Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: He's Got Radioactive Blood - The Spider-Man Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Been trying to catch up on Amazing since I took some time off from it once BND started. I'm still not in love with the new book, but I do like it more now than when it first started. Still, I don't see why they couldn't have had two separate books, one where he is still married in regular continuity, and the other for the BND in it's own continuity. That could get confusing I suppose.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not only that, there are still some elements prior to OMD that show up in these recent issues despite the new 'status quo' established from BND, they require a deep leap of logic. Yep, confusing pretty much sums it up!

One thing that really bothers me about OMD is how they went about it, making the deal with Mephisto. It just seems, to me, like something Peter Parker would never do.

If they wanted to retcon Peter's identity being exposed, why have done it in the first place? It was a brave idea to do, and one they could have stretched many more stories out of.

But, why not, instead doing OMD, just have Aunt May die, and Peter give up being Spider-man, thus ending the series? Then, being the series again with issue one set either before the marriage to MJ and they could do stories like what they are doing now.

Or at least that was my idea on how to fix the matter.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Im reading BND n i like it but I reall think that comics take place in real time, DC is closer to doing this than marvel but they muck it up with multiverse cosmology, the only comic right now which takes place in real time is hellblazer which I think makes it superior to characters with 40 (or even more) years of baggage having it all compressed into 15 years, eventually most mainstream comic characacters r going to have to fix this by either starting to take plce in real time or buckling under to many stories and eliminating continuity alltogether
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with everything you said except that last bit about the series after May's incident. I think it would be much more interesting to see Peter coping and ultimately overcoming May's death and seeing how it effects him as Spider Man.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I agree with everything you said except that last bit about the series after May's incident. I think it would be much more interesting to see Peter coping and ultimately overcoming May's death and seeing how it effects him as Spider Man.
    That would be pretty cool. Wish Marvel was reading this.

I do like the three times a month shipping schedule for Amazing though, that is working out pretty well.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Ben Reilly returns (major nerdgasm)

dont know if any of u care but here: http://marvel.com/news/comicstories...._Wedding_Bells is an article which states that my favorite comic character, ben reilly, peter parkers way more awesome than him clone is returning
    soon

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't get too excited yet. Marvel has been known to pull the fan's strings ever since this crap status quo started. Anyone remember Jackpot, and how that turned out...?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Interesting angle for upcoming Spidey ....

( I'm going to spoiler this, even though it is vague )

Spoiler:
    Spider-Man's alter ego to lose his job
    By Laura Batchelor, CNN

Not even his spider-senses could help Peter Parker escape a pink slip at the mayor's office.
    • Spider-Man's alter ego, Peter Parker, will lose his job this week
    • Parker's going to struggle with unemployment, try to save city, pay his bills
    • Marvel comics tries to have story lines set against backdrop of current events

New York (CNN) -- Spider-Man's alter ego cannot escape the harsh realities of the current economic times and will lose his job in an issue of the Amazing Spider-Man hitting stores this week.

Peter Parker, official photographer of the mayor by day and New York City crime fighter by night, is going to face new challenges, including unemployment.

"He's going to struggle with unemployment and trying to save the city while he can barely afford to keep a roof over his head," said Steve Wacker, Marvel Comics senior editor.

Parker has always been a grounded character with real-world problems, Wacker said. His aunt is frequently sick, he has girlfriend troubles, and he sometimes struggles to find work. In addition, Spider-Man story lines are often set against a backdrop of current events.

In the near future, Parker will have to juggle paying bills and buying "web-fluid" and other materials to fix his superhero costume in addition to keeping his dual identities under wraps.

Parker's work history includes photographer, assistant high school coach, science teacher and scientific researcher, according to his biography on the Marvel Web site. His education includes a college degree in biophysics and some postgraduate work in biochemistry.

It was at a science exhibit he attended as a teenager that he was bitten by a radioactive spider and acquired the creature's strength, agility and weaving ability, says Marvel Comics.

And although Parker has skills few other others can claim, he probably won't list these on his resume: superhuman strength, ability to cling to most surfaces, fast traveling ability aided by web-slinging and spider-sense danger avoidance system.

The Amazing Spider-Man comic was first published in 1963.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

He can always turn to crime.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Interesting angle for upcoming Spidey ....

( I'm going to spoiler this, even though it is vague )

Spoiler:
    Spider-Man's alter ego to lose his job
    By Laura Batchelor, CNN

Not even his spider-senses could help Peter Parker escape a pink slip at the mayor's office.
    • Spider-Man's alter ego, Peter Parker, will lose his job this week
    • Parker's going to struggle with unemployment, try to save city, pay his bills
    • Marvel comics tries to have story lines set against backdrop of current events

New York (CNN) -- Spider-Man's alter ego cannot escape the harsh realities of the current economic times and will lose his job in an issue of the Amazing Spider-Man hitting stores this week.

Peter Parker, official photographer of the mayor by day and New York City crime fighter by night, is going to face new challenges, including unemployment.

"He's going to struggle with unemployment and trying to save the city while he can barely afford to keep a roof over his head," said Steve Wacker, Marvel Comics senior editor.

Parker has always been a grounded character with real-world problems, Wacker said. His aunt is frequently sick, he has girlfriend troubles, and he sometimes struggles to find work. In addition, Spider-Man story lines are often set against a backdrop of current events.

In the near future, Parker will have to juggle paying bills and buying "web-fluid" and other materials to fix his superhero costume in addition to keeping his dual identities under wraps.

Parker's work history includes photographer, assistant high school coach, science teacher and scientific researcher, according to his biography on the Marvel Web site. His education includes a college degree in biophysics and some postgraduate work in biochemistry.

It was at a science exhibit he attended as a teenager that he was bitten by a radioactive spider and acquired the creature's strength, agility and weaving ability, says Marvel Comics.

And although Parker has skills few other others can claim, he probably won't list these on his resume: superhuman strength, ability to cling to most surfaces, fast traveling ability aided by web-slinging and spider-sense danger avoidance system.

The Amazing Spider-Man comic was first published in 1963.
    like thats never happened before

steve wacker is a plotline rehashing fanboy in the guise of a writer

My Mood
    Gay

Brice!! With great power comes great responsibility, mister!!

Yeah, I know it's been done before ... but it really fits with the economy now and it can open up some interesting character points if they do it right.

I don't read Spidey on a regular basis, because, like you said - a lot of it has been done and done and done again.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a longtime reader of spiderman, in fact I support BND (not OMD noone supports that) but the braintrust still irritates me on a regular basis

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still collecting ASM , even after the whole OMD/BND fiasco, and I have to say that the stories aren't as bad as some reviewers are making them out to be. Some of the liberties that they're taking with established baddies are rather interesting.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I'm still collecting ASM , even after the whole OMD/BND fiasco, and I have to say that the stories aren't as bad as some reviewers are making them out to be. Some of the liberties that they're taking with established baddies are rather interesting.
    indeed, now if they would just bring back ben reilly now, instead of taking such tiny steps towards it

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Brice!! With great power comes great responsibility, mister!!
    Ummm...yeah, you forgot who you're talking too didn't you? It's okay Pam. I understand. We know really my superhero status would last all of about 2 seconds. From there I'd very responsibly rip the door off Fort Knox.

If anyone else like spidey finds themselves looking for employment, I can offer very lucrative positions as henchmen. Send your resumes to infiniteevilmegalomaniac@gmail.com.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

V understands.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4