Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Dolso Finely crafted cases thread

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    Glad this thread has been active the last couple of days. Dick has been working with me over the last year+ on cases for the first 5 Doubleday books and today I received the last one. My goal when we started was to end up with a matching set. We weren't sure how to go about having Night Shift match the theme, but Dick had a great idea and I love how it turned out.

These are all out of African Mahogany with black liners and pulls. My problem was trying to remember over the course of the first to the last, where I put the hinges and tags! I'm glad you like them!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My mind often works in very mysterious ways. This seemed very appropriate for my dear friend..................................

Now, if they only had wood............................................

Spoiler:
    Or do they? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have all of the miscellaneous items that RF mentions in this post, except for what he describes as "a solid board, that Dameron glued, taped, and or affixed multiple pieces to as a mock up." I wish I knew what happened to that.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I also have all of the miscellaneous items that RF mentions in this post, except for what he describes as "a solid board, that Dameron glued, taped, and or affixed multiple pieces to as a mock up." I wish I knew what happened to that.
    The winner was a member, and IIRC received all of the material.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    My mind often works in very mysterious ways. This seemed very appropriate for my dear friend..................................

Now, if they only had wood............................................

Spoiler:
    Or do they? lol lol
    I always suspected these cases were good for more than books...... that must be why Grant used to call them 'Woodies'??!!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

This one is for Joe Hill's 'Heart Shaped Box'...

Guess you need to read the story for the dog prints to make sense..........
    www.bookslipcase.com

John F. Kennedy Geminii23 will become famous soon enough Geminii23's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! So many awesome cases! Love it!
    “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” - Steve Jobs, Apple Inc. RIP

My Videos
    My Artwork

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Geminii23 View Post
    Thanks, I'm glad you like them!

This started out as a joke case for the insert/pamphlet but grew legs later on.....

www.bookslipcase.com

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post

This started out as a joke case for the insert/pamphlet but grew legs later on.....

Amazing!!! What craftsmanship!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man that would have been a cool one to engrave the money with symbols on the front! OR create a wooden monkey with symbols that holds the insert between the 2 symbols.

Country
    Country Flag

Well - I've been away for quite some time it looks like! Almost 2 years! It's been long enough that I forgot how to download pics. Took a little studying to figure it out again. Been away but still busy.... Paul kept me hoppin' for close to 1 year of that time! There are LOTS of new names on here and lots of old farts folks too.....

Even though it's not typically collected a customer has a signed copy of this book. I've been asked to do a case for it. I don't have a copy so I'm wondering if anyone can supply accurate dimensions?

I appreciate the help if you can
    www.bookslipcase.com

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey welcome back Dick!
    Sorry I dont have that edition, but I'd just like to say what an amazing job you did on the Suntup Misery cases. Beautiful work!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well - I've been away for quite some time it looks like! Almost 2 years! It's been long enough that I forgot how to download pics. Took a little studying to figure it out again. Been away but still busy.... Paul kept me hoppin' for close to 1 year of that time! There are LOTS of new names on here and lots of old farts folks too.....

Even though it's not typically collected a customer has a signed copy of this book. I've been asked to do a case for it. I don't have a copy so I'm wondering if anyone can supply accurate dimensions?

I appreciate the help if you can
    My Holdorf copy of the Stand measures ... 6 3/8 x 9 1/2 x 2 3/8
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd recommend (having received specific instructions) the owner supply the specs. I "think" the edition you pictured is a "Holdorf" edition of "The Stand". Very odd book, and few own one-I don't. Not only an odd book, but damn near impossible to obtain a 1st edition 1st print, let alone a signed copy.

Even if I had one, I'd be reticent to supply the final measurements, for fear of screwing it up.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jim - I'm glad I asked ... I would have used the completely wrong dimensions!

and Stroppy - I think those cases for Misery turned out quite nicely. They were a lot more work than I originally thought they would be! I'm glad you like it! Congrats on getting the Lettered by the way! (at least I'm assuming you got one...)

No problem R.F. - I've been known to screw up a case even when I had the correct measurements!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

Signed 1st/1st Carrie
    www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

www.bookslipcase.com

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful work as always! I especially love the Dark Tower VII case

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wish I would've seen this sooner. I don't know if there is anything I love more in my collection than those cases!

Country
    Country Flag

These books are for sale and referenced in post number 11302 in the 'Collectible Classified' Thread. (Sorry, don't remember how to link that post) Please contact Merlin1958 (Bill) if you're interested.... They aren't in any particular order. There will be more books and more cases coming up later... Assuming I've done this link correctly, Thanks! http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1153212

www.bookslipcase.com

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast