Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King's Revival Book Tour-Collecting Thread

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    "Tickets will be limited to four per person."

This makes me hopeful that DC might be the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    Damn, I am sure the line for the NYC Union Square BN signing will start forming the day before.
    If anyone's in the area of the NYC venue, I would be very interested to see if this actually happens.
    I'm pretty sure they don't allow that to happen. As far as I know, you can't line up while the store is open. We couldn't start the line in Union Square until after 11pm the last time.
    The store will open at 9 AM for this event instead of the usual 10 AM opening. The book signing will begin at noon on November 11th. A limited amount of wristbands will be distributed with purchase of one copy of Revival to attend signing on 11/11.

When we went to Union Square B&N for Buick 8 signing we arrived in NYC the night before and got a hotel just down the street. We kept going by the night before and around midnight or so there were only a small handful of people there.
    We went to our hotel to rest checking back occasionally and only the same few were there. We went over at about 5:50am and and we were then among a group of 40-50 which quickly grew after that.
    Shortly after 7:00 am they decided the crowd was getting big so they handed out numbered cards or wristbands or something and sent us on our way telling us to come back about half hour before signing at noon.

We were able to jump in a cab and go up to be part of the Today Show crowd... They had an Old Buick parked out in front of the crowds.....
    ...... and knowing where he side door was, we caught King when he was exiting the NBC studios.
    I got my Carrie signed (a horrible sharpie sig). He was signing it as someone called to him saying his car was there and he looked away while signing it..

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Something like 1500 seats at Lisner in DC. Doesn't make the odds too great of getting a signed copy. Have they announced how many signed books will be distributed? 400 like last time?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I just talked to the bookstore in DC. "Liz" said that the tickets WILL be sold online on 9/23, but would not give details about how or price.
    I called today, too, and pretty much got the same thing. They didn't seem to want to tell me any more information (I don't even think they know the details of what they're going to do yet).

Also: Another moment I wish teleportation was possible. I would totally go to the NYC event, but don't want to have to travel to get there.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Traveler lagniappe will become famous soon enough lagniappe's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I left a message on the DC bookstore facebook page and sent an email. All I got was that they were selling tickets online, but that's really all I wanted to know. I set up reminders to get online and order my tickets

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I work in DC, so swinging over to Politics and Prose should be easy. I'm going to try for a on-line ticket when they go on sale. A pre-signed book handed out by some staffer would be a bonus but that's not the draw for me.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, can't decide if I want to camp out in NY or try for a book in DC. I've seen him talk quite a few times and I really just want a signed book.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Per Ms. Mod there will be 300 signed books at the DC event. Lisner holds 1500 - so you have about a one in five chance of getting one there assuming the bookstore folks make all 300 available to the public which seems unlikely. I would assume they let the employees have some.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...those are pretty good odds, I guess (especially if they let you buy more than one ticket). It's possible that the auditorium won't be filled to capacity, too. Fingers crossed.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Hmm...those are pretty good odds, I guess (especially if they let you buy more than one ticket). It's possible that the auditorium won't be filled to capacity, too. Fingers crossed.
    Really? I don't think the odds are great, actually. Do you think the books will really be randomly inserted into the all the stacks of books or just in a small pile that is given out to a select few?

Country
    Country Flag

I mean, compared to an actual signing, they're terrible odds.

But for one of these events, I'd say it's not bad if we can buy more than one ticket. If not, then I don't think I'd be too happy with them. I would hope that the books would all be combined together in a big pile, but I have no idea. I'd like to trust that system, but if we're being honest, how many of us wouldn't take a signed copy if we were employees there?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The employees will take their fill first. (Would you?)

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For DC, I'm not sure 1-in-5 (or less) is worth the risk of driving 5 hours each way, plus the cost of food & lodging.

I've seen him speak before, so that aspect is the bonus part to me. The signed book for my collection is why I would be going.

I have to decide if the "vacation" is worth it, or if I should just pay the $200 it will cost on eBay 30 minutes after people get an actual signed copy.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Country
    Country Flag

George Mason did it right a couple of years ago. When you bought the tickets they randomly inserted signing tickets so that you would know whether or not you would be getting a signed book. With random distribution at the event 80 percent are disappointed and leave pissed. It's the worst possible method in my opinion. Ms Mod seems to believe it discourages eBay sellers but I think it does the opposite. People who really want a signed copy may not get one while those who could care less may get one. So you create a market of buyers and sellers. And eBay is looking better and better for this book.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    For DC, I'm not sure 1-in-5 (or less) is worth the risk of driving 5 hours each way, plus the cost of food & lodging.
    Yikes. Yeah, that's why I'm not doing the New York deal. I'm only an hour from D.C. so I feel like I wouldn't be as upset if I didn't get a signed copy as I would if I was traveling 10 hours.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    George Mason did it right a couple of years ago. When you bought the tickets they randomly inserted signing tickets so that you would know whether or not you would be getting a signed book. With random distribution at the event 80 percent are disappointed and leave pissed. It's the worst possible method in my opinion. Ms Mod seems to believe it discourages eBay sellers but I think it does the opposite. People who really want a signed copy may not get one while those who could care less may get one. So you create a market of buyers and sellers. And eBay is looking better and better for this book.
    I was at two events with pre-signed copies. The first sold the books after the event and they sold the signed copies first, then unsigned copies... you just had to get in line quick. The second event had you pick a card before entering the venue. If your card was blank, you didn't get to buy a signed copy. People were giving me their cards at the end of the night because they didn't want the book

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ling shot...... But if anyone can snag an extra signed copy for me at any of the upcoming I'll bite your hand off (not literally)

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A lot depends on the setup of the venue as well.

If they have a log jam to get books, more people who don't care are likely to just skip the lines and head out. I've seen it both ways.

At Dr. Sleep in NYC, you HAD to go through the book line to get out of the theater and they had like 5 tables lined up with 10+ people handing out books, so it went fast, and you were stuck going that way anyway. This = bad for your chances.
    At Under the Dome in NYC, they had a single table with 3 or so people off to the side with crowd control robes set up to make a zig zag line. You'd be surprised how many people just walked on by instead of waiting. This = good for your chances.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to wear one of those crowd control robes ... whenever I go to the local pool.... just to keep all the women at bay and under control.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I have to wear one of those crowd control robes ... whenever I go to the local pool.... just to keep all the women at bay and under control.
    LOL

Whereas I have a picture of myself on the mantle piece to keep the kids away from the fire

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

King is going to sign at least 2.5K copies of Revival. One year from now a signed copy will almost certainly be available for <$300.
    The fun of these things is seeing/hearing King, meeting fellow King fans and Dt.org members, partying, and making the trip a chance to see Cities one may never have visited.
    Wichita, Kansas City, and Austin have been on my bucket list for quite some time.

At least it's in November and less likely to be 90 degrees and 90% humidity.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Last November in Paris was feckin' freezin, waiting all night in the rain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Glad this isn't in Paris.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    What time did you queue from, Alan? I got there around 7am (after a night on the beer)

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

King is going to sign at least 2.5K copies of Revival. One year from now a signed copy will almost certainly be available for <$300.
    The fun of these things is seeing/hearing King, meeting fellow King fans and Dt.org members, partying, and making the trip a chance to see Cities one may never have visited.
    Wichita, Kansas City, and Austin have been on my bucket list for quite some time.

Less than $200 I would say! Dr. Sleep came down in price real fast!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I thought this was interesting about King signing the books for the pre-signed events, especially since I assumed he signed them at home, then shipped them off to the venues:

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mod View Post
    Luckily for us, he'll be doing the signing at the events so we don't have to worry about that. We build in a couple hours in his schedule earlier in the day of each event for him to do that.
    Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mod View Post
    Steve will be pre-signing 300 books for each of the events where there is an on-stage format rather than a signing. In the past he'd done 200 for these types of events.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast