Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King's Revival Book Tour-Collecting Thread

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

NYC was a strict signing only with 350 max wristbands and one book only. I believe they were so efficient, they let a few stragglers in at the end. We had to wait in book prison once inside for 3 hours after all night on the street. Very, very tired. Must rest up now for DC.

Here are the few pics I managed to get... the one of King at the podium was some comic relief as he stretched for a short break.

Very hard to get a shot of me and SK but that's us
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Reports and pics from everyone at all the signings please!
    Democrat!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, Becca! Did you get a few words with him?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome photo's, Becca!! Many thanks from us "Republicans"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Democrat!!! LOL
    Hahaha

Just you remember to take your camera to Austin!!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep I said hello and how much I enjoyed seeing Bangor and being able to take Stu's SK tour. He yelled out "Stu's always in the SK bus"! That's all the time there was
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Yep I said hello and how much I enjoyed seeing Bangor and being able to take Stu's SK tour. He yelled out "Stu's always in the SK bus"! That's all the time there was
    Haha that's cool!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Democrat!!! LOL
    Hahaha

Just you remember to take your camera to Austin!!
    I'm leaving late Sunday, so I promise to post whilst on the road. Anticipate lots of pics of, Terry, Jerome and whoever else is planning on attending. My camera is the first thing I shall pack!!! Look for the new TDT.Org Tee shirts!! We're all AARP members so "Geek is the word", right? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Today was Veterans' Day, so the kids were off school. Also, there was very little traffic through Boston. So we packed up the Minivan and made the drive up to Portland. We left a little late and had a GPS snafu (it's never a good sign when Garmin tells you to wait for a ferry), so we didn't get to the bookstore until about 10. We missed out on tickets, but it wasn't really a big deal. Would have been nice, but I assumed that I would have needed to be there much earlier to guarantee tickets. I did get to see a woman yelling at the store manager about the whole three ticket thing and that was worth the price of admission by itself. I bought a copy of Revival, and I'll probably start reading it tomorrow. We hung around Portland for a few hours and then meandered our way back down the coast, stopping off at the beach in Ogunquit (we vacation there most summers). The traffic home was equally light in the afternoon. Overall, it was a good day. Now that I think about it, the traffic won't be nearly as light on Monday, so the trip back up there probably would have been at least three hours.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We are

(And LOL at book prison.)

What about readings? Huh? HUH?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    GPS snafu (it's never a good sign when Garmin tells you to wait for a ferry)
    That's hilarious.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Today was Veterans' Day, so the kids were off school. Also, there was very little traffic through Boston. So we packed up the Minivan and made the drive up to Portland. We left a little late and had a GPS snafu (it's never a good sign when Garmin tells you to wait for a ferry), so we didn't get to the bookstore until about 10. We missed out on tickets, but it wasn't really a big deal. Would have been nice, but I assumed that I would have needed to be there much earlier to guarantee tickets. I did get to see a woman yelling at the store manager about the whole three ticket thing and that was worth the price of admission by itself. I bought a copy of Revival, and I'll probably start reading it tomorrow. We hung around Portland for a few hours and then meandered our way back down the coast, stopping off at the beach in Ogunquit (we vacation there most summers). The traffic home was equally light in the afternoon. Overall, it was a good day. Now that I think about it, the traffic won't be nearly as light on Monday, so the trip back up there probably would have been at least three hours.
    Compelling!! I wish I was there!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Three tickets per person is very reasonable.

I felt the Austin limit of one ticket per person was not.
    1 ticket was crappy, two or three is more reasonable. Even with a 2 per person limit, eventually they would still sell out and someone would be disappointed.
    I don't agree with this - to me, if you're one person, you buy one ticket. If you want more signed, then find somebody else to show up with you.

I have no problem with buying-selling space in line, or stacking the line with friends - but I don't like being able to buy multiple tickets, especially with so many people waiting overnight. At that point, they should have just sold them to the first 100 people in line at 2 a.m. and been done with it.
    Some people have jobs. They might be able to show up at 9am but perhaps their partner works. 2 tix pp isn't unreasonable. I had no way to be in Austin Texas the morning the tickets went on sale. I paid a premium (which given the fact I'm 1,000 miles away and could not economically be there) and was happy to do so. I wish I could have obtained another ticket for my wife, but there are none to be found (for less than $400). We're still going, but I'm not whining about the one tix PP, nor would I be whining about 3 tix PP limits.
    But I don't get what one's got to do with the other.

If I wait in line, get a ticket, then I get a book - if somebody has a job that they can't sacrifice to get the book, then they don't get the book. If they can find an unemployed friend to get a ticket, they get the book.

It doesn't matter - the policy is 3 per person (which makes no sense to me) so that's the way it is.

I'm not whining either - when I was at the Harvard signing a few years back, I DID have two tickets, but I was by myself. I got one book personally signed, but then they gave me a presigned book because you had to be physically present to have a book signed in front of you. Either way, I got two signed books.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    So who's all going to the D.C. event tomorrow?
    I'll be there.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

About a dozen signed copies from NYC signing on ebay right now, plus at least six sold.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is mine from NYC

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    So who's all going to the D.C. event tomorrow?
    We are
    Me2!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wish I was...

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm heading from the office over to Lisner in a bit. I'm the chunky guy in a sports jacket and purple tie, carrying a briefcase. Close-cropped gray hair and a prominent schnozz. Wouldn't mind shooting the breeze will a fellow collector before the talk if circumstances work out that way. No smartphone, so it's catch as catch can...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Here is mine from NYC

That's a bit different "King". Is he signing them all like that?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

In line in DC!

And it is looooooong...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy line batman. What the fuck
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Country
    Country Flag

Guess this is what happens when you dont send tickets and funnel 1500 ppl through will-call
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...

Along the Path of the Beam coderedx is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    In line in DC!

And it is looooooong...
    Didn't people pre-buy tickets? Is it long because people are wanting good seats?

I'm just curious because I'm trying to guage what time people will start lining up in KC tomorrow...
    For Sale:
    Shivers I, III, and VII - $50 for All 3 - Numbers I and III are signed by some of the authors.

Wanted:
    Full Dark, No Stars Gift Edition
    Centipede Press Salem's Lot Gift Edition

Country
    Country Flag

Sitting 9 rows back all the way on the left
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by coderedx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    In line in DC!

And it is looooooong...
    Didn't people pre-buy tickets? Is it long because people are wanting good seats?

I'm just curious because I'm trying to guage what time people will start lining up in KC tomorrow...
    There was a line because the tickets jad to be picked up at will call. They didnt mail any tickets
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast