Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: dnemec

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Nice stuff. Glad you got the FAB8.
    Thanks again for your assistance!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Nice stuff. Glad you got the FAB8.
    Thanks again for your assistance!!!
    M'am, this is a "Stephen King" collecting and book discussing website!!! There is no room herein for "Puppies, lying prostrate for their belly to be rubbed". We simply cannot have it!!! Please make the appropriate changes or you are going from the "Attacker" class, to the "Victim" class in a big hurry!!! "Thanks for your assistance"!!! That should read, "Fuck you, I got one"!!! LOL LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    South Carolina, Sheesh!!! LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    Of course, just kidding!!! Great acquisition!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Had it been something more rare, then yes, I could see "Fuck you, I got one." But it was just a gift edition that most of you probably have--that, and I spent over $100 more than issue price. So just a thanks is fine.

And if you are thinking: She lives in South Carolina so she's being a nice, southern girl, you couldn't be more wrong. I spent all my formidable book-learnin' years in Pennsylvania. And if that "South Carolina, Sheesh!!!" comment implies you think I'm a sweet southern girl, then my dear Merlin, you WILL get a nice big FUCK YOU!

(And just in case you think I'm serious, I'll put it in your terms, Merlin: LOL LOL LOL!!!)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now, that is more like it!!!

Spoiler:
    The "LOL LOL LOL" comment, that cut pretty deep. I'm so hurt. (Laughing only on the surface, inside I am crying!!!) LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

How about a little art for my posts this week? Below is my Jill Bauman art wall. I bought all three off ebay, 2 from Jill directly.

The entire wall:

On the top, we have a print from the PS Publishing 20th Anniversary edition of Christine:

In the middle is a print from Cemetery Dance's Dark Delicacies. I'm particularly proud of this one. I thought it would look cool in a red frame, so I bought an unfinished one and painted it myself. I think it looks great!

And at the bottom from Gauntlet Press: Richard Matheson's The Twilight Zone Scripts:

I think I may pick up one more of hers to go above Christine (got my eye on a another print from Christine). The prints sit across from my desk...I must say, I do like my new Bauman wall!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-26-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Like that Twilight Zone ... the lavender matting works really well.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Those look fantastic!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are great! I have several of Jill's prints. She is amazing!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Like that Twilight Zone ... the lavender matting works really well.
    Thanks! I had a choice of mats with that one. Can't remember the other color, but I thought purple looked great!

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Those look fantastic!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Those are great! I have several of Jill's prints. She is amazing!
    And thanks!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!! Jill, is an excellent artist and a big supporter of the HF!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

A few more things came in the last week, starting with this ARC of Nightmare at 20,000 Feet that I bought from CD via eBay. Just another way to send them my money...

I picked up the Joyland slipcase, courtesy of Tippy4 and the Collectible Classifieds thread, and was convinced to pick on the HIA cards as well (No more shipping costs, he says. No will power, I say).

Thanks Rick!!!

But perhaps the coolest thing to arrive is this little gem. I bought this from a weird little independent online bookstore, and just think it's so cool.

It's a copy of Gold Bug from the 1920s, part of the Little Leather Library. It's a little less than 4" tall. But so cute! Plus it smells like old book. I keep sniffing it. Is that weird...?
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-26-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope. Sniffing is perfectly normal.......... well, to us it is any way

Great new adds by the way!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, now that, Poe is a sweet pick up and smell away!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

And here it is...my new pride and joy! Christine is one of my favorites, and it has been on my "to buy" list for awhile. I picked up a copy on ebay for $610, which appears to be a pretty good deal from what I can tell. There is a minor issue with the dust jacket, but I'll be purchasing a new one of those as soon as I get around to it. For now, here she is!

Isn't she pretty?
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-26-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. That's still on my list.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

To cool... I am going to have to pick one of those up at some point.
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very cool!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Awesome. That's still on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFolio16 View Post
    To cool... I am going to have to pick one of those up at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very, very cool!!!
    Thanks guys!!! I'm very happy with it!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats for the BEAUTIFUL Christine s/l !!!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Christine looks fantastic. Congrats! Still hope to add one to my shelves someday soon.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you give me your address again? I may have to do a little "Midnight Rambler" and pick up some choice items!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Christine copy is beautiful

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the S/L Christine! What do you think of the artwork? I have always thought it was some of Gervais' best and am still disappointed that it did not reach a wider audience.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Can you give me your address again? I may have to do a little "Midnight Rambler" and pick up some choice items!! LOL
    You can try, but keep in mind that my collection is protected by my boyfriend's collection...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Congratulations on the S/L Christine! What do you think of the artwork? I have always thought it was some of Gervais' best and am still disappointed that it did not reach a wider audience.
    I really love the artwork. In fact, I started looking for places to buy prints as soon as I got the book.

I did see that you have the artwork for the dust jacket. Of course, you have everything, so I shouldn't be surprised... [Ugly green jealousy monster coming out] J/K. The picture is gorgeous!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast