+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stephen King to do an AMA on Reddit June 20th

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King to do an AMA on Reddit June 20th

I just noticed that he's scheduled to do an AMA on June 20th at 4:15 pm edt.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, this should be great.

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fuck, just found out now.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This link distills out his answers. Click "context" below one to see the question. http://www.reddit.com/user/stephenkinghere

Gunslinger Apprentice CaliMark is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have never gotten how to keep up with live AMA's trying to read thur the transcript now...

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

This was good. Thanks for lettting us this was out there.
    I believe if you click this link you can follow Q then A instead of clicking on context, for ever one.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...e_producer_on/

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting that Lisey's Story is his favorite novel. I didn't ask him it but I was wondering if he'd ever write a novel just about Flagg, so I am a little bit disappointed that he said he wouldn't (although I understand his reasoning).
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Interesting that Lisey's Story is his favorite novel. I didn't ask him it but I was wondering if he'd ever write a novel just about Flagg, so I am a little bit disappointed that he said he wouldn't (although I understand his reasoning).
    He also said that Rose Madder might be the novel to be "unpublished". Mostly because it didn't meet with much acceptance (sales).

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It kinda of works via hotspot shield (which uses US IPs to navigate online)... but I doesnt seem to be able to watch the video? :s
    Download the software here >>> http://www.hotspotshield.com/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm fixing to click the link but I'm curious what an AMA is and what exactly is Reddit. <hangs head in shame>

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

AMA = Ask Me Anything. Reddit looks like a web page that was created in about 1996!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    AMA = Ask Me Anything. Reddit looks like a web page that was created in about 1996!
    Thanks. I will eventually read through the reddit page thing but to be truthful I am not enamored by the site or format.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't like the format and gave up trying to read through it. I like a little more organization and just found it annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Thanks. I will eventually read through the reddit page thing but to be truthful I am not enamored by the site or format.

That's why I preferred the link that listed only King's answers (http://www.reddit.com/user/stephenkinghere) -- it helped filter out all the noise.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saddened by the Rose Madder comment. I love that novel.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've read that comment a couple times and wondered how he meant it. It almost sounds like, even though it wasn't very successful, he'd still publish it. Am I alone with this one?

If I were to "unpublish" a novel...hmmm. There are some I'd probably rewrite, but unpublished? Probably not even ROSE MADDER, which has always seemed less than successful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Very much appreciated the links, especially the Overview one that Bev posted. That site is not particularly friendly and without that link I would have given up completely.
    The comment I found most humorous (theres always some bonehead who has to ask the question ha ha):

–]bobfromholland
    Where do you get your ideas from?
    [–]stephenkinghere[S]
    A little used idea shop in Pittsburgh. You sell them your soul, they give you ideas. :-)

Thought it was kinda cool that King commented on Liseys Story being his favorite and Rose Madder "seemed less than successful"
    Though I dont agree Liseys Story is his best I really liked it event tho a lot of others didnt, and I thought Rose Madder was crap.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    I've read that comment a couple times and wondered how he meant it. It almost sounds like, even though it wasn't very successful, he'd still publish it. Am I alone with this one?

If I were to "unpublish" a novel...hmmm. There are some I'd probably rewrite, but unpublished? Probably not even ROSE MADDER, which has always seemed less than successful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    From "On Writing" --

I have written plotted novels, but the results, in books like Insomnia and Rose Madder, have not been particularly inspiring. These are (much as I hate to admit it) stiff, trying-too-hard novels.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought redddit was annoying before now. What an amazingly cumbersome and awkward layout they have.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do not agree with him about Rose Madder, I loved it, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Christine

Country
    Country Flag

I've not read Rose Madder nor Insomnia so it will be interesting to see how I feel about them.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Again, loved Rose Madder. Insomnia, on the other hand, blew my mind. One of my favorites. Maybe because I read it before The Dark Tower.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So I muddled through it and about dude (I'm sure it was a troll, but it caught me off guard) mixing up stephen king and stephen HAWking.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread