Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: dnemec

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I both love, and am freaked out by that doll's image.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the nightmares, Dez!!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You better be nice to her picture!
    I will! Promise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Dez, love that.
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Haha, that’s cool. Congrats
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I both love, and am freaked out by that doll's image.
    I have to agree with you on both counts, Jerome!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks for the nightmares, Dez!!
    You're welcome, Brian!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    In honor of New Years and the traditional Twilight Zone marathon, I'll share this. I tried to buy something similar earlier this year, but it got destroyed enroute and I had to fight with the seller to get my money back. And here she is, everyone's favorite doll. Ain't she purdy!

Very cool!!

If you're a fan of June Foray, there are some great stories and remembrances about her on Mark Evanier's blog (https://www.newsfromme.com/), including an amazing obit he wrote and some behind-the-scenes stuff related to her memorial service.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    In honor of New Years and the traditional Twilight Zone marathon, I'll share this. I tried to buy something similar earlier this year, but it got destroyed enroute and I had to fight with the seller to get my money back. And here she is, everyone's favorite doll. Ain't she purdy!

Very cool!!

If you're a fan of June Foray, there are some great stories and remembrances about her on Mark Evanier's blog (https://www.newsfromme.com/), including an amazing obit he wrote and some behind-the-scenes stuff related to her memorial service.
    I am a big fan of hers. She has just done so much!!!! Very cool. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

With all the talk of The Weight of Words (which I STILL need), I'm surprised no one is mentioning this one. The Best of Subterranean Press is huge - over 700 pages, and includes pages and pages of signatures, although I bought it for the first signature page. It's a pretty nice production!

Also, I was wandering around Target and FINALLY spotted these two. Couldn't resist now that I finally found them!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG CONGRATS !!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a nice book, Dez and I would have gone for it had it had an original Hill story.

Are you sure the twins didn't find you
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

That is a nice book, Dez and I would have gone for it had it had an original Hill story.

I assume you mean an unpublished Joe Hill story, Brian? It does have Last Breath in it...

They might have been looking for me. I'd better watch out!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I assume you mean an unpublished Joe Hill story, Brian? It does have Last Breath in it...

They might have been looking for me. I'd better watch out!!!
    Yes, Ma'am in regards to the Hill story

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The Best of Subterranean Press is a darn fine collection. Congrats.

HBJ

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The Best of Subterranean Press is a darn fine collection. Congrats.

HBJ
    Thanks, Jack!

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I finally got to meet Joe Hill yesterday! He read us a new short story too. Even though I was told it wouldn't work that way (there was a frustrating lack of consistent information), I was able to get 4 personal books (not bought at the festival) signed. As we all know, Joe is rather free with his signing so there aren't that many of his books on my shelf that aren't signed. But I was able to find a few. Below are the PS Publishing paperback copy of 20th Century Ghosts, the Strange Weather US proof, and both of The Fireman UK proofs - plain and yellow-edges pages. I do love my doodles!

And lastly, me geeking out. I even wore my Christmasland t-shirt!

Country
    Country Flag

So happy for you, Dez and congrats on scoring some of those "rare" Hill sigs

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Wow, nice! Good thing he had his name-tag on so you knew who he was!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice picture with Mr. Hill! I met him several years ago at a horror con in Austin, TX. The venue was across the street from my apartment, so I walked there and had him sign the few books I brought. He was really nice and even signed a few bookplates with doodles for the books of his I didn't yet have. Heart-Shaped Box is still one of the more unsettling books I've read in recent memory. Great that you got to meet him and get a few proofs signed.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Dez!!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Very happy for you! Hopefully the first of many meets with him. Julie was wondering if you were able to see/meet Diana Gabaldon?
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool doodles and pictures! Congratulations !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. Love his note on the value increase.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good job. Joe is such a nice guy.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Can you tell us a little about the short story he read? I have heard it is very good.
    Thanks

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Dez. Like that inscription. Joe does a vest quite well...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, Dez. Glad you finally got to see Joe. He’s a top man.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe is great in person isn't he? I'd like to think his dad was as free with his time in his early days.

Did Joe not say "Oh YOU are 'Doodle Dez',?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast