Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyland Signed / Limited: Who Owns Them?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I just received my copy from the UK. I got the last in the edition #724. So I've gotten the highest possible Joyland and the lowest possible UK TWTTKH (not including the replacement copy).
    Then you have the ONLY 2 numbers that mean anything at all (extra) in any print run. Either the first or the last. Anything else is absolute BS, and evenly equal in their "rarity". I laugh every time anybody gets excited by a "low" number- why? Unless it's #1 (and only as a novelty), or whatever the last # is (again as a cool novelty)- it's maddeningly meaningless. People make up reasons to get excited about something. This is how we get religion. And Reality TV.

So, congrats, I say!

Ron

You criticize those that assign value to low numbers, and then YOU assign value to #1 and #724 as if they have any more meaning.

I agree that low #s should not be worth any more than high #s......but since many collector's do value low #s, they become more valuable.
    I'll take #19 off your hands, if you ever or have one.
    I would gladly sell it to you, alas, I do not.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose i should post on here too that for the moment i have #44

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting for my s/l :-( .... but something for the list:

medizyner85 (a friend from the German SK page) s/l 599

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Based on the data on the first page, in addition to Tom's #44, it looks like we have found only two copies of Joyland under number 50. If the books are being randomly distributed, then the likelihood of that happening (i.e., having only 2 [or fewer] copies numbered 50 or under, out of a sample of nearly 70 copies) are approximately 2%. That means that it's pretty likely that the books are not being randomly distributed (or that our data sample is biased). One of the following is likely to be true:

1) The books are not being randomly distributed, and the low numbers are being cherry-picked (or possible some low set of numbers were set aside for SK, etc.)
    2) The books are not being randomly distributed, but are actually being sent out highest to lowest (maybe that's just how they are stacked).
    3) The books are being randomly distrbuted, but people are choosing not to share or sell their lower numbers.
    4) The books are being randomly distributed, and it's just bad luck that we haven't seen the low numbers yet.

I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, so I'm going to go with number 1.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Based on the data on the first page, in addition to Tom's #44, it looks like we have found only two copies of Joyland under number 50. If the books are being randomly distributed, then the likelihood of that happening (i.e., having only 2 [or fewer] copies numbered 50 or under, out of a sample of nearly 70 copies) are approximately 2%. That means that it's pretty likely that the books are not being randomly distributed (or that our data sample is biased). One of the following is likely to be true:

1) The books are not being randomly distributed, and the low numbers are being cherry-picked (or possible some low set of numbers were set aside for SK, etc.)
    2) The books are not being randomly distributed, but are actually being sent out highest to lowest (maybe that's just how they are stacked).
    3) The books are being randomly distrbuted, but people are choosing not to share or sell their lower numbers.
    4) The books are being randomly distributed, and it's just bad luck that we haven't seen the low numbers yet.

I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, so I'm going to go with number 1.
    WOW...I'm amazed by the amount of thought (and math) you put into this!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll go with #1 (partially) - and they were distributed based upon order time - I placed my orders before I posted the info here about the US site - and my two books were amongst the lower numbers here (not the lowest, but in lower third). My lettered was probably ordered before tippy and RF as well.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    WOW...I'm amazed by the amount of thought (and math) you put into this!
    The curse that is my life.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The whole print run was distributed in two 'blocks' - the high numbers all came from the UK and the low(er) numbers all came from the US. In time we may find out what the 'cut-off' number is (if we keep tracking which number was ordered where).

Also, I'm pretty sure the books in the UK block were not distributed according to order time (i.e. early order = low number), or if they were the books were stacked with the highest numbers on top - I was most likely the first one here to order one from the UK and my copy was #713.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think they were stacked in order. I received two books and they were quite different.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone else NOT received their media mail US copy?

(and I haven't been listed for #724 UK)
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I have yet to receive my second ordered media mail copy

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

that's funny that i got my copy in the UK before you guys in the US waiting for media mail!

I have copy #331
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Number 256 is on sale on eBay by signedbookaddict

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone actually gotten "their number" as a result of this list?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone actually get "their number" as a result of this list?
    Yes, my second copy was the number that Explorer was looking for.
    Trade in progress.
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

37 & M. (Keeping both for now)

Chad, you are a superstar in my eyes. Thanks so much for pointing me to the US site, I'd have given up if it wasn't for your kindness. Cheers Matey.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Has anyone else NOT received their media mail US copy?

(and I haven't been listed for #724 UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I have yet to receive my second ordered media mail copy
    I have one that is "missing". It was supposed to go to a very rural area of Alabama, but as of today, no joy.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So we have ONE number that found a home as a result of this list...that is disappointing.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think someone over on The Collector's forum may also have found a match on the list here.
    So yeah, only one confirmed so far.
    Mark Twain

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Has anyone actually get "their number" as a result of this list?
    Yes, my second copy was the number that Explorer was looking for.
    Trade in progress.
    THANKFULLY Kyle (Scoogs) was amicable to make arrangements so I could procure # matching my DT set.. This site has much to offer among collectors and this list was a great idea to start even before books arrived. KUDO's to you 2.

For the record #232 headed to Scoogs from EXPLORER
    For the record #219 headed to EXPLORER from Scoogs
    Last edited by EXPLORER; 07-03-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: correcting name

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Has anyone actually gotten "their number" as a result of this list?
    Someone on the Collectors site is looking for my number 215 I posted a response I would trade waiting to see if he contacts me.
    For your list he has #469 Calason
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I updated the list with a few subtle changes.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Shaq #37 not on there yet
    reality continues to ruin my life

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think I am totally updated....so let me know if I have missed.
    Not completely updated this is what I posted over the past week or so:

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    #713 has moved on - I sold it to a gentleman in Keller, TX.
    I see that the master list is updated but my copy (#713) is still listed as being for sale. I sold it to a gentleman in Keller, TX a couple of days ago. I'm pretty sure he's not a member of this forum.
    My copy (#713) was sold to an eBay member a week ago.
    My copy (#713) was sold to an eBay member a week ago.
    So why haven't you left feedback for them?
    Kidding...sort of.....as that is the only way I can determine the name of the buyer whom you sold it to.
    It's actually my first eBay sale ever I figured I'd wait giving the buyer feedback until I'm sure the book arrived safely. At this moment eBay/PayPal won't even let me access the money yet, supposedly because I need to establish that I'm a trustworthy seller... they want to give the buyer the chance to open a case and get his money back without my interference (at least that's what it looks like).
    Anyway, I can PM you the buyer's ID if you wish?
    I think we are all updated.
    Not quite my copy (#713) was sold to eBay member redpearl7.
    ... but my copy is still listed as owned by me and for sale by me on eBay

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast