Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Haven Foundation Auction #39-LIVE! Ned Dameron Art, The Waste Lands-Custom Case

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Haven Foundation Auction #39-LIVE! Ned Dameron Art, The Waste Lands-Custom Case

AUCTION LINK

TheDarkTower.org is proud to be the EXCLUSIVE site to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item.
    For your consideration is an Original handmade wood slipcase for Stephen King’s “The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands” featuring a cover engraving of Ned Dameron’s re-imagination of “Blaine The Mono”. Dameron placed a protruding inlay on the case at the front of “Blaine”. It is a 3D piece, and the first like this that Dameron has attempted.
    Thanks to Ned Dameron for donating all these fine pieces of art!
    This case was made (and donated) by famous craftsman Dick Olson. Check out his website: Bookslipcase.com
    Inside the case is an original oil painting by Ned Dameron.
    Finally, the case houses a Mint condition 1st edition of Donald M. Grant’s “The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands” by Stephen King. The book has a two page Remarque depicting Roland “The Gunslinger”.
    This is a one of a kind combination that Dameron has promised will not be duplicated.
    NOTE: As the photos show, the cast inlay is incomplete. Ned Dameron will be putting the finishing touches on the piece.
    As such, the book will not ship to the winner until approximately 1 month after the auction ends.

Thanks to TheDarkTower.org member Merlin1958 who coordinated this effort and paid for shipping as a donation to our 2013 Haven Foundation Fundraiser.

100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to The Haven Foundation
    . Originally founded by Stephen King, The Haven Foundation is a national, non-profit organization making grants to freelance writers and artists experiencing career-threatening illness, accident, natural disaster or other emergency or personal catastrophe.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome - I'm in (mebbe, likely, probably, sorta, kinda, etc) !!!!!

And massive props to Wild Bill The Haven Whore !!!!

And Dick Olson

And Ned Dameron (of course)

All we need to add to the list is world peace and we'll have a home run
    We all float down here!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Very H.R. Giger

I just kicked it up to $610.

I think this might surpass what you get for the S/L Shining.

These two items will get us pretty close to the $12,000 goal...and I see a good chance of exceeding it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that didn't take long! I agree with Tippy... I could easily see this going for more than the Shining S/L!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's really impressive. Like Tippy said, it has a strong H.R. Giger feel to it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Awesome - I'm in (mebbe, likely, probably, sorta, kinda, etc) !!!!!

And massive props to Wild Bill The Haven Whore !!!!

And Dick Olson

And Ned Dameron (of course)

All we need to add to the list is world peace and we'll have a home run
    Grant, your thoughts are much appreciated. In some ways this might be the best of all HF auction items in at least the media being utilized. Sculpted inlay, Oil painting, sketch and a remarque and artists sig. Certainly the most complete and collectible.

I gotta say, overall the Artists for whom the Haven fund is designed to ultimately benefit have all been absolutely wonderful and generous in their support of the Haven Fund each year. Rachel Readman, Ned Dameron, Alex McVey, Glenn Chadbourne, Mark Geyer, Jill Baumann and Erin Wells to name a few.

This looks to be on track towards your projected "Home Run", Grant!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Time will tell, Wild Bill, time will tell ....
    We all float down here!

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Awesome... i will not have the money to buy it, but its an absolutely outstanding auction!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit. Someone wants this case...in fact it looks like several people want it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Holy shit. Someone wants this case...in fact it looks like several people want it.

Man, you can say that again!! Just jumped $200 to $860!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I know Dick Olson donated the Case....Ned did the art.....Merlin coordinated the efforts.....Randall listed it on ebay.

Who donated the book?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Man, you can say that again!! Just jumped $200 to $860!!!
    I was going to put the over/under at $750. I figured it would go over, but not this early!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

great looking case (and book) - I am just watching

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I know Dick Olson donated the Case....Ned did the art.....Merlin coordinated the efforts.....Randall listed it on ebay.

Who donated the book?
    Ned

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow so high so quick. Great piece boys and girls. Kudos to those involved in arranging.

Now, lets see who BPs competition is on this...

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

I guess we will finish at 1111$...

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ned and I are the only ones so far that have seen this case up close & personal. I will certainly toot Neds horn (or train whistle)!! It is some great and imaginative work! I haven't actually seen the book itself but this art will be worth every penny (good or bad..) that is bid on it.

Even though I know the painting has nothing to do with it, when I look at Ned's interior illustration of 'Blaine' I think of the Spice Worm in "Dune"....
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Ned and I are the only ones so far that have seen this case up close & personal. I will certainly toot Neds horn (or train whistle)!! It is some great and imaginative work! I haven't actually seen the book itself but this art will be worth every penny (good or bad..) that is bid on it.

Even though I know the painting has nothing to do with it, when I look at Ned's interior illustration of 'Blaine' I think of the Spice Worm in "Dune"....
    I have not seen the signed/remarqued as yet either, but when I spoke with Ned on the phone he offered to replace the copy I sent him (it was a little scruffy) with a still in shrink wrap copy he had in his studio. So it should be a "mint" copy!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post

I have not seen the signed/remarqued as yet either, but when I spoke with Ned on the phone he offered to replace the copy I sent him (it was a little scruffy) with a still in shrink wrap copy he had in his studio. So it should be a "mint" copy!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, IF the winner of the auction is a member here, for actual additional shipping cost, I will toss in a bonus box that features numerous drawings (copies, original, you get what I have), handwritten notes between Dick Olson and Ned Dameron, and the greatest piece; (not even sure how to best describe it) a solid board, that Dameron glued, taped, and or affixed multiple pieces to as a mock up. The picture doesn't show it, but the piece is comprised of many pieces-much like a puzzle.
    This is bonus stuff that the buyer rarely receives.
    There are 9 images inside the spoiler tag-they are all rather large, so if you don't wish to, you can ignore them and speed page loading-but who here can resist looking...

Spoiler:

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is some very interesting material. I hope the winner is a member here. Good call RF.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It is indeed a "behind the scenes" look that you will treasure!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Wow RF, these pieces (for me) make this auction once of a kind !!!!

As with some of the other guys here, I hope that the winner is a member of this hallowed sanctum
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast