Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes-Collecting Discussion

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is only one Dutch hardcover edition, all 1000 books are numbered, with ISBN 9789024565337.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys - I think I'll go ahead and order it from amazon

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a signed copy....or do we?

Signed Mr. Mercedes

Ugh! I hate sellers who list a synopsis of the book.

Give me the facts jackass, where was the book signed and when?

I think it is legit (it must be, it comes with a COA), but he will never get $900.

Seller has multiple King signed items HERE.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Based on the photo of King and Rob Reiner that the seller posted and his note to see his other auctions "specializing in BOSTON SPORTS", I'm guessing he happened to have King sign it at the ballpark. Was Mr. Mercedes on shelves at that point?

EDIT: Yup, the game was this past Monday, June 16th, so I'm betting that's where it was signed. Which also explains why it looks like it's signed with a basic ballpoint rather than King's usual Uni-ball.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have a signed copy....or do we?

Signed Mr. Mercedes

Ugh! I hate sellers who list a synopsis of the book.

Give me the facts jackass, where was the book signed and when?

I think it is legit (it must be, it comes with a COA), but he will never get $900.

Seller has multiple King signed items HERE.
    Price has been dropped to $750 with three offers.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

And now there is a second one!

Presumably an associate of the first seller given that they have the same pictures.

but wait...now a third one!

King is wearing the same shirt in all the auctions, and you can clearly see he is signing Mr. Mercedes in the a couple pictures.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is interested, there have been five signed copies sold on ebay so far with prices as follows:

$600 plus Priority shipping
    $543 ± $7 shipped
    $425 shipped
    $400 shipped
    $400 shipped
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

David has two 1st/1st signed copies for sale at Betts for $495 each.

Anybody care to guess how many actual copies are out there that have been signed? I know, shot in the dark but, with no official signing, the # has to be pretty low no?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

<50
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. King did no official signings for Mr. Mercedes, so the number is very low for a King book.

John

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks fellas. That's what I was thinkin'......definitely no more than 50.

As we've come to expect from David, the $450 - $500 price seems to be where it should be based on the scarcity.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr. Mercedes UK Paperback is out today with an excerpt of Finder Keepers. If anyone wants me to get a copy for them just PM me. Should be at the bookstores on Saturday.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I ordered the MR MERCEDES UK paperback from Amazon.uk. (2 copies) Maybe I should have waited, but they usually come in good condition despite the scarcity of protection in their packaging. I got an e-mail confirmation yesterday they were sent.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've also been doing that on the last few paperbacks and also haven't had any issues with damage to the book. They've arrived in good shape. Looking forward to receiving this new one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10