Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: dnemec

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Black House print looks brilliant. Great job!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, the Print is supernice.
    For a longer time, i think about Don't Turn Out The Light s/l.
    But when i buy one of them i MUST also buy the other books from the series.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well done on your copy of "Don't Turn Out The Light" Dez - for $25, with all the big name signatures, you made a sweet deal indeed
    We all float down here!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've never seen that DON"T TURN OUT THE LIGHT BEFORE. Nice book. And I don't think I'd visit that Black House, no matter who lives there.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Well done on your copy of "Don't Turn Out The Light" Dez - for $25, with all the big name signatures, you made a sweet deal indeed
    Boy, that's an honor coming from the King of Anthologies!

Thanks Penny!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Really like the Dont Turn Out the Light - Nice
    reality continues to ruin my life

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Love the anthology and the print!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We drove to the nearest IKEA this past weekend (only 3 hours) and bought more bookshelves and a really cool display case, so I'm a bit behind on my postings. However on the way through, we stopped at this fantastic shop in Columbia, SC, that sells books, comic books, and toys/collectibles. According to my boyfriend, I officially crossed over into nerd territory when I bought a couple of the figurines. But I also bought several interesting books, and "The Vault" (which is the really collectible book section) wasn't even open! No Stephen Kings to fill in my collection, but a pretty good haul nonetheless.

Let's start with a 1st Edition of Masques.

Lots of great authors in there! Too bad it isn't signed...

Anyway, this is a newer Ray Bradbury book, but I don't have the 1st/1st. Now I do!

This one is price-clipped, but it is a 1st/1st of The Stepford Wives. And for $5, why not?

And lastly, I do not normally collect BCEs. But I saw this copy of The Shrinking Man, and it's a BCE published in 1956 in really good shape. So it became another "why not?"

That's all for now. When I get my bookcases reorganized, I'll post those pictures. Of course, they have to be just right so that will probably take a little while!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 03:56 PM.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Stepford Wives one of my favorites.
    Nice
    reality continues to ruin my life

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't go wrong with Bradbury, Levin, and Matheson! Plus an anthology. I love anthologies.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice new stuff, but that SHRINKING MAN was not published in 1956, that's Matheson's original copyright date. That book was published in the 90s or even later, notice the zip code on the copyright page. That didn't exist in 1956. It does have nice cover art though.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nice new stuff, but that SHRINKING MAN was not published in 1956, that's Matheson's original copyright date. That book was published in the 90s or even later, notice the zip code on the copyright page. That didn't exist in 1956. It does have nice cover art though.
    I did a little research, and it appears the book is from the 80s, perhaps 1989. It only has the one publishing date, which threw me off. Oh well, still cool!

I agree, you can't go wrong with Matheson!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE new books !!!

Country
    Country Flag

This arrived on Saturday, but I just got around to taking pics. Courtesy of Cook, who thoughtfully suggested I buy it from him to get signed by Owen King in October.

Thanks again, Rich!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great new additions Dez (the Masques is particularly cool)
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

A few things came this week, and perhaps if I get all my work done this weekend I will take pics of the new bookcases. But for now, here are a couple additions.

I have a 1st/1st of Horns, but it was my only unsigned Joe Hill. So I just had to order this from David over at Betts!

I don't know if anyone reads him, but I also received this Jeff Strand book from Dark Regions this week. I have a high school friend that writes historical romances and knowing my propensity for horror and weirdness, she sent me to her friend Jeff. I read his book Pressure and was hooked! I have several of his signed editions, as well as a signed manuscript with an unbinded paperback jacket. This one is his newest, and available via Dark Regions Press if interested!

By the way, the artist's work featured on the front is Alex McVey.
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

Love the "Dead Clown Barbeque" Dez (it resonates with me for some strange reason) - I'd actually downloaded this to my Kindle Fire a week or so back based purely on the title, but have yet to read it (currently on an Edward Lee / Ray Garton jag)
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Love the "Dead Clown Barbeque" Dez (it resonates with me for some strange reason) - I'd actually downloaded this to my Kindle Fire a week or so back based purely on the title, but have yet to read it (currently on an Edward Lee / Ray Garton jag)
    I thought of you when I saw the cover, Penny. I haven't read this one yet, but do enjoy his work. I hope you do too!

Country
    Country Flag

It's the next in line on the TBR - thanks for the recommendation Dez
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Picked up this Gauntlet Press publication of Stir of Echoes on ebay last week. It's a beautiful production!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds. I hope the Jeff Strand book is good. He is a very nice guy and I've enjoyed the few things I've read of his.

Country
    Country Flag

As I have previously posted, I have all 4 1st editions signed of Joe Hill's novels. Up until this week, I had only 3 of the 4 ARCs of his books. This week, thanks to Biblio.com, I found the one I was missing: 20th Century Ghosts.

A great acquisition, as this is my favorite of his books (and it's always nice to find the one you're missing!).
    Last edited by dnemec; 09-06-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, I see a completest in the making here Dez (and, yes, this is entirely a good thing, believe it )
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

It's a lot easier to be a completest with Joe than it is with his father, Penny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast