Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: dnemec

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic, Dez. I'm soooooooooooooo jealous. Congratulations.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I finally got all my links fixed (thanks a bunch, you assholes at Photobucket!), so I can now add new stuff. Haven't been buying much, but I refused to update my thread until all the photos were fixed.

First of all, a HUGE thank you to Brian for this lovely gift! I loaned Brian some audiobooks, and this was his thank you. I hadn't gotten around to buying one yet, but now I don't have to.

Thanks again, Brian!

Also picked up this from eBay. I never read the comics, but I recently dove into the Locke & Key audiobook. So when this came up for a good price, I had to buy him to put with my Hill collection. He's so cute!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a nice gift. Are you reading it?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're most welcome, Dez and thanks for the loaners! I recently picked up Bode myself Us Hill folk have to stick together!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the DarkRegions Press Competition win Dez!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw the email too. Congrats. You've been lucky this year!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    That's a nice gift. Are you reading it?
    I just can't, Becca. I'd be far too worried about messing it up. Plus 95% of my reading now is on the treadmill so I REALLY don'y want to. It will be out soon, so I'll just be patient!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    You're most welcome, Dez and thanks for the loaners! I recently picked up Bode myself Us Hill folk have to stick together!
    Bode is cute, isn't he? It was a total impulse buy, but that's ok. He looks great on my shelf!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I just saw the email too. Congrats. You've been lucky this year!
    Thanks all! But before you get too excited, I did NOT win the grand prize. I won a $10 gift certificate. Would've liked that grand prize, but it's something!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Time to buy that lotto ticket.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Time to buy that lotto ticket.
    But the lotto I NEVER win! Plus these occasion book wins are just to make up for the fact that I am completely unlucky in nearly every other aspect.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Still seems to be a good year. Hopefully...
    Chinese Fortune Cookie

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Saw this as well. Congrats, Dez!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

While everyone is going nuts over Sleeping Beauties, I picked up the final missing piece (I believe) of my Fireman collection. A HUGE thanks to jonp as I have not seen one of these on the open market. The infamous yellow paged UK Fireman proof.

And now...Strange Weather is released and we start all over again.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Didn't even know that existed. Congratulations, Dez.

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Dez! Glad you were able to finally close the circle. Kudos to Jon for scoring it for ya!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Who's going nuts over SLEEPING BEAUTIES? I've only got 8 or possibly 9 copies coming my way.

By the way, nice proof, the pages aren't chicken, they're yellow!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Awesome! Didn't even know that existed. Congratulations, Dez.
    Someone pointed it out to me, then when Jon decided to sell, he contacted me first. Since I am a nut and Queen of the Hill, I had to say YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice, Dez! Glad you were able to finally close the circle. Kudos to Jon for scoring it for ya!
    Thanks, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Who's going nuts over SLEEPING BEAUTIES? I've only got 8 or possibly 9 copies coming my way.

By the way, nice proof, the pages aren't chicken, they're yellow!
    I was counting...thought it was 5, then arrived at 7, but I believe it is actually 8. And the slipcase. And the portfolio. No signed 1st yet, but I'm just being patient. There will be one!

And thanks re: the proof!

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, a couple updates then notes for Santa. I haven't been spending much, but a few cool things have shown up recently.

First, I received my Joe Hill Candy Cane Key and I really like the presentation. No, I am still not collecting the keys (really!), but this was too cool not to buy!

Also, the Dutch gift edition of de Shining came yesterday and I think it's so cool. Somehow, it made it all the way here sitting only in its box with no padding, but it was unscathed. Also, thanks to whomever pointed out the website to me on Facebook. (I know you are a member here too, but I can't remember who it was!)

Otherwise, my only spending has been while running around the greater Charleston area to find the damn Funkos. I bought these 3 awhile ago when the Dark Tower movie was released:

I have also found these around. In addition, I broke down and ordered the original Pennywise (with boat) and I have the Dorbz Jack coming (seriously...$5 on ebay...what can you do?).

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, Santa notes. Obviously, I have been collecting the Funkos, so if you don't live in an area that never carries anything cool anywhere and want to grab the Grady Twins or the Pennywise with the teeth from F.Y.E., feel free. Don't really care about Jack or Danny Torrance though.

I do collect proofs, and my proof shelves are below:

(Hiding on top of the first shelf is The Dark Man orange proof, TGWLTG pop-up "proof," and UK JAS partial proof.)

Also missing lots on my UK 1sts shelves:

In addition, Christine is my favorite and I have a bunch of editions in different languages:

I do have the big car on another shelf and the press kit from the movies is hiding in the back.

Some randomness:
    - As you can tell from my shelves, I like the promo stuff.
    - I have procured the UK 1st of Sleeping Beauties, it just hasn't made it on my shelf (and Simon is holding the W.H. Smith and Tesco ones for me pending Strange Weather's release).
    - As for Joe, I have most everything of his, except for 2 really expensive books that I wouldn't dream of asking for. I have also preordered 6 copies of his new one (I think it's just 6!) so I should be good there. Maybe.

Anyway, Santa, I hope this helps you out! I'm sure I'll be happy!
    Last edited by dnemec; 10-17-2017 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Okay, make that 6 Strange Weathers not 4!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Dez - What is the bobble head to the left of the fuzzy dice? I have the one given away on Friday the 13th (on the right), but haven’t seen the one with the blue hat.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Dez and good to hear that the Strange Weather collection is out of hand before publication

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Dez - What is the bobble head to the left of the fuzzy dice? I have the one given away on Friday the 13th (on the right), but haven’t seen the one with the blue hat.
    Like the other one, it was given out at a Lowell Spinners game on Friday the 13th in 2004 (I think - need to locate the damn box, but can't remember where I put it). There used to be a bunch on ebay, but they seem to have all disappeared...

I find it amusing how different King looks in each!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What is the dark blue, or teal, colored proof on the upper shelf?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

On the right hand side? That's Revival.

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    On the right hand side? That's Revival.
    I meant the one in the middle, but I would have asked about REVIVAL too. So that's the US proof, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast