Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: dnemec

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ah, if only I was there to purchase that BLACK HOUSE promo. It's a great looking item, and I see it has a good home, so all is well. I like that Time-Life book digest book too.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Another South Carolina collector!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Awesome! Another South Carolina collector!
    Can't imagine there are too many of us!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love library book sales. Seriously, I will take a couple hours off work to go. You never know what you'll find and the price is always right. Last week and the week before I went to 2 different library book sales.

At the first I picked up 2 former library books. The Best American Mystery Stories of the Century includes Quitters, Inc. as the 1978 pick.

I also picked up The Golden Years of Science Fiction, Sixth Series. No King in here, but it features a great array of authors including: Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke, Richard Matheson, and 2 Ray Bradbury stories, the latter two authors I do collect.

Best part: that library sale was priced at $5 per bag of books. So those two books cost me about $.25 each.

At the second one, I found this great unread copy of The Stephen King Universe. And as it's a paperback, cost was $1.

So the moral of the day is: library books sales are your friend! Not just for collecting, but for the other dozens of other books I brought home to read!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    So the moral of the day is: library books sales are your friend! Not just for collecting, but for the other dozens of other books I brought home to read!
    I couldn't agree more. We usually have 3-4 big book sales in my area every year. Most of the time, I go on the first day to try to get the best books available. Then, if I have time, I go on the last day when they do the Bag Sale for $5. I am always able to find something to add to my shelves.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I couldn't agree more. We usually have 3-4 big book sales in my area every year. Most of the time, I go on the first day to try to get the best books available. Then, if I have time, I go on the last day when they do the Bag Sale for $5. I am always able to find something to add to my shelves.
    Each of the local counties has a library organization called Friends of the Library that puts on the book sales. If you join the FOL, you get to go to the "preview" sale a day earlier than everyone else. In essence, I paid $20 (the family rate for the year--I need my boyfriend to carry my books!), so that I can go in early and spend even more money because I get first pick! Oh, it is a vicious cycle!

Country
    Country Flag

This acquisition was a gift for my birthday last year. While we were in Atlanta to see The Ghost Brothers of Darkland County, we visited this fantastic book store that I just love. At the time, I left it on the shelves opting for several cheaper books instead of the one expensive item. (Among them, a 1st edition of Something Wicked This Way Comes and a 1st of Deliverance.) However, I specifically told my boyfriend: "This is what I want for my birthday. Buy this." (Sometimes you just have to make it easy for men!)

And this is what I got--a signed 1st/1st of Rosemary's Baby.

Every time I go to The Strand in NYC, they never have anything of Levin's in the rare book room, presumably because he was a New Yorker and immensely popular there. I couldn't believe my luck in finding this book, and finding it signed! I guess it's a good thing people don't read down here in the south!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice addition! I bet that couldn't have been cheap, lol.

Country
    Country Flag

I was done for the weekend, but I posted this on the Other Authors board, and had to repost here. Gauntlet Press sold these prints earlier this year from a painting by Ray Bradbury for It Came From Outer Space. There are certain times when I see something and I can't help myself--and this was one of those times!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW - I don't think I've met very many ex-lib books that are in that good shape!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great thread!!! Keep 'em coming!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only read a few Bradbury stories, but that picture is great. Love the look of the signature on the bottom. Is the signature extremely large or is the picture small?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I've only read a few Bradbury stories, but that picture is great. Love the look of the signature on the bottom. Is the signature extremely large or is the picture small?
    Well then, you have your work cut out for you!! Bradbury is a great Sci-Fi author!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The picture is an 8 x 11.5, so it's the size of a sheet of paper. (Pain in the ass to find a frame that size since they are usually 8 x 10!) So the signature on that picture is a pretty good size.

And you better get off your butt and read some more Bradbury! I won't say that Fahrenheit 451 changed my life, but it totally messed me up as a 12-year-old bookaholic and pushed me to find more of his work. Been reading him ever since!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES blew me away when I was a kid.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, Thanks! I have read and enjoyed Fahrenheit 451.

Country
    Country Flag

Really need to go to bed (Why did I agree to work all day tomorrow? Oh that's right...so I can make more money and buy more books!), but wanted to post pics of the lovely package I received from David at Betts Books this week!

First off, two proofs that I bought as a gift for myself after finally getting the house refinanced:

And then I naturally had to take advantage of the Pay It Forward sale!

That Artist's Ed of WTTK is just beautiful! Thanks, David!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the photobucket pics that I can't see ... lol

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I love the photobucket pics that I can't see ... lol
    Yea, yea. Told you--it was late and I was tired! Apparently, I moved them around in my photobucket account after posting. Oops! They're up now!

Country
    Country Flag

Since I am up way earlier than I need to be, here are more books from this week's haul!

I found this copy of Legends at a thrift store in Beaufort, SC. Contains LSOE.

Also, these arrived from paperbackswap.com. Appear to be unread too!

Now it's shower time, but tomorrow I will be finally inspecting my boxes from Shannon that arrived earlier this week. Should have tons to post then!!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

Busy Sunday! I have been dying to open the huge boxes that I got from Shannon this week, and now I have the chance! 100 lbs of books!

(Remotes weren't included.)

And naturally, I slipped in one of the King movies to keep my company. Now...where the heck am I going to put all this stuff?
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, nice haul!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE new stuff !!!
    Love the painting by Ray Bradbury for It Came From Outer Space.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE new stuff !!!
    Love the painting by Ray Bradbury for It Came From Outer Space.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW! Congratulations!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast