Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem

Cemetery Dance has announced they will publish The Dark Man as Limited Edition Hardcovers on July 30th.

The Dark Man is a shadowy poem that Stephen wrote while still in college. This edition celebrates that early writing with illustrations by Glenn Chadbourne and is offered in several variations sure to please both the collector and the Constant Reader.

Please note: Cemetery Dance is also offering Tray Case and Deluxe editions of The Dark Man signed by Stephen. The availability of these variations is limited and will most likely sell out quickly.

Preorder on Cemetery Dance

http://www.cemeterydance.com/thedarkman.html
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It says on the CD website that this is the World First Edition, when it is in fact the third time this has been published. Firstly in "Ubris" and then in "Moth".

"World's First Edition, First Printing SLIPCASED trade hardcover featuring a different dust jacket and shrink-wrapped with a deluxe custom-made slipcase and a collectible Glenn Chadbourne bookmark featuring a Dark Man drawing that doesn't appear in the book ($49.95)"

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Devil's Wine?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Devil's Wine?
    They never claimed Worlds First edition for that one.

"The Cemetery Dance hardcover is the only edition for this title, and many of the nearly 200 poems have never appeared anywhere else. Stephen King's amazing contributions were originally published in small venues during his college years and these publications now resell for thousands of dollars due to their scarcity. The King poems hadn't seen print in over 30 years—this is the only time they have ever been reprinted!"

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    It says on the CD website that this is the World First Edition, when it is in fact the third time this has been published. Firstly in "Ubris" and then in "Moth".

"World's First Edition, First Printing SLIPCASED trade hardcover featuring a different dust jacket and shrink-wrapped with a deluxe custom-made slipcase and a collectible Glenn Chadbourne bookmark featuring a Dark Man drawing that doesn't appear in the book ($49.95)"
    Wasn't it also in The Devils Wine?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Mr. RT, what I meant was that if we counted Devil's Wine it would be the fourth edition.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully this book will inspire King to return to Flagg again sometime in the future.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What the hell is going on? Everything King writes does not deserve a limited edition.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Mr. RT, what I meant was that if we counted Devil's Wine it would be the fourth edition.
    Sorry. Yes your right. I forgot about that. That makes it even worse. Cemetery Dance have already published it!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So this is just for one poem?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's the book itself that is an "edition" -- not the appearance of the poem. The pop-up version of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon wasn't the second edition of TGWLTG -- it was the first edition of the pop-up presentation.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes.

At least The Devil's Wine had nearly 200 poems.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    It's the book itself that is an "edition" -- not the appearance of the poem. The pop-up version of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon wasn't the second edition of TGWLTG -- it was the first edition of the pop-up presentation.
    That was also abridged.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'll get the regular trade hardcover from Amazon. Would be better if it collected off of King's poetry.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I had this conversation with Amber this past weekend. It seems like King is getting ready to retire. He's getting all the money he can now, not that he needs it, lol. I mean, I love Cemetery Dance, and I'm sure this will be a beautiful production, but a poem? A poem? Fuck that.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I had this conversation with Amber this past weekend. It seems like King is getting ready to retire. He's getting all the money he can now, not that he needs it, lol. I mean, I love Cemetery Dance, and I'm sure this will be a beautiful production, but a poem? A poem? Fuck that.
    I would say that CD approached them with an interesting concept that allowed them developping and transforming into pictures the poem... and that he wanted to see what it would become. So am I
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It could have been done as a signed broadside - the poem with one nice piece of art.

Lettered Edition and Limited Edition have sold out!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

As I've said elsewhere, King's words and Glenn's art both help tell the story of The Dark Man here. It really does become a compelling read.

This is the World's First Edition, First Printing of this version of the poem and the artwork.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    It could have been done as a signed broadside - the poem with one nice piece of art.
    But that wasn't the goal here. The goal was to tell the story of The Dark Man and his travels using King's words and Glenn's art.

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Glenn's art.
    Personal opinion of course, but do many people like his style?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was under the impression that he was big in the horror/Stephen King area and the go-to guy for King-related artwork.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Glenn's art.
    Personal opinion of course, but do many people like his style?
    We do.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love his artwork. He puts so much detail into his work, he never half asses it. Great guy, as well.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love his art work but would also like to see someone else give a SK limited a go

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast