Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Are Eddie and Jake the same people?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are absolutely the same people.

23 33.82%
  • No, they aren't. Their bodies (genes) and names are the same but no more.

32 47.06%
  • It doesn't make any difference.. so what?

3 4.41%
  • I can't vote because...

10 14.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Are they the same at all???

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, thanks! I'd forgotten about that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Ah, but with every now comes a new eternity, no?
    Hypothetically, yes. I have my suspicions but no firm reason to believe that this "now" is the only one we get. If that's the case, than of course, a new eternity comes with each "present" you get to experience. The question then becomes, can you become aware of your previous "nows," and all the ramifications of that stuff. Again, I have my suspicions, but nothing that would count as evidence of anything specific, which is why I try to get the most out of this now. It seems the pragmatic thing to do.

Matt, I got your Zn reference by the way. I forget nothing about "the Dish." I was as impressed with it as a weapon as Roland was and loved that it came complete with a great story.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, but with every now comes a new eternity, no?
    I love that. I totally agree and I believe this is a great way to perceive life
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    In general terms I'd agree completely with RofG. But in this instance I think I'd be inclined to say it is the same Eddie and Jake.
    I actually do tend to think they are the same Eddie & Jake and that they have not lived their entire lives to date on that level of the Tower, they may just think they have. That was the reason I started the "Why Different for Susannah?" thread because I feel that she was given the same "reward" for her service to the Tower that Eddie & Jake were despite, imo, not givng the same level of service. My thoughts in this thread have mostly been accepting the hypothetical that they are different and exploring the ramifications, but for the record, I believe that it is the same Eddie & Jake.
    Aha! Then in that case, I do agree with you completely

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post

Aha! Then in that case, I do agree with you completely
    Always the wisest course of action.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Matt, I got your Zn reference by the way. I forget nothing about "the Dish." I was as impressed with it as a weapon as Roland was and loved that it came complete with a great story.
    Okay, because I was worried about you there for a second. Well...half a second. Actually, I didn't really care either way.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Okay, because I was worried about you there for a second. Well...half a second. Actually, I didn't really care either way.
    ha ha, you care

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

:rose:

have you ever heard the song "The windmills of my mind?

I really like this topic, you are all so delightfully enlightened, I am proud of you all. I agree with you all,

Brice, your amazingly spot on as usual.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Linda, you're bringing harmony again...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Linda!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    have you ever heard the song "The windmills of my mind?

I really like this topic, you are all so delightfully enlightened, I am proud of you all. I agree with you all,

Brice, your amazingly spot on as usual.

Thanks alinda, I went home with a huge grin on my face yesterday because these discussions are so very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    ...I went home with a huge grin on my face yesterday because these discussions are so very interesting.
    Any Tower-related stuff is fun for me to talk about, but it's the metaphysical questions like this one and some of the others we've been on about lately that intrigue me the most. I enjoy questions where there is no definitive answer, just everybody's individual interpretations.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

and the name of the game is perception !!

" I believe in .....EVERYTHING! "

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    and the name of the game is perception !!

" I believe in .....EVERYTHING! "
    Precisely Alinda!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's very cool to have these discussions and realise that a thousand stories are lurking within this one tale, just depending on how you personally perceived it

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is so true, I have dedicated myself to going through and listening to them all again now just because of the ideas this brings to mind.

Its amazing, exactly what I wanted for this site.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Whilst looking for Tower Connections in Insomnia, I came across a passage where Lois asks Clotho and Lachesis where people go when they die. The answer they are given is very pertinent to this discussion; the doctors simultaneously reply,
    "Everywhere."
    "Other worlds than these."
    Which concurs with the notion that they can be the same Eddie and Jake, much as the Jake that died after being pushed under a car by Mort was the same jake Roland dropped, who was the same Jake killed by Bryan Smith etc.
    It's not reincarnation, because you are not entirely reborn - you move on .

Excellent find Lisa!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers Infact, I'd forgotten (inaccurate Patrcik Danville prophecy aside ) what an excellent guide book Insomnia is, for the metaphysical nature of the Tower.

Indeed, which is why it gets frequent re-reads from me. I know King never intended to fully pull back the curtain and "explain" all the metaphysics of his multiverse, but I love it anytime he gives it a try, and Insomnia is among the richest examples [not to mention just being a good story].

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Could you go look in the discussion thread (it's titled Lois's green man) for the Insomnia Tower Connections page - I posted a question there you might be able to help with (Not the green man question.)

will look for it now

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I have just added a poll. I have read many interesting opinions but I don't know which group is bigger... so here is a poll.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good idea Letti, I voted yes, they are the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast