making sure your site is secure. if they just replaced your certificate for SSL it can take a little while.
    What he said

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    Working now!
    That makes me feel better!!

Yessir! Working great now. Thank you!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

What he said
    Thanks guys! It helps to know someone that knows what these things do!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe a few older or strictly one off cases....

This is a double Blockade Billy with (IIRC) both the US and UK firsts. The baseball card is recessed and mounted on the side with a plexiglas cover.

This is one of the first cases sold on DT. It was intended for Joe Hills Lock & Key. There is a space on the bottom to hold the various promo Keys that were issued. I forget how many editions were supposed to be issued but it was sized to hold the estimated number behind the displayed copy. The displayed copy was held in place by a simple locking mechanism to hold it flat and prevent it falling out when the case was opened.

The front is intended to resemble a door. The viewing window is sized to hold a full sized comic (although I guess they are now "Graphic Novels" instead of comics) and designed for that issue to be changed when ever you wanted.

It took a little head scratching to figure out the size of the case so it looked at least somewhat proportional to a door but still large enough to hold and display an entire copy.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone's in the market for the Locke & Key case that Dick built, let me know.

That sounds like a bad Perry Mason episode.....The Case that Dick Built

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't find any pictures of this case anywhere on the site, so I thought I'd add some. A few years ago, this case was auctioned off as part of the Haven Fundraiser. Eventually, it made its way into my collection via Betts'. This is definitely my favorite Dark Tower collectible (and I paid significantly less for it than people paid for a copy of Charlie the Choo-Choo):

Dolso Case, with sculpture of Blaine the Mono by Ned Dameron:

Detail view of scupture:

Oli Painting of Blaine laid inside the cover of the case:

Sketch of Roland inside the book:

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I can't find any pictures of this case anywhere on the site, so I thought I'd add some. A few years ago, this case was auctioned off as part of the Haven Fundraiser. Eventually, it made its way into my collection via Betts'. This is definitely my favorite Dark Tower collectible (and I paid significantly less for it than people paid for a copy of Charlie the Choo-Choo):

Detail view of scupture:

Colour me impressed

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

True awesomeness there!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad this thread has been active the last couple of days. Dick has been working with me over the last year+ on cases for the first 5 Doubleday books and today I received the last one. My goal when we started was to end up with a matching set. We weren't sure how to go about having Night Shift match the theme, but Dick had a great idea and I love how it turned out.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely stunning!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are gorgeous, James! Wow! What great work, Dick!
    Last edited by Brian861; 10-15-2016 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Cause I suck at recalling folks real names! :)
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, those are awesome. I think what he ended up doing with the Night Shift case was perfect for the theme. I wish they were on my shelf! Congrats!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Wastelands case is amazing! Love the Doubledays also. Fine work, Dick!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Wastelands case is one of the coolest unique items I have seen.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post

Detail view of scupture:

Colour me impressed
    I was just thinking about that case the other day, wondering where it had gone. I'm glad it has a good home!! Bill, Ned and I worked pretty hard to make this one come together!!
    www.bookslipcase.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast