Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes-Collecting Discussion

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet tweet!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Neat tweet!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't beat that tweet!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now all we need is an announcement of a matching set S/L trilogy!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Neat! A sweet treat that can't be beat!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Neat! A sweet treat that can't be beat!
    What? Are you guys now "Literary Rappers"? LOL

Great news!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Yeah, I just read that this was apparently the start of a trilogy...I'd no idea. I need to hurry up and get my copy and get reading it...at this rate and knowing King's prolific nature, I'll still have #1 unread by the time #2 comes out!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Yeah, I just read that this was apparently the start of a trilogy...I'd no idea. I need to hurry up and get my copy and get reading it...at this rate and knowing King's prolific nature, I'll still have #1 unread by the time #2 comes out!
    Are you like the last "Perk" to have read it? LOL I read it all the way through the day it arrived.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

This just arrived today. I don't really want to take it out of the shrinkwrap just yet, so I can't check what # it is.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, the Dutch one
    Shrinkwraps are worthless IMO. Only problem is that the sticker is also gone then...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Cool, the Dutch one
    Shrinkwraps are worthless IMO. Only problem is that the sticker is also gone then...
    Yeah, I know there's some varying opinions out there about shrinkwraps. You're right about the sticker. It's on the wrapping, so I'm even more reluctant to remove it because of that. Maybe I will at some point...

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've removed the sticker from the shrinkwrap and but it on the dustjacket protector. So, what number is it?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    I've removed the sticker from the shrinkwrap and but it on the dustjacket protector. So, what number is it?
    Don't know the number because I haven't taken off the shrinkwrap...

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Are you like the last "Perk" to have read it? LOL I read it all the way through the day it arrived.
    Probably. I read and collect a large number of authors, so often King just has to wait his turn in the rotation (though I do, of course, often bump him to the top...though not this time, for whatever reason). I am looking forward to it, though.

Along the Path of the Beam JulesH will become famous soon enough JulesH's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    My wife caught me making room for a few books and was like "won't they weigh too much?"

We have to buy another suitcase for her shopping.

Nuff said

I found the alternative cover UK edition, and bought two extra copies. One is already spoken for but I have another one available. PM me if you are interested. Was half price at Ł10.
    Thanks for picking one up for me James. That's a great price .

Buy a small case and take it as hand luggage. You'll fit heaps of books in and they don't weigh it .
    Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage. Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Probably. I read and collect a large number of authors, so often King just has to wait his turn in the rotation (though I do, of course, often bump him to the top...though not this time, for whatever reason). I am looking forward to it, though.
    That's cool. When you do get around to it you'll understand my dumb ass joke!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All, Just to let you know that all my UK copies have been spoken for. I have checked locally and am unable to get anymore.
    Everyone who requested one from me originally should have had a note regarding shipping, I am intending to get them out to the post office tomorrow. Those who requested after the initial post, I'm sorry I couldn't accommodate you.

P.S After packing up 20 books, I appreciate the hard work David at Betts puts in every day!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to thank stroppygoblin for taking the time to do this for everyone who asked for one. I think he did a great job getting the one he got.
    Thank you.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have also noticed that the US edition is a little thicker than the UK edition.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What about the page number?
    I wouldnt be surprised if it was related to the paper used.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    UK is slightly smaller in all dimensions.

UK 405 p. - US 436 p.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

That's not at all unusual. Different layouts, fonts, etc.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    U.K. THE TALISMAN PAPERBACKS both have the same page count.

1 3/4"(2nd edition) & 1 1/4"(1st edition)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    All, Just to let you know that all my UK copies have been spoken for. I have checked locally and am unable to get anymore.
    Everyone who requested one from me originally should have had a note regarding shipping, I am intending to get them out to the post office tomorrow. Those who requested after the initial post, I'm sorry I couldn't accommodate you.

P.S After packing up 20 books, I appreciate the hard work David at Betts puts in every day!
    Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I would like to thank stroppygoblin for taking the time to do this for everyone who asked for one. I think he did a great job getting the one he got.
    Thank you.

Yes, many, many thanks, Simon!!! I really appreciate the time and effort. You're one of the greats!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast