Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: dnemec

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    It's a lot easiest to be a completest with Joe than it is with his father, Penny!
    Can't argue with that point Dez, however; it's great fun trying
    We all float down here!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    It's a lot easiest to be a completest with Joe than it is with his father, Penny!
    Can't argue with that point Dez, however; it's great fun trying
    Completism (I know, I know) is impossible. Joe Hill's comics iterations and "Keys" now make gathering all of his stuff not only difficult, but a waste of money.

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection! I'm digging all your book sale finds!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan J View Post
    Thanks Meagan! I am the queen of book sales!!! And welcome to the site!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan J View Post
    Thanks Meagan! I am the queen of book sales!!! And welcome to the site!
    That you are!! You know, back in the day I hooked up with a woman in Ct. who had similar skills to help me procure my complete U.S. 1/1 collection. I gave her 10% over costs for any books dhe found on my behalf. Worked out pretty damn good for both of us.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Love the "Dead Clown Barbeque" Dez (it resonates with me for some strange reason) - I'd actually downloaded this to my Kindle Fire a week or so back based purely on the title, but have yet to read it (currently on an Edward Lee / Ray Garton jag)
    I thought of you when I saw the cover, Penny. I haven't read this one yet, but do enjoy his work. I hope you do too!
    About halfway through Dead Clown Barbeque, and it's not a bad read at all - short story collection, mixing horror with humour (more the latter than the former) - quirky
    We all float down here!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it seems that I have totally neglected my collecting thread! But no more! I was in Toronto to see Stephen King a week ago, and in addition to getting my books signed, I found a few interesting things.

But first...drum roll please...signatures obtained in Toronto, including The Shining that I worked so hard to find in great condition!

And my signatures from Owen!

[/url]

But of course, I also had to wander through a few book stores. What's a vacation without bookstores?! And I found some interesting things including this 1st Arkham House printing of Lovecraft's The Horror in the Museum which has never been read (and unfortunately is going into the Christmas gift pile);

several Robert Bloch proofs and a 1st edition copy of The King of Terrors:

[/url]

a whole bunch of unread paperbacks in great condition (The Illustrated Man is a 1st/3rd);

including this cool copy of Tomorrow Midnight that was illustrated in comic book form:

and this is random (but I think totally cool): it's a pamphlet from 1900 entitled "An Illustrated Lesson in Hypnotism."

All in all, not a bad birthday trip!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What store in Toronto was that?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds (and looks!) like you had a great trip. Nice book store adds and I really like the SK signature(s). The 1900 pamphlet is interesting looking as well and made me look up when staples started to be used for binding.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    What store in Toronto was that?
    We went to The Monkey's Paw and Sellers & Newel. We also went to a second-hand bookstore on our way through Buffalo called Old Editions.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Wow, great stuff. I really like the Serling and Bloch books!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Great stuff Dez! Absolutely LOVE the Bloch proofs. Nice find.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really cool stuff!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow Dez, you've hit your collection thread again with a hell of a bang - brilliant stuff (and so envious of the signatures!!!!) !!!

Way to go !!!
    We all float down here!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like it was a very successful Toronto trip. Congrats!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some great pick ups there, Dez. Congratulations.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Love that art on the Hypnotism pamphlet!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on all the signatures! I'm jealous of your Shining and It.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice haul!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the kind words!

A bunch more things appeared last week at my door. (Am I the only one that has a hard time with the preordering? "Honey, I bought this months ago, it's just only shipped now." The reply to which is a disbelieving: "Uh huh.") Anyway, first up is my Doctor Sleep gift edition. I think Cemetery Dance did a fabulous job here:

By the way, I won a second copy of this, which will probably be available if anyone is interested.

My signed copy of Shivers VII also showed up. (Apologies for the picture--I already put a cover on and was too lazy to remove it.)

And finally, the Blu Ray UTD set arrived. I was unsure of the purchase, and whether I would keep it. I was hoping for a good quality collectible, but thought it would end up being cheap. I even used multiple gift cards for the purchase so I wouldn't feel like I was wasting money. I was so wrong! First off, it is big--about 6 1/2" in diameter--and heavy! I had to put it on my postal scale (curiosity, you know) and it weighs 3lbs, 5oz. Will I ever watch the DVDs? Maybe, maybe not. But I am so glad I picked this one up!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-21-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

I pulled these pics from Toronto off Mike's phone after forgetting their existence. First up: Uncle Steve signing The Shining for me, with Owen in the background.

And the two of us at Niagara Falls. That was a great trip! I hope he signs for Mr. Mercedes so I can visit another new place!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-21-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice stuff. Now I know what the UTD globe and the gift edition of DR SLEEP look like! Thanks!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Great new stuff Dez - and love the Toronto pix !!!
    We all float down here!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Dez,
    Super (very late, long overdue) congratulations on your wonderful trip to see the king.
    I'm soooo jealous how nice the Toronto event turned out, the books look fantastic.
    My wife & I have done two King events now, both times were great vacations.
    I agree, I hope a "Mercedes" signing happens somewhere new & exciting, Germany or Paris would have been a blast.
    Rich

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Along the Path of the Beam ozmosis7 will become famous soon enough ozmosis7's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome. I hope he comes my way one of these days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast