Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Get To Know DT.Org's Staff #5-fernandito 5/19/13-5/25/13

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Get To Know DT.Org's Staff #5-fernandito 5/19/13-5/25/13

My name is Fernando.

I'm the oldest of 4 (which means a lot of stuff was automatically my fault growing up lol). My parents are both from Mexico and made the 'jump' to the States in their early teens.

I love playing and watching most sports but Soccer (Futbol ) will always be my favorite. It is the most beautiful sport in the world and I can spend hours upon hours reading, discussing, and playing it. I'm an avid video gamer and and book reader (duh). Film is my favorite art form and am looking to attend film school where I can get a job in the creative process.

I started reading Stephen King in my pre teens. Most of my family members know that I've been reading obsessively since my pre teen years and my uncle gave me my first Stephen King book - Desperation - when I was in 8th grade. I fell in love with his style right off the bat which invariably led me to more of his work.

I joined DT.net and made some great friends there (many of whom I still talk to). The site shut down and several of us migrated to a different forum, til Matt decided to start this wonderful forum and we answered his call. A year or so after joining Hannah asked me to be a mod and I never looked back. This place is my internet home and I feel privileged to be a part of it.

No question is off limits so go ahead and ask away!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been here on the boards for about two years or so now, but have never heard of you ... so I guess my question is, where in the forums do you hang out? It's certainly not in Calvin's Corner, that's where I spend the majority of my time. What's your King area of expertise?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Mexican food.
    Have you ever tried haggis, Fernando? A real Scottish delicacy!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you wearing mascara in that pic?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I can't believe you found that pic

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I've been here on the boards for about two years or so now, but have never heard of you ... so I guess my question is, where in the forums do you hang out? It's certainly not in Calvin's Corner, that's where I spend the majority of my time. What's your King area of expertise?
    Pretty much everywhere that's not Calvin's Corner I'm not a collector myself so I don't really post in CC as I wouldn't have much to contribute. I do occasionally take a gander in the sub forum though to check out the seriously impressive collections some of you have amassed, and to provide a passing compliment or two. I spend the bulk of my time in End World and Shardik, talking about movies and music and every off topic discussion under the sun. You should stop by sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    I love Mexican food.
    Have you ever tried haggis, Fernando? A real Scottish delicacy!
    I haven't! I just looked it up though and it sounds fantastic. I'm wondering if there's a place in L.A where I could find some ...

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Are you wearing mascara in that pic?
    Haha no, my eyelashes are naturally like that. I was made fun of a lot at school because it looks like I wear eyeliner ... ....

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

He forgot to mention that he recently changed his screen name. He was feverishparade for about eleventy years.

Now I must think of a good question.....
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    He forgot to mention that he recently changed his screen name. He was feverishparade for about eleventy years.
    Ah yes! Guess I should have included that little detail

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If Batman were to fight Roland---who would win?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you had to pick ONE person that would pick the ONLY movie that you could watch for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    If Batman were to fight Roland---who would win?
    Damn, that's tough. I mean ... Roland is probably the fastest, deadliest, most accurate ranged fighter ever. He could blast someone's eyelashes off a kilometer away.

Luckily Batman would have prepared for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    If you had to pick ONE person that would pick the ONLY movie that you could watch for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
    Probably my brother. We could grew watching a lot of movies together and he'd pick an adequate film, and we have similar tastes.

OR maybe BECAUSE he knows my tastes he'd pick a movie like Legally Blonde 2 just to hurt me

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Will you ever watch Cloud Atlas?
    When I visit LA, what's one thing that we are *definitely* doing?
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Ah yes! Guess I should have included that little detail
    D'oh!!!

I swear I never even noticed! I see a name beginning with "fe-", the avatar, the style and the rest of it is instantly recoganizable, and I assume it's feverish!

Questions:

Why the fuck did you change your name I've known you by for ages?

Do you ever talk to yourself?

If you do, in what language?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Enchiladas. Specifically red spice enchiladas with queso fresco.

They've been my favorite food for as long as I can remember at everytime I eat them it instantly puts me in a good mood.

Will you ever watch Cloud Atlas?
    Maybe

When I visit LA, what's one thing that we are *definitely* doing?
    Either Disneyland OR the Venice beach drum circle. I'm leaning towards Disneyland though, it truly is the happiest place on Earth. DAT SPACE MOUNTAIN RIDE.
    Oh and to get you some REAL Mexican food. Fah real.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I swear I never even noticed! I see a name beginning with "fe-", the avatar, the style and the rest of it is instantly recoganizable, and I assume it's feverish!

Questions:

Why the fuck did you change your name I've known you by for ages?
    I figured that everyone already knew my real name anyway, and I needed a change! I find it hilarious that people still call me feev regardless

Do you ever talk to yourself?
    Absolutely, all the time. "Come on jackass, where'd you leave your keys? Think moron, think" etc.,

If you do, in what language?
    English and Spanish. Spanish is usually reserved for work when I want to talk out loud to myself but I don't want my co workers to understand what I'm saying

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Hiya, lover!

Down to the important stuff...

What is your favorite temple/section of OoT?

If we were in a drinking contest, how many beers would I have to drink with you until you passed out?

Are you superstitious?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Hiya, lover!
    Hola querida

What is your favorite temple/section of OoT?
    Definitely The Forest Temple. The aesthetic of the dungeon, the sound track (best song in the game imo), and the awesome Phantom Ganondorf fight.

If we were in a drinking contest, how many beers would I have to drink with you until you passed out?
    Ooooh good one. I haven't drank to my limits in a really long time, but last time I did (for my birthday about 3 years ago) I must have drank a good 13-14 twelve oz. beer cans before I passed out.

Are you superstitious?
    For certain things, yes. Before every soccer game I need to put my gear on in a very specific order. Once I was mere seconds away from starting a game when I realized I had put my shoes and shin guards on in reverse order ... I'm convinced that's the VERY reason we lost that game

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Which would you rather do without for the rest of your life--toilet paper or deodorant?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ever had sex with more than one guy at a time?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Which would you rather do without for the rest of your life--toilet paper or deodorant?
    Deodorant. TP is irreplaceable. IRREPLACEABLE. I mean I love Mexican food but it does unholy things to my butt, LOL

(TMI idgaf)

Considering I'm a straight male, no.

However I did have a dream once with both George Clooney and Brad Pitt in it ...

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What non SK book is your favorite and why?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    What non SK book is your favorite and why?
    Oooooh, good one.

I'm a huge proponent of science fiction so I think my answer probably lies there. Sphere by Michael Crichton, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, and Neuromancer by William Gibson are all up there among my all time favorites.

If you pressed a gun to my neck and forced me to decide I'd probably say Sphere by Crichton. A powerful novel from beginning to end.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you pressed a gun to my neck and forced me to decide I'd probably say Sphere by Crichton.
    say it! say it!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sphere by Michael Crichton!

OH PLZ DONT' SHOOT

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Considering I'm a straight male, no.

However I did have a dream once with both George Clooney and Brad Pitt in it ...
    I have that same dream with Clooney and Ryan Gossling!

...ps - had to ask since one of the first things asked of the female staff was about them sleeping with women - fair is fair...

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

If there were an alternate dimension where cats evolved as we have instead of primates and they invaded our dimension in force, would they be coming as predators, or looking for proper belly rubs?
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast