Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: San Diego Comic-Con 2013 - Stephen King related stuff

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default San Diego Comic-Con 2013 - Stephen King related stuff

Well, the SDCC is getting really close, so I thought to post stuff King-related that will take place in it.

UNDER THE DOME PANEL
    On Sunday, July 21, fans are invited to join the cast and producers of this summer’s critically acclaimed series Under the Dome at Comic-Con 2013.

SUNDAY, JULY 21:
    UNDER THE DOME
    2:15 PM – 3:15 PM

The dome has descended upon Chester’s Mill and there is no way in or no way out! Get a sneak peek of what’s in store for the town and its residents as they become sealed off from the rest of the world in this summer’s critically acclaimed series based on the bestselling book by Stephen King, from Amblin Television. Stars Dean Norris (Breaking Bad), Mike Vogel (Bates Motel) and Rachelle Lefevre (Twilight) will be joined by executive producers Brian K. Vaughan (Lost) and Neal Baer (Law & Order: SVU). Norris, Vogel and Lefevre will participate in an exclusive autograph signing following the panel at the CBS Interactive Booth at 3:30 PM – 4:15 PM on the convention floor.

(Thanks to Lilja's Library)

CARRIE FREE PINS:

On booth 1514, these pins will be given for free:

I won't be attending this year but I suggest those that will to visit CBS booth since I'm positive they'll give Under the dome stuff for free.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sam Ernst (Haven writer) wrote this in his twitter account:

Whoa - disappeared into a writing hole for a couple of months! Hello twitter -anyone else headed down to #SDCC? Haven party and Haven Panel!
    Also, big news coming from me and HavenJim - like where we've been and what we've been doing. It probably ain't what you think...
    But it does involve a young up and coming writer named Stephen King...
    It also involves an actress you may have heard of, Gillian Anderson. I am not $#$% kidding. (And yes, we're psyched).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Someday maybe I'll get to the SDCC! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Now THIS IS COOL:

Comic-Con 2013: Mondo to Sell Drew Struzan’s The Dark Tower Print

Mondo previously worked with legendary poster artist Drew Struzan on Frankenstein and The Thing prints. It had been teased that they’d also be releasing a print based on his poster art for The Dark Tower and now it is official. You’ll be able to pick up The Dark Tower print seen below at Comic-Con, but Mondo is offering it in a pre-sale this Friday:

“Last year, in 2012, it was crazier and we expect that 2013 is going to be even more so. So, the reason for this long winded intro is to announce that we are making it 3 years in a row. We will be coming from Austin with our wares and setting up at Booth #936. At this booth, we will be releasing posters, shirts…. and, if everything goes right, records. If you’re reading this, then you will most likely have seen a few images debuted online. This is a small fraction of the total output we’ll have at SDCC this year and things will be similar to a degree in how we sell them, but enough is changing that we thought it polite to give you all a heads up.

The first change is that we will be pre-selling 3 different editions of posters online before the convention. Each edition will then have a corresponding artist signing taking place upstairs away from our booth at a designated signing area. These posters will ONLY be made available to those who purchase them online in advance.

2) We’re finally releasing it! The (22-color) Drew Struzan poster for THE DARK TOWER with Drew in attendance for a signing on FRIDAY 7/19

These pre-sales will all be going ON SALE this Friday, July 12, 2013 via our web-store. To repeat, these WILL NOT be available for purchase at our booth at SDCC, and the signings will not be at our booth. You will claim your posters / attend the signings at the SAILS PAVILION at the convention center (Booth AA07. It is located directly above Hall C where you claim your badges.) Since these are going to be released at the SAILS PAVILION, we have to sell them in advance. Don’t worry, though! If you miss these, we’ll still be having several releases at our booth that won’t be pre-sold.”

We want to give a big thanks to Badass Digest for the look at the print below. To keep up with Mondo, visit their official blog and Twitter for their latest on-sale announcements:

http://blog.mondotees.com/
    https://twitter.com/mondonews
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed Ari, that is cool. But, it's also a long way away from me, and I'm sure they will want way more then I would want to pay for that print.
    Good luck to those that are going.
    Christine

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, after attending last year, I really can't explain how sad is to see all the news this year and not be able to attend!

I've been in cool events before, but SDCC has been something that I can't even explain.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Entertainment Weekly will have this special number:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This one, too -- a great show if you've never seen it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was the only SDCC thread I saw that wasn’t locked...the day is upon us

IT trailer tmrw, plus the cast is sitting down with Conan. Giddyup

Not SK related, but the creators of Game of Thrones just cancelled their SDCC appearance. Really poor move if you ask me, as they need to face the criticism head on so their fans can move on, just like a losing QB

+ Reply to Thread