Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Under The Dome

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This show is a dog's breakfast. I dunno why I am still watching it. Crackhead for King, I guess.

Contrived explanations for everything. Terrible acting. Characters speaking their motivations out loud to try and explain puzzling decisions/behavior.

I just don't think network tv can do post-apocalyptic right. It kind of remind me of Jericho, a show i liked but that never seemed to go anywhere. Seemed like it was held back by being on network tv. The suits/producers stifle a creative retelling of the story. I surmise that if this show was not "adapted from a Stephen King novel!" It would not be getting renewed.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i don't think the acting is that bad. yes the dude who plays Jr. is miscast and badly at that. and since he's still new to the business i read an article in tv guide where he said under the dome was his 1st job i think he said? but i dunno i can think of other shows where the acting is far far worse. i love the show true blood and on last night's episode i dunno the name of the actress who played this blond bimbo but she was pretty a pretty fucking bad actress. far far worse on anything on under the dome that's for damn sure.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm pissed ladies at gents. cause 'll miss under the dome tonight. we have DISH ya see and they took it off! WGN is in it's place so i guess i'll have to download it or stream it. thank GOD for that! and it may turn out we don't have CBS anymore so all my shows i love to watch on the network which is my favorite network won't be on anymore. now if it was NBC i'd be fine cause there's nothing on that network i watch anyways. no offense to those who do watch it of course. but either way it's a really shitty thing to do.

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

tonight was a sad episode

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good episode. I didn't much like that song they used a couple of times, but otherwise I've got no real complaints.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

The old lady and I continue to watch this mainly bc of the drinking game we made.

Drink every time they say Dome and every time Gloria says Husband.
    We watch the show on Friday nights btw.

The visitors' day episode almost killed us, ha!

Thinking about maybe adding shots with they the say Stars, but haven't decided.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    The old lady and I continue to watch this mainly bc of the drinking game we made.

Drink every time they say Dome and every time Gloria says Husband.
    We watch the show on Friday nights btw.

The visitors' day episode almost killed us, ha!

Thinking about maybe adding shots with they the say Stars, but haven't decided.

As long as you are still watching I suppose, I am still enjoying it.....
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on Dome Jr. from last night's ep.?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've got thoughts on Dome Jr.

I thought that was a pretty cool reveal, although it immediately made me wonder if the producers have just been flat-out lying about the source of the dome being different in the series than in the book. If that turns out to be the case, I'm okay with it, because I really liked that aspect of the novel.

Either way, it seems like they've at least got SOME specific idea in mind. It also made me remember that the first shot of the first episode was of a bird emerging from an egg. I'm gonna go out on a limb -- and an extremely thick one it is -- and say that's probably not a coincidence.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Burnette View Post
    Yeah, I've got thoughts on Dome Jr.

I thought that was a pretty cool reveal, although it immediately made me wonder if the producers have just been flat-out lying about the source of the dome being different in the series than in the book. If that turns out to be the case, I'm okay with it, because I really liked that aspect of the novel.

Either way, it seems like they've at least got SOME specific idea in mind. It also made me remember that the first shot of the first episode was of a bird emerging from an egg. I'm gonna go out on a limb -- and an extremely thick one it is -- and say that's probably not a coincidence.
    Good point.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought that was a pretty cool reveal, although it immediately made me wonder if the producers have just been flat-out lying about the source of the dome being different in the series than in the book.
    It's funny, I was thinking the same thing. It definitely occurred to me that that's what they might be leading up to (but maybe with a different twist?). I'd be okay with it, too, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Anyone still watching? I'm starting to see this more as an original TV series rather than a book adaption. At this point the only thing they really have in common is the title. Which is fine with me. That way I don't know exactly what's going to happen next.

"The monarch shall be crowned." As soon as I heard that line I thought of all the butterflies gathering on the dome. Not sure how they go together though.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, they've changed everything around. I have no problem with the changes since it was obvious from the beginning they weren't sticking to the book so my expectations changed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Anyone still watching? I'm starting to see this more as an original TV series rather than a book adaption. At this point the only thing they really have in common is the title. Which is fine with me. That way I don't know exactly what's going to happen next.

"The monarch shall be crowned." As soon as I heard that line I thought of all the butterflies gathering on the dome. Not sure how they go together though.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I kind of like not knowing exactly what's going to happen. But a part of me still wishes they were sticking more to the book.

And that was Angie with the butterfly tattoo at the end, right? It was night when they were outside, so it was kind of dark.

QUESTION: Anyone else think that something might "hatch" from the black egg and Dome Jr. is acting as an incubator? Similar to the Dome over the town? If that's the case, then I'm wondering: what's be incubated in Chester's Mill?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno, but it can't be anything beneficial!

That was definitely Angie at the end. They've been showing that tattoo about once an episode for the whole season; either it means something, or we're supposed to think it does and it'll end up being a misdirection.

I've still got problems with the show; something stupid happens every single week, sometimes more than one something. But I enjoy it overall; there are cons, but the pros outweigh them significantly, for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! And funny, last night was the first time I noticed the tattoo, I think.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Thanks! And funny, last night was the first time I noticed the tattoo, I think.
    I think it's mostly been seen in shots where other things were the actual focus. Not quite subliminal, but not made a big deal of, either.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yeah, I kind of like not knowing exactly what's going to happen. But a part of me still wishes they were sticking more to the book.

And that was Angie with the butterfly tattoo at the end, right? It was night when they were outside, so it was kind of dark.

QUESTION: Anyone else think that something might "hatch" from the black egg and Dome Jr. is acting as an incubator? Similar to the Dome over the town? If that's the case, then I'm wondering: what's be incubated in Chester's Mill?

Actually, haven't they suggested an "Atom" analogy? That would seem to fit with the smaller dome and egg being at the direct center of town.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

That was two nights in a row when Dean Norris got to showcase his talents as an actor.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    That was two nights in a row when Dean Norris got to showcase his talents as an actor.
    Yeah, he knocked out of the park both times. Very cool to see him getting such good scenes to play. I'm sure they're going to continue, too; at least for a few more weeks.

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone think they'll kill off Big Jim (or Junior) before the end of this season?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

No, I don't think that will happen. That's one of the series' strongest dynamics.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm with Bev; the odds of that happening seem extremely slim.

But hey, who knows?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

No way. Too much story line opportunity with them. One week they are at each other throats, the next they are thick as thieves. That will continue in to season two I reckon.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was definitely Angie at the end. They've been showing that tattoo about once an episode for the whole season; either it means something, or we're supposed to think it does and it'll end up being a misdirection.
    That was a butterfly tattoo, but as far as I could tell it's not a monarch. The ones that covered the dome that one time were monarchs. CGI monarchs to be sure, but at least they got the color pattern close enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast