Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: Stephen King's Revival Book Tour-Collecting Thread

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's cool. Congratulations...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Thanks to Lot Guy for pointing this out. I was interviewed in Witchata KS on the revivial tour! Made the papers.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article3945508.html

"Reitz boasted that he has 65 of King’s 69 books “flat-signed,” a term for signature-only book signings."

Impressive!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

There's been a lot of talk here about the B&N and bookstore variants ...I assumed there was art on the rear dj that distinguished the two...finally picked up a copy today and there's no art at all on the back. So at the risk of asking something that appears to be common knowledge, what is the feature that distinguishes the two?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that it's both the art + text (but maybe on the picture that I have it's light and not from the actual cover?)

>>> http://club-stephenking.fr/4353-actualite
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    There's been a lot of talk here about the B&N and bookstore variants ...I assumed there was art on the rear dj that distinguished the two...finally picked up a copy today and there's no art at all on the back. So at the risk of asking something that appears to be common knowledge, what is the feature that distinguishes the two?
    It's the text. In the story King mentions Barnes & Noble. That blurb is included on the back cover of the dustjacket. For booksellers other than Barnes & Noble they provided copies that read "the bookstore" on the back. The story remains the same. The UK version uses the same blurb only slightly less of it without the sentence mentioning B&N.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Ah. Okay, thanks -- for some reason, I had it in mind that it was art-related...I see above the difference in text. Thanks to you both -- I appreciate the clarification.

Country
    Country Flag

The art is the same. The Barnes & Noble copy is the same picture as the other. It does look darker than that first image though.

I don't have the "bookstore" copy yet since I ordered it with the CD slipcase, so I can't tell you if it is actually darker.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The art is the same. The Barnes & Noble copy is the same picture as the other. It does look darker than that first image though.

I don't have the "bookstore" copy yet since I ordered it with the CD slipcase, so I can't tell you if it is actually darker.
    Other than the verbiage on the back, I see absolutely no difference in the two.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30