Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: dnemec

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    What is the dark blue, or teal, colored proof on the upper shelf?
    On the right hand side? That's Revival.
    I meant the one in the middle, but I would have asked about REVIVAL too. So that's the US proof, right?
    End of Watch?

Btw, great looking shelves, Dez. Particularly loving the proofs.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Dez - What is the bobble head to the left of the fuzzy dice? I have the one given away on Friday the 13th (on the right), but haven’t seen the one with the blue hat.
    Like the other one, it was given out at a Lowell Spinners game on Friday the 13th in 2004 (I think - need to locate the damn box, but can't remember where I put it). There used to be a bunch on ebay, but they seem to have all disappeared...

I find it amusing how different King looks in each!
    Thanks! I dint like that one as much, but of course now I have to find it to complete the set.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    What is the dark blue, or teal, colored proof on the upper shelf?
    On the right hand side? That's Revival.
    I meant the one in the middle, but I would have asked about REVIVAL too. So that's the US proof, right?
    End of Watch?

Btw, great looking shelves, Dez. Particularly loving the proofs.
    Yes, Jon is right - it's EOW. And thanks, Jon! Not as many as you have, but there are a few!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dez - What is the bobble head to the left of the fuzzy dice? I have the one given away on Friday the 13th (on the right), but haven’t seen the one with the blue hat.
    Like the other one, it was given out at a Lowell Spinners game on Friday the 13th in 2004 (I think - need to locate the damn box, but can't remember where I put it). There used to be a bunch on ebay, but they seem to have all disappeared...

I find it amusing how different King looks in each!
    Thanks! I dint like that one as much, but of course now I have to find it to complete the set.
    I didn't really like it as much either, but I had to have it once I saw it. I have issues.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks, I don't have either of those, but now I may start looking for them since I just finished the trilogy and loved it (with a few minor complaints).
    I do have the MR. MERCEDES proof though. So, the first book's proof (MERCEDES), has a black and red spine, but the other two have teal colored spines. Strange!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I don't have either of those, but now I may start looking for them since I just finished the trilogy and loved it (with a few minor complaints).
    I do have the MR. MERCEDES proof though. So, the first book's proof (MERCEDES), has a black and red spine, but the other two have teal colored spines. Strange!
    Finders Keepers has a white spine and red lettering like the 1st. Each one has a different design and they don't match at all.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Finders Keepers has a white spine and red lettering like the 1st. Each one has a different design and they don't match at all.
    Of COURSE they don't match! It's not like they are part of the same trilogy, right?! The fact that they don't match hurts my OCD.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have OCD too! I have OCD too! I mean also!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, and love that Dutch Shining. Beautiful colours. (Amusing that they used Jack Nicholson to depict Torrance, given King hated the movie).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Great stuff, and love that Dutch Shining. Beautiful colours. (Amusing that they used Jack Nicholson to depict Torrance, given King hated the movie).
    I thought it was funny too, but at least they used the mallet and not the ax!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Totally/somewhat off topic for Dez’s thread, (and say sorry) but Jack Nickelson was in North Conway, New Hampshire this week. He stopped into a store my friend manages (Gymboree) with a list of clothes to buy. She got a nice selfie with him. She said it was his voice that gave him away.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Totally/somewhat off topic for Dez’s thread, (and say sorry) but Jack Nickelson was in North Conway, New Hampshire this week. He stopped into a store my friend manages (Gymboree) with a list of clothes to buy. She got a nice selfie with him. She said it was his voice that gave him away.
    That's cool, Chris! I think he'd be fun to meet!

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I finally got my box of books from the UK (which is no slight on Simon - I asked him to wait for Strange Weather, too!). Here are my Sleeping Beauties from W.H. Smith and Tesco, and Strange Weather.

And then the lovely Simon offered to have Strange Weather signed for me. I do like the doodles!

And then because I must have been a very good girl this year, I also got these. The WH Smith is from Simon and HSB is from Brian (Brian861) (that Simon kindly got it signed).

Again, my most heartfelt thanks to Simon and to Brian. I don't know what I did to deserve all this, but you guys are wonderful!

Nice haul.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Dez. Congrats. And nice gifts.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're most welcome and congrats on the nice UK haul!

And just because we can
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome all the way around. Great grabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My pleasure Dez, glad everything arrived safely!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    And just because we can
    Yep, that pretty much sums it up
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic new additions, Dez. Congratulations!

Very nice of Simon and Brian.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff! Love the Joe Hill doodle!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool adds, love the inscription...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Big congrats Dez !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Those are great additions to the collection. Congrats!

(I'm partial to the WH Smith editions, myself).

HBJ

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Those are great additions to the collection. Congrats!

(I'm partial to the WH Smith editions, myself).

HBJ
    There is definitely something about them, isn't there?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast