Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: He's Got Radioactive Blood - The Spider-Man Thread

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default He's Got Radioactive Blood - The Spider-Man Thread

The Spider-Man thread.

OK, this one more day MESS. Grrrrrrr

Don't read further until you've finished reading the "One More Day" storyline.

1. Damn this whole "deal with the devil" thing was crappy.
    2. How does Peter know exactly what's going on when he wakes up? You'd think he'd feel SOME disorientation.
    3. OK so his secret identity is safe, but did the Civil War still "really" happen? Are all the other heroes besides him still affected?
    4. If so, how did he come through that without being outed by Tony Stark? Does this mean that no one EVER knew he was Spider-Man, or did Tony just start hitting the bottle again?
    5. Does anyone care that Harry's alive again?
    6. If he's alive, WHAT ABOUT GWEN?
    7. If you look at the last page, you can see web shooters sticking out of Peter's sleeve.
    A. This would seem to negate the events of "The Other", which begs the question, how much other stuff never happened?
    and B. If he doesn't roll his damn sleeve down, that whole "people forgetting he's Spider-Man" thing won't mean Jack Squat, now will it?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Great thread, Spence.

I have been out of the Spider-Man loop for a long while, I don't know the specifics of everything leading up to One More Day (The Civil War, The Other etc.), so I can't really say how badly they f'd this up.

I did, however, pick up the first volume of Back In Black and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I want to go back and read the Civil War and anything Post-O.M.D to see how this all turns out.

Country
    Country Flag

Well for starters, Harry Osborn died in Spectacular spider-Man #200, which was about 15 years ago. What I'm saying is that any number of things could have been changed or retconned, going all the way back to the beginning. "The Other" storyline basically "evolved" Peter into a more of a spider like creature, the most noticable effect of which was that he now had the ability to shoot webs as part of his body, like in the movies, and thus didn't need web shooters.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's wrong as fuck!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

That's wrong as fuck!!
    My thoughts exactly.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spence I think you just blew us all away and I doubt even us comic fans could answer any of your questions.
    You are a true Spider Man fan.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Skolpadda View Post
    Spence I think you just blew us all away and I doubt even us comic fans could answer any of your questions.
    You are a true Spider Man fan.
    Thanks.

Yeah, other than getting King on board for the Dark Tower comics, I ain't been too happy with Joe Quesada the last year or so.

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How bad was this?

J. Michael Straczynski, who was contractually obligated to write this, TRIED TO HAVE HIS NAME REMOVED from the last two issues. And he said that the final issue was rewritten so heavily by editorial that practically none of his work remains.

Even with Dan Slott, my favorite writer at Marvel these days, taking over a third of the book, I refuse to buy Amazing Spider-Man anymore. And I know I'm not alone.

Country
    Country Flag

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

1. Damn this whole "deal with the devil" thing was crappy.
    Agreed, but Joe Q. didn't want to have to worry about parents having to explain to their kids why Spidey got divorced. Which begs 2 new questions

1. Divorce is bad, but the Devil's ok?
    2. Kids read Spider-Man?

2. How does Peter know exactly what's going on when he wakes up? You'd think he'd feel SOME disorientation.
    Because to Peter, the smell of wheatcakes cooking is like coffee to us.

3. OK so his secret identity is safe, but did the Civil War still "really" happen? Are all the other heroes besides him still affected?
    His secret ID was already safe. Dan Slott took care of that in The Initiative.

4. If so, how did he come through that without being outed by Tony Stark? Does this mean that no one EVER knew he was Spider-Man, or did Tony just start hitting the bottle again?
    It never happened.

5. Does anyone care that Harry's alive again?
    I do. I always liked him in the comics. I always felt his loss because Peter never had any other friends. Is he a fair tradeoff for what's happened? Hell no!

6. If he's alive, WHAT ABOUT GWEN?
    JMS originally wanted Gwen to come back too, but Joe Q. killed that plan.

7. If you look at the last page, you can see web shooters sticking out of Peter's sleeve.
    The Other never happened either. Peter's not as strong, fast, hyper sensitive and has lost the organic webshooters as he was after The Other.

A. This would seem to negate the events of "The Other", which begs the question, how much other stuff never happened?
    Good question. How much do you want to bet that the actress Aunt May that died never happened?

and B. If he doesn't roll his damn sleeve down, that whole "people forgetting he's Spider-Man" thing won't mean Jack Squat, now will it?
    If people saw the shooters, Aunt May would just say they're ankle holders for her gynocological visits and that Peter's just holding on to them for her.

It's already happened once.

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone done an interview where they take thetime to explain just why Peter and MJ being married was such a horrible thing, even though fans seemed to love it, and those that don't, (and even those that do), have a perfectly viable younger unmarried Peter and MJ in Ultimate Spider-Man?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think showing them divorce is worse than showing them married personally.

Country
    Country Flag

I think showing them divorce is worse than showing them married personally.
    Ah, but the argument is they didn't divorce, they made a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May. Which, as Jimmy said, how is showing them making a deal with the devil better?

And my contention is that there was nothing wrong with them being married. Also, all that tension between Peter and Tony Stark ,which has been driving much of the tension in the Marvel U lately, and was a VERY compelling story, is now just.... gone, and actually never happened, kind of like when Tony Stark killed The Wasp and it was revealed that he'd been under the mind control of Kang since way back in Iron Man #3 or so, and Tony ended up dying and being replaced with a teenage alternate timeline Tony Stark, who got sucked up by Onslaught, only to reemerge a year later as the original adult Tony, who either did or didn't die in the first place oggodmyheadisspinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Has anyone done an interview where they take thetime to explain just why Peter and MJ being married was such a horrible thing, even though fans seemed to love it, and those that don't, (and even those that do), have a perfectly viable younger unmarried Peter and MJ in Ultimate Spider-Man?
    A 5 part interview with Queseda's been posted in sections over the last week or so here :

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12664

I think Ultimate is either going to be coming to an end soon, or it'll be merged with the mainstream Marvel U.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have noy seen Spider Man 2 or 3. Are they worth watching?
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    And my contention is that there was nothing wrong with them being married. Also, all that tension between Peter and Tony Stark ,which has been driving much of the tension in the Marvel U lately, and was a VERY compelling story, is now just.... gone, and actually never happened, kind of like when Tony Stark killed The Wasp and it was revealed that he'd been under the mind control of Kang since way back in Iron Man #3 or so, and Tony ended up dying and being replaced with a teenage alternate timeline Tony Stark, who got sucked up by Onslaught, only to reemerge a year later as the original adult Tony, who either did or didn't die in the first place oggodmyheadisspinning.
    The sad thing is, I completely understand what Spencer just typed.

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    I have noy seen Spider Man 2 or 3. Are they worth watching?
    2 : Yes, it's good. Just fast forward through all the scenes featuring Kirsten Dunst.

3 : Take notes, because it gets very convoluted. Also fast forward through all the scenes featuring Kirsten Dunst, plus any scene that starts out where you hear a bass line start to play.

Trust me on this.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Good advice. I have decided that Kirsten was the worst possible choice for MJ.

She takes it to kind of a crack whore place and needy--man that pisses me off.

You are Spidermans girlfriend, your shit doesn't matter.

Good advice. I have decided that Kirsten was the worst possible choice for MJ.

She takes it to kind of a crack whore place and needy--man that pisses me off.

You are Spidermans girlfriend, your shit doesn't matter.
    I love MJ, I think she's great fun and can be very compellling as a character.

Kirsten Dunst looks like she fell out of a crappy vampire movie (which come to think of it, she did) and didn't capture the "pop" that MJ has. She made her whiny, creepy and I don't like the way she called him "Pete."

I've been reading those comics for years and nobody calls him Pete, it's Peter.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, love MJ-hate Kirsten as her.

Brice Dallas Howard was great as Gwen even though she was barely in the picture.

I would've preferred her as MJ personally. She's even a natural redhead.

To keep the thread on topic, I should note that Marvel has posted a shot that they're calling Spider-Man's new status quo which can be viewed here:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=142267

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Brice Dallas Howard was great as Gwen even though she was barely in the picture.
    Bryce Dallas looked AMAZING in Spider Man 3.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

After the way MJ was crying about everything, I wanted Spidey with her by the end.

And I never go against MJ

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post

The sad thing is, I completely understand what Spencer just typed.
    and even sadder that I typed all that from memory.

Thanks for the interview link. I don't agree with any of what he said, but at least he presented an opinion.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that eventually there will be a spiderman series on the TV. Just like the Terminator.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast